A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
858 Guests and 43 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143186 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2013 09:18:49 AM »

It would be fun to have a party with my crafty friends each month so we can shop in each others' stashes! Cheesy

I frogged 4 projects last night and added the yarn back into stash...it felt great because I never got into them and they were weighing me down with "guilt"...good bye old icky afghans I will never make! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013 09:39:33 AM »

THAT'S the spirit Always  Grin
I've been ruthless and thrown things away today, they were bits that would be no use to anyone else so I couldn't push them on to my Mum  Wink I always send her home with something from my stash  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013 09:53:32 AM »

well to give a better idea of how it looks, here are a few images...don't be fearful...LOL

The wall units that hold a bit of everything and then some

The bookcase and yarn bin

Beading corner and a bit of the wall unit

A look at the fabric

yes those are boxes at bottom.

and the closet well, we shall not got there.

and the other wall has my sewing stuff, desk and a draft table I cant use for no room right now..

yes I would say I need to get things in order and reduce.

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013 10:14:13 AM »

I tried to do this last year and ended up buying quite a bit more craft supplies, so I'm going to try again this year. My room looks like a yarn explosion, and I have boxes of stuff and sacks hanging everywhere. My New Year's resolution is to not buy anymore yarn until I can get to my closet, because I currently have a bunch in front of my closet, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2013 11:49:44 AM »

What gaudiknight said about loving your stash...

I didn't manage to tidy up anything today, but I destashed something! A little something. One towel and three pieces of ribbon into what I'd call a changing table placemat (because it stays in place). My dd loves thrashing around so I tried something new today. More to follow, I'll have 4 or 5 in the end.

carolmb, I think I'd love the contents of your beading corner. I put everything away so nothing shows, and I keep forgetting what I have. So I'm always in for a nice surprise when I open those drawers. Or boxes. Little makeup suitcase thingy...

One of my goals is to get rid of stash for crafts that I don't do (anymore) and don't intend to try, not even with the kids. So while I'll keep things for bookbinding, fabric paints & water colours etc, I'm getting rid of acrylic paints, silk painting stuff and hopefully lots of other bags and boxes. And not to think too much about it because then it would all stay. And I have to get rid of lots of doll house stuff I inherited from my mom. I only kept 8 rooms, will probably reduce further, and there is so much more! And guess where that is right now... But it is so hard to let go!

I, too, love the idea of stash shopping - and if any of you ever comes around here (which would be in Northern Germany), you are welcome to drop in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
meowari
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2013 11:51:32 AM »

Oooh! I love the idea of shaming by posting pictures! Here's my mess (I can't believe I'm posting this  Embarrassed):
(view from the door- to the right is the futon with stuff I'm sorting through on it. The white table to the left of the closet with all of the stuff piled on it is my "workspace". All of the stuff piled up between the table and the closet is going to be sold on ebay. The white shelf above the table holds wooden craft supplies, whimsies, spray paint, and other small supplies. I have paintbrushes, clay tools, and x-acto knives in the cups under the shelf. I have my acrylic paints on the closet door)

(view facing the door. I have miscelaneous small things stored in the shoe holder on the back of the door. I have stamping supplies, hole punches, and eylets & brads on the black shelf to the right. Fabric dye & paint, some beads, and tchotchkies on the left)

(unpacked supplies in closet. Knitting needles are in that wine gift box, waiting to be shipped to a friend because I finally gave up on knitting)

(books, magazines, paper supplies, glue, misc. junk)

(fabric and inspiration wall)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2013 11:54:58 AM »

OK, carol, your stuff is neat. Not like what you are about to see. Please be warned the following images are not for the faint of heart.

The good news is all the stuff in the living room is sorted by type of craft except pic one which is the catch all surface and I can see my sewing machine in the craft room.

Living Room

Dining Room.

Uhhhh craft? room

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
meowari
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2013 11:58:58 AM »

I don't feel so bad after seeing that, lovesclutter!
I can't wait to see everyone's pictures at the end of the year to see if we all followed through with this destash... I sure as heck hope I do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013 12:04:54 PM »

Started sorting a couple of weeks ago, so living room is first, and I'm spending more time in the back room now, so every day I try to organize a little and craft a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013 12:22:20 PM »

I posted pics a few times last year, got things straightened out, but reverted back to my old ways... Cheesy

I think maybe I am destined to be a messy crafter!

But, I do love seeing what everyone has so keep posting pictures... Cheesy

lovesclutter--if you ever get rid of your poster of Jim Morrison, I will have to "defriend" you! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Gluten Free Strawberry and Cream Cupcake Recipe
Donuts Are Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
Fresh Fruit Popsicle Recipe
Strawberry and Vanilla Baked Alaska Recipe
Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...