A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 149862 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013 02:02:40 AM »

Well A quick look in the craftroom informed me of a few things

1 I need to clean it again.
2 I should take pics in order to if nothing else perhaps shame myself into keep it order
3 Try and break the habit of trying everything that sounds interesting (nope this one is not gonna happen)

quick list of stuff
One corner of beads of nearly every type a long with supple for working with them
three shelving units with items ranging from candling making, to painting
One three drawer bin with yarn
One three drawer bin with threads for sewing and cross stitch
one bookcase with books ranging from knitting, quilting, painting, clay, sewing, neddlepoint
One bookcase with mags with the same range as the books

yeah I need to use up lots of stuff. bout the only thing not overflowing is fabric, only have about two shelves in there with it on it LOL, ohhhh I am forgetting the boxes of stuff I didn't dare look in......

ohhhhhh what have I become!!!!!!!!!

That was just the stuff I could see and look at and wonder how am I going to get it all back into any type of order. the whole bottom and very top of each shelving unit has boxes!!  and the file cabinet with patterns and printouts of things to try and do.

well and wonderment
carol

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013 02:25:28 AM »

Aw, carolmb, please, don't be ashamed of your stash! Crafters have stashes, that's that. We have potential projects in our head, we have potential projects in our shelves. Look at the number of people who signed up at craftster, they all have a stash at home! Wink
"Hello Wulf."
Hm, Wulf, now that the new storage thing already sits in the garage, why not fill it there? It would still sit in the garage, but it could already be useful. You could always put it somewhere else later. *keeps straight face*

I wish we all would live close to each other, then we could have happy stash parties where you show off your pretty materials like other people show pictures of their holidays.
"And this is the linen stash that I bought for making medieval dresses and because it would be awesome to make clothes for every day out of it. IKEA and thrift store."
And you could all go "oh" and "ah" Wink
Ha, I'd love to see your stashes! Please post pictures! Wink I'll go "oh" and "ah" Wink Wink

I need to join the destash-along. I actually like the size of my stash, and I freely admit that I won't use even half of it ever, but we moved last year, and now nothing is where I can find it easily, some boxes are broken or not labelled and I need to organize everything. If I can use some of it during the year with the destash-along, all the better.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013 02:26:41 AM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013 02:32:51 AM »

Getting my groove on with the organisational side of things today  Grin I have all of my wadding and stuffing now in just two zipped storage bags neatly tucked away down the side of the wardrobe (which I daren't look in until I've cleared the rest of my space)
Talked hubby into putting some shelves up above the window(When that happens is something I can't control) for me to sit my dolls on and for things like my box of Xmas ribbon which doesn't get used until October so doesn't need to be easily accessible for now. I boxed that up and organised the rest of my ribbons into a basket which will go under my sewing table.I have a 4 drawer unit I bought from Ikea about 10 years ago which I'm hoping to get castors screwed to the legs and a hard surface attached to the top to make a table extension with storage for my sewing thread and lace/trims and the ribbon out of the basket.
*phew* I deserve this coffee break  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013 05:58:47 AM »

Hmmm... just spent a few minutes in front of the (tiny) craftroom, planning. A bit crowded in there. I have to get some things out of there, clear the floor, and then I should start cleaning, and trying to find things.

As my camera's busted I tried to take a picture with the laptop (the telescope lens (?) met with a mirror the other day, the mirror won). I obviously need some practice here.

I promise to take a better picture within the first month!

At least I can see my desk chair again. Not pictured on the left side would be my sewing table (you can just about see the edge opposite the desk) along with a set of drawers (beads), a bookshelf for stuff, some shelves for books (how did that happen?), some bags & boxes and more stuff... And I think there is even an ironing board behind the door, but then again, that might just be a rumour. And I have some large boxes with craft stuff and books that have to go in there yet.

The DeStash-Along couldn't have come at a better time, I'm so happy I found it yesterday!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013 06:00:57 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013 06:39:04 AM »

I feel in such good company...for 2013, I want to use this craftalong to get ideas on how to use some of the stuff I have stashed...

January 2--$0 spent on supplies; all yarn organized into bins and not scattered all over the house...phew

Next...wrap more fabrics to continue my fabric organization...

Decide what to do with all of the glamourous fabric I purchased and saved for years for clothing and costumes that I know I will never make...sequines, glitter, brocades, velvets...so pretty but takes up too much room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
cursive_queen
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013 07:33:48 AM »

I'm in!
I have to purchase quite a bit of fabric for projects that have been started or committed to, but after that - I'd like to use up stash and at the very least, get it organized.  I've  been meaning too, and hubby made me lovely shelves, it's just a matter of getting things sorted enough to put on said shelves or in bins. 

The scrap fabric is the biggest problem.  I have a big rubbermade container and random bags.  I want it sorted by colors at the very least, but haven't really had a good way to do that.  I saw some wire drawer bins on Ikea that I'd love to get, I'll just have to wait til the budget allows
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013 08:00:22 AM »

I've been working on my organisation all day on & off. I've covered some jars in paper to hold my pens,markers,glue sticks and needles,boxed and labelled things, found 3 missing pincushions AND the flesh fabric I need for my latest doll so it's all WIN here for me today  Grin
I still have a hell of a way to go though  Undecided it's not that I have a lot of any one thing, it's more that I have bits of EVERYTHING and not much space to keep it in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
whatthepuck
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013 08:38:27 AM »

I bought a huge box of gallon and quart size bags from BJ's with hopes of organizing. I'm going to keep up with my spending. I'm either going to be shock at the amount I spend or be able to keep my spending down so I don't have to feel ashamed. I'm not counting the gift cards I got for birthday and Christmas. That's free money.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Bookmark
Sept ATC
OTT October Holidays

Anyone interested in a Hockey Swap.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013 08:41:46 AM »

I used huge ziplock bags to put my projects in and then used those market bags to organize them into knitting, sewing and other projects.  I am set to go and feel a bit more organized...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
gaudiknight
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013 09:14:15 AM »

That's the spirit, Ruby Copperhead!  This isn't about stash shaming, it's about stash celebrating.  But we all have different points that divide our feelings of usefulness and overwhelming. 

I'm going through a decluttering phase at the moment, so my current destash goals are a bit ruthless.  On the other hand, I love my stash and all the materials I've gathered over the years.  There are some awesome stories and memories stored in with them.  One thing I like to do is let friends "shop" in my stash when they're looking for new projects.  I know that the yarn or whatever is going to a good home, and I can often watch the projects grow along the way.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"The Lost Kings" Book Trailer - Short Version
Authors Jorge and Laura Posada on Fit Home Team
Author Kathy LeMay Reveals Her Motto
The Wild, Wild Inside Book Trailer
Jennifer Weiner Discusses Fly Away Home
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...