A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
779 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143654 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Antidigger
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013 04:52:17 AM »

I soooo need to reduce my fabric stash. Perhaps this year I'll manage it. It's fairly well organised, but I'd like to reduce it by at least one drawer this year (That's not to fill it back up with new stash, but to have a free drawer for other stuff).

I think we need a thin quilt, purples, pales and neutrals, so that should help with the destashing. But I've never tried quilting before, maybe I'll have to do a few practice pieces first.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013 04:55:04 AM by Antidigger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013 05:28:05 AM »

Most of the projects on my 50 projects in 2013 list are from my stash. I'll update that list to show which I know are from stash, and which use mostly (but not all) items from stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meowari
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013 06:56:04 AM »

I just bookmarked this! I need this! My main resolution this year is to use up the craft supplies that I have and try to not buy anything.
I was looking at a blog the other day of someone who sells online and they were explaining how they keep their studio, including their large stash of fabric, neat and tidy... I was so upset because they have a business making vintage aprons (I think) and they only had one jar of rickrack, one jar of lace, one jar of thread, etc... I have boxes of that stuff and I've never made an apron in my life!
I mean, I know I'm a supply hoarder, but I must be really bad if a couple of shelves of up-to-4-yards of fabric is a large stash. I got rid of 15 garbage bags of fabric when I moved to New England 3 years ago- I thought that was a large stash of fabric! I guess this makes it more of a DeHoard-Along for me, then...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013 07:36:16 AM »

I will be doing this along side the 50 Projects again this year. I don't have a very big stash in way of yarn (my mom actually took about six skeins from me to knit a scarf. yay for other people helping to destash). I am getting a spinning wheel so I will need to quickly destash stuff I already have to make way for the fiber I will be getting for the wheel.

I have already gone through my craft closet and threw away a bunch of old clothes that I was thinking of doing something with. They were just sitting around and taking up to much room. Because of that, I was able to organize my stash a bit better. Hopefully that will help me find things faster and keep me from buying something I may already have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013 07:53:52 AM »

I have spent some time today ironing and folding some of my woven fabrics and putting them all together in one box. Stretchy fabrics I just dumped into a huge bag to be sorted another day as ironing is not one of my favourite pastimes. I also sorted all of my heavy weight upholstery samples into a shoe box, I have sofa fabric and faux suede in 6"-8" pieces which work well for doll shoes and such  Smiley

My Beloved ordered two 6-drawer plastic storage units for me this afternoon
Similar to this   but taller and pink  Grin They should make a huge difference to my organisation, I'll be able to see what I have without having to empty boxes on to the floor.

I found some fabric samples that I think will work well for little gift bags too.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013 07:55:07 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
misskohaku
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013 10:22:40 AM »

This sounds great! My stash isn't terribly big, but as a dorming college student the less I have to bring home at the end of the year, the better! Plus my crafty stuff takes up a decent chunk of the family storage unit...  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013 11:00:27 AM »

I'm in, too! I meant to join last year, and the one before, but I got kind of distracted. And as my little distraction is 16 months old now and running around all day, I have been able to get crafting again, mostly sewing and beading.

I love the themes and challenges, and I think it's great to have them upfront. While going over the first post I was already deciding when to do some projects...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013 11:54:59 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013 11:10:07 AM »

I destashed a cupboard door, a defunct camping mat and a vintage pillowcase into a notice board just now as I was supposedly organising my craft space Cheesy It's my first completed project of the year and when I have a pic on the "50 projects" board I will add a link here.

It works for the "resolutions" theme for Jan' as I'm am doing my damnedest to get tidy and STAY tidy this year!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4953559#msg4953559
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013 11:24:49 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013 11:25:05 AM »

Most of the projects on my 50 projects in 2013 list are from my stash. I'll update that list to show which I know are from stash, and which use mostly (but not all) items from stash.

Same here, I think nearly everything I have on my list is from stash also. I know most of the embroiderer and cross stitch items are.

gaudiknight, the challenges look great and doable for me. Except the 'supply diet' in March. I already have a project that I've wanted to make for years slated for that month.

But I also have given myself a very small budget for supplies this year. I am shooting to spend no more than $240, but hope to honestly come in at $200.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013 11:43:09 AM »

Whoa!  Look at all the people we've got!  Should be fun.

My main goal this year is to reduce my fabric stash by three drawers, and get my yarn supply down to two containers (one a laundry basket and one a rolly bin, so that's still a lot).  I was looking through my stash trying to get ready for this year, and realized that as much as I like having supplies on hand I'd really prefer the freedom to buy something for a nifty project right now instead of holding off because I feel a little overwhelmed by the stuff I already have.

Keeping track of the money I spend on supplies this year also seems like it will be a really helpful idea.  And it gives me an excuse to use one of the blank books from my horde.

rottenlittleboys I put two challenges for each month up this year so people could have more to choose from.  If a supply diet doesn't work for you, feel free to ignore those of us crazy enough to give it a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Transitions to an IDVD Slideshow
How to Make a Collage in Photoshop
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop
How to Create a Fade Effect in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...