A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 148210 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #960 on: May 10, 2013 12:17:39 PM »

Today I made underwear  Smiley I have quite a few jersey/stretchy fabric oddments and about 1000miles of black lingerie elastic so why not  Grin
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013 02:30:56 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #961 on: May 11, 2013 08:46:18 AM »

I am really busy, oh man. So I've had a quik peek through the pages I've been missing and as usual you kids have been busy too, lol. Too many things to comment on them all but I DID look at every picture.
Great undies, it's super fun to make under things for yourself, very satisfying for sure.

Ok, so our farm sit is nearly through so we'll be moving once again. To the cottage again this summer, the tent gets pitched for June and July. I'm pretty excited about that but it means no crafting, or very little, as we lose our space for all but sleeping and a few clothes. Ah well, I'm not going to complain about it because that would be crazy, I mean hello, I'm going to be living in a tent at the cottage, woo hoo!

Been busy in the meantime wrapping up old projects and busting stash. I've got 2 tshirt quilts on the go, one for each kid. A bit of mending here and there, some alterations, those are necessary but Dull! Yawn. And there are so many half finished projects hanging about, I seriously have to work on my follow through Tongue. I've got a pile of felted sweaters to transform into monsters and socks for sock creatures. And fleece, there's a pile of that. I'm not even going to talk about the scrap fabric stash...
Hopefully have some pictures for you soon, I promise to get shots of everything or you'll never believe me when I submit the ambitious list I'm mentally writing, ha!
Will check in with you guys when I can to see what you're up too. You are all such an inspiration to me! I couldn't do it without your fire girls, I really couldn't Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #962 on: May 11, 2013 11:26:29 AM »

More stashbusting panties, I used up the last of the daisy fabric, I only had to throw away a tiny scrap  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 11, 2013 07:48:22 PM »

K-starr  -- is it terrible to say that I'm lovin' your knickers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #964 on: May 12, 2013 02:16:25 AM »

jfer, love the Leia hat!

Kook, your summer skirt looks great! Even if it does have black. Smiley
Ooh, and i really love the lace t-shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Taramor
« Reply #965 on: May 12, 2013 03:01:30 AM »

Lovely undies - I ougth to do it more myself, the homemade are much nicer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #966 on: May 12, 2013 04:44:56 AM »

Hahaha Dulcet, I bet you say that to all the girls  Wink The next pair are sparkly and almost finished  Smiley

Changed things slightly for the next two pairs, I extended them to make them high waisted and added a thick lace waistband. The gold glitter ones I keep calling my "Diana Dors drawers"  Grin Grin Grin Diana Dors was the UK answer to Marilyn Monroe.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013 08:51:11 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 12, 2013 05:04:14 PM »

K-starr -- do you have a particular pattern for those?

I finally tried out the pineapple hat from Maria Merlino. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421590.0#axzz2T7r8OFUX  It doesn't take a lot of yarn, and just a bit over an hour to complete.

So I made a few for a fund-raising auction coming up this weekend.  I made one with smaller yarn and hook, but now I'm not sure what size to call it.  I'm going to have to accost a neighbor with a baby so I can figure out if it's newborn or toddler or what.   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #968 on: May 13, 2013 12:50:21 AM »

No pattern as such Dulcet, I made a template from a pair that fit me comfortably
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 13, 2013 03:30:28 AM »

loving all the things people are making but especially the knickers  Grin
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a DIY Facial
The Wildest Facial We Ever Tried
Leighton Meester Shares Her Favorite Beauty Products
How to Make a Yogurt Mask At Home
How to Do a Tuxedo Mani
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...