A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 150302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #890 on: April 18, 2013 09:18:33 AM »

A journal is a nice gift for people going on lifetime adventures!

carolmb--very very cute pincushions!  I especially love the vintage one...those fabrics are lovely and show off your quilting skills of putting together tiny pieces!  Also love the matching pins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Craftsunderground
« Reply #891 on: April 18, 2013 03:19:40 PM »

Craftylittlemonkey, I don't have an many vials as you, so I did glue a sample bead to the tops. However, I have others that I put on a spice rack. I attached the rack to the side of a bookcase. It holds a lot in a narrow space. You could mark the tops with a dot in the general color, so at least if you were looking for blue, you wouldn't have to pull out all of the other colors to check them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #892 on: April 20, 2013 12:40:59 PM »

You could mark the tops with a dot in the general color, so at least if you were looking for blue, you wouldn't have to pull out all of the other colors to check them.

D'oh, quit being so much more clever than me. It's embarrassing! I'll get out the sharpies and mark up those vials. That will make things easier for sure, thank you Wink

I love that journal, the embroidery is just perfect. Simple and interesting.
Oh pincushions... if I let myself have as many of them as I want I'd have a whole room full! Isn't each one a sweet little work of art on it's own? I adore those teensy wonders.

I've got another round of sweaters felted and ready to turn into monsters. A few have sold at the library and this week there's a half page article with colour photo in our wee local paper so maybe that will stir up even more interest.
Our landlords (friends, we're farm sitting for them) are coming to visit for a week at the end of the month so I've had to transfer the monster factory out of the livingroom again. Let me tell you, that's a big pain in the butt but awesome for sorting through stuff. So, a big load of things have gone off to the thrift store and some other odds and ends to friends and family and I'm ready to crush another couple bins of stash. Wish me luck! Stitching while they're here with their kid, cat and dog is not gonna happen so I've got just over a week to get at it all...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013 12:41:43 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
JessKelly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #893 on: April 21, 2013 11:34:25 PM »

: rottenlittleboys : Good point; I didn't have anything in mind when I was stitching but come to think of it, it may have been raining here at the time as well!
: carolmb : both of those pin cushions are nicely made, I particularly fancy the round one.
: craftylittlemonkey : the words "had to transfer the monster factory out of the livingroom again" are going to make me giggle now and again for the rest of my life  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #894 on: April 22, 2013 02:02:02 AM »

Thanks everyone, I had fun making the pincushions. It was a blast
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #895 on: April 22, 2013 05:56:55 AM »

ha ha CLM--you definitely had a monster factory... !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Taramor
« Reply #896 on: April 22, 2013 08:35:18 AM »

Some destashing:
A new cover for the blanket my DH likes the most.
and . Two table-runners, all from stash.
4 m lace, but I stil have a lot of that thread  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: April 23, 2013 11:04:19 AM »

Wow, awesome quilts! Beautiful work, so nice!

This is my toy box from childhood, it's been impossible to give up though it's very ratty and fairly useless. The other day there was a bit of a laundry room flood though and it got wet on one bit from water that was backing up a defunct toilet in that room, yuck! So I finally gave it the heave. But not before I cut out some of the fabric that was still in good shape and dry. LOL. I can't be helped. I am a helpless case.
Now I just have to figure out what to do with it...

I have a scar near my eye from the wooden arm rest on one of the chairs that matched that upholstery. My friend chucked me at it when I sat on her and wouldn't get up, lol. I deserved it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013 11:08:56 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Taramor
« Reply #898 on: April 23, 2013 01:22:26 PM »

I understand, you don't want to let it go - it is lovely! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 24, 2013 06:21:24 AM »

Taramor--you've sure been busy.  And well worth it.

CLM--I have the coffee table that gave me stitches when I was little, so I understand the sentiment!

In between using little bits of stash on ballet, I've finished one of my UFO's.  Kind of.  I had 15 cheap, plastic leis from various activities, and when one started to unravel I realized that they were ready-made plarn!  So with all this colorful stuff, I decided to crochet a rug for the weathered floor of the treehouse.

I wasn't too fond of working with the stuff.  It doesn't slide along the hook, so takes more manual manipulation and tired out my hand.  And after all that, this is what I ended up with.

See that shoe?  This rug is only about 8 x 36!  I would need about 40 more leis to make a decent size.  And that still wouldn't cover the floor.  I might still put it our there just because the kids knew I was making it and were excited.  And at least that's some stash used I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Killer Cat Eye
The Right Way to Apply and Wear Red Lipstick
Tips For Avoiding Dry Winter Skin
Top 6 Problem Solving Winter Beauty Products
Top Picks for Teeth Whiteners
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...