A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 159929 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #750 on: March 18, 2013 01:05:23 PM »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Well, I've worked out why my Juliana was waaay smaller than all the ones of Ravelry  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I measured 54cm along the curved edge instead of the straight edge uhuh yup,that would do it  Roll Eyes #2 is going to be much better *lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #751 on: March 18, 2013 01:07:21 PM »

oh no!! been there, done that...Cheesy  I am glad you figured it out as I am going to start it this week! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #752 on: March 18, 2013 01:32:53 PM »

Thought I'd share a pic before frogging commences!
I've already started #2 with a different red & I'll be adding a bit of pink as well as the orange  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #753 on: March 18, 2013 03:38:56 PM »

It's so beautiful!  I'm sorry you have to frog and start again.  but better a whole awesome shawl then a tiny triangle of uselessness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #754 on: March 20, 2013 07:23:47 AM »

Sorry to hear about your Juliana K-Starr. I had a similar problem with mine.  Undecided

craftylittlemonkey, it would seem those HUGE bags of fiberbill would stuff a couch, don't they?  Huh

I am half way through a skein of size 10 thread an aunt gifted me, making doll clothes and it looks like I may finish it off. Kind of funny since I never thought I would use it at all when she gave it to me.

I have been using up bits and pieces and for the first time in years, I am seeing a difference not only in my stash but in my house, my home. Everything seems a little lighter and it is so much easier for inspiration to come in.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2013 08:14:07 AM »

Julian #2 is coming along nicely  Smiley I've used an 8mm and a 5.5mm hook but I might have to go back and use a 6.5mm I will do a couple more rows of the mesh before I decide. I did extra sc rows before starting the mesh and made the sc section wider than the 54cm in the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 20, 2013 09:19:27 AM »

I have been using up bits and pieces and for the first time in years, I am seeing a difference not only in my stash but in my house, my home. Everything seems a little lighter and it is so much easier for inspiration to come in.  Smiley

This is so inspiring, and what I hope to achieve this year!  My boyfriend and I have been working hard to make our apartment "cleaning-neutral", doing upkeep and constant small tasks so that we don't waste my one day off a week doing large cleaning bouts.  But since I don't have enough space to craft in my craft area, whatever I'm working on gets spread all about and defeats those efforts. I can't wait until it seems like less of a cramfest in my little nook.

In stash-busting progress, I haven't bought anything since that auction at the end of January, which is definitely an accomplishment in my book, even though I haven't used up much.  I have a JoAnn's gift card that I've had since Christmas, which never would have lasted this long before.  I'm almost done with a skirt completely from stash that just needs hemmed, which is getting done one episode of Star Trek at a time...Hopefully I can share pics soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #757 on: March 20, 2013 12:18:20 PM »

A bit of destashing completed today  Smiley

A cover for my sewing chair,its just an old kitchen chair so I re-covered the seat and made a pillowcase type thing for the back out of fabric samples.

A bag for a 7 year old who keeps bugging her Auntie Angela for a bag like hers and a pincushion from a 4" fram and some scraps  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
cursive_queen
« Reply #758 on: March 20, 2013 12:49:56 PM »

I really like the pincushion frame, but I am definitely partial to that style frame in bright colors Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #759 on: March 20, 2013 12:51:07 PM »

love your destashing projects!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
StyleList-TrendReport-092514.Mov
Get the Look: Boyfriend Jeans from Day to Night
Twist on a Classic: Jeans and a Tee
Get the Look: Date Night Oufit 3 Ways
Get the Look: Maxi Dress From Day to Night
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...