A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 150257 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: January 24, 2013 10:10:12 AM »

RLB my vote goes for a dusting mitt as that's what I have plans for  Cheesy
Love the duck feet fleece socks  Grin I used to have a pattern for crocheted duck feet slippers but my hard drive died and I lost all my patterns  Sad

Belladune now THAT is some stash  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: January 24, 2013 10:12:16 AM »

And that's just the wool and fiber!  Never mind the fabric and beads and paper and doodads... Tough I will admit that stuff doesn't really need to be inventoried.  It's a infintesamal portion compared to that...

Bella!!  Your inventory is almost like a shop catalog!  Where do you store it all! ?

It's now all in my craft room, which has a small walk in closet ( which I requested when we reframed and properly insulated that room, tho now I'm wishing I would have asked for a bigger closet and sacrificed some floor space in the functional part of the room) most of it is in the closet.  There wasn't quite as much up here as I thought!  That was a happy thing, for sure.  Just a laundry baskets worth.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013 10:16:36 AM by Belladune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: January 24, 2013 10:59:34 AM »

And that's just the wool and fiber!  Never mind the fabric and beads and paper and doodads... Tough I will admit that stuff doesn't really need to be inventoried.  It's a infintesamal portion compared to that...

When people ask me if I spin, I feel panick, back up and state NO! I know what would happen to me. I would never find my way out of the fleeces again. I can understand why you have such a large stash. I bet working with your finished yarns is incredible.

Thanks AIMR. It is somehow so satisfying to keep our money. Cheesy

Kookaloo_Starr, I am online looking for a pattern right now. Even though I rarely follow patterns.  Roll Eyes  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2013 11:03:07 AM »

I bet working with your finished yarns is incredible

You know.... I think I've only done it once or twice.... I gift and sell it craft fairs more often then not.... :-/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2013 11:23:30 AM »

Kookaloo_Starr, I am online looking for a pattern right now. Even though I rarely follow patterns.  Roll Eyes  Wink

I haven't got that far yet  Cheesy In my head I'm seeing a mitt with lots of strips on the palm though so that is probably what I'll aim for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Ezri_B
« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2013 12:49:59 PM »

Love, love the cobweb catcher! How brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2013 01:09:25 PM »

So I'm jumping on the photos-of-truth bandwagon.  And I know the photos are dark, but it's the basement.  We all deal.  (I call it the disaster room in homage to the X-men's danger room.)

It's actually *mostly* organized.  I really just need to take care of all the piles and boxes that are on the floor.  Then I would actually be able to get to all the stuff under my sewing bench.  Like my boxes of fabric and patterns.

I do quick jobs right at the bench, standing up.  But when there's some serious action going on, I make myself wipe down the kitchen table and take the machines there.

My biggest organizational challenge is figuring out what to do with all the leftover stuff after I've finished a project.  Anybody have a system for dealing with that?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013 01:11:54 PM by dulcet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2013 01:17:11 PM »

Do you mean like fabric?  I have a plastic bag hanging above my machine for strings and yarn leftovers that I save for the birds each spring...I them sort any fabrics into bins: large enough scraps for small projects, scraps for Teesha moore style projects and size, scraps to be cut into quilt squares (I do 3-1/2, 2-1/2 and 1-1/2 inches), and finally, scraps so small that they can only be used for ATC or notecard making...I seriously throw nothing out except fabric dust! Cheesy

I do the same sort of thing with papers...only, they are marked "Solid Scraps", "Patterned Scraps", and "Images".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2013 01:43:39 PM »

Yeah, I mostly do apparel sewing (with some knit and crochet thrown in).  So I end up with moderate sized scraps, but they usually aren't big enough to use for more clothing.  I keep meaning to make some quilts out of the scraps, but half of them aren't the right type of fabric.  And as much as I would craft just for crafting sake, then I still end up with something that will just sit on a shelf taking up space with no purpose--just like my stash.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013 03:17:06 PM by dulcet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2013 05:09:07 PM »

People on etsy sell bags of their scraps. Or do you have friends who like to craft? You could offer them your scraps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Deadly Charm Book Announcement by Claudia Mair Burney
Novelist M.T. Anderson Talks About His Characters
Interview with American Subversive Author David Goodwillie
Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi: the Time of My Life
"The Lost Kings" Book Trailer - Short Version
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...