A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,037
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 147430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2013 01:09:04 PM »

Talk about destashing old stuff---anybody want to destash some old floppy disks? Cheesy  I work for a computer company and we have boxes and boxes of them!  I am destashing our offices and my house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2013 02:28:13 PM »

Last night while at a volunteer group meeting I was talking to a lady I know who has a lot of serious health issues and she was mentioning that their little trailer was hell to heat and she only had 2 small blankets.  I thought about how just the day before I had been wondering what I would do with a thick white duvet, cover it for a quilt? Probably never...take the filling out for pillows? I have a few space bags full of old pillow filler.  So I had stuffed a 13 gallon bag full of the duvet and threw it in the garage for future uses.  I told them to follow us home and I gave her the duvet and a small bag of inexpensive fuzzy socks I was thinking of making sock animals or rice bags with (even though I disliked the colors)
For me it was just really stash busting unneeded stuff, for her it was the first warm night she has had in 2 months she told me today.
Sometimes I hold on to stuff just to have it, time to be more honest with myself about whether an item will be used or whether it could do someone else more good that it is doing me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2013 02:31:45 PM »

That is the true spirit of craftster destashing..that just made my eyes well up, Trina...how thoughtful of you...wow, very humbling
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2013 02:40:24 PM »

I just added to my stash today. Dollar General had the last of their holiday items marked down to a quarter, and I picked up some things to repurpose. Oh well! When it's a quarter it doesn't count, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2013 03:04:23 PM »

Last night while at a volunteer group meeting I was talking to a lady I know who has a lot of serious health issues and she was mentioning that their little trailer was hell to heat and she only had 2 small blankets.  I thought about how just the day before I had been wondering what I would do with a thick white duvet, cover it for a quilt? Probably never...take the filling out for pillows? I have a few space bags full of old pillow filler.  So I had stuffed a 13 gallon bag full of the duvet and threw it in the garage for future uses.  I told them to follow us home and I gave her the duvet and a small bag of inexpensive fuzzy socks I was thinking of making sock animals or rice bags with (even though I disliked the colors)
For me it was just really stash busting unneeded stuff, for her it was the first warm night she has had in 2 months she told me today.
Sometimes I hold on to stuff just to have it, time to be more honest with myself about whether an item will be used or whether it could do someone else more good that it is doing me.

That brought a tear to my eye. Bless you T'rina that was so kind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2013 05:51:14 PM »

I just added to my stash today. Dollar General had the last of their holiday items marked down to a quarter, and I picked up some things to repurpose. Oh well! When it's a quarter it doesn't count, right?

I hope not because I hit that Dollar General sale today too. Picked up ornaments for a garland kittykill showed here a year or two ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2013 06:35:00 PM »

You are a great human being.  That was so kind of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2013 06:39:28 PM »

I'm going to take an inventory this afternoon.  I'd like to know what exactly I have and just where it's stored.  Mostly just the wool with fiber type and weight.  I bet I have more then enough fluff to spin for the entire year.

I started my inventory.  I got through 99% of the fibre in my craft room closet.  I'm starting to think I need help.  The shear volume and variety is a little overwhelming.  And to think I probably have 1/2 as much spread throughout the house... I'd better start spinning a heck of a lot more often because this is plain ridiculous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2013 05:14:14 AM »

I thought my Dad was going to have a heart attack when he found out I drilled holes in a record to make an earring holder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH
Aug ATC 3/0/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2013 06:48:28 AM »

oh--that is another great idea!  (and we won't mention it to your dad!) Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Origami Samurai Hat
How to Fold an Origami Ninja Star
How to Make an Origami Heart using a Dollar
How to Fold a 14 Piece Origami Star
How to Make a Square Origami Box
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...