A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143494 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: January 22, 2013 06:11:40 AM »

Llisaredd!!!!  You must feel so proud!  wow!  You can find everything you need to craft and sew!  I really love the idea of using a thin basket to hold office supplies at your desk in the keyboard drawer...also, all of the baskets are a good idea...I really love the ones hanging on the wall...(are they Longaberger baskets?)

And, I bet over at the 50 projects, your covered tins are entered into the January challenge for organizing, right!? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2013 08:02:04 AM »

That is a ton of work Lisaredd and you did an awesome job. I'm destashing my record collection sadly, but that will help with clutter. I got one side of the LR hutch cleared out the other day, and am working on the top, to clear the horizontal surfaces. Everytime I see something I have a place for, I pick it up and put it where it goes. It is slower for me as I'm tired so much.

Have a lady of freecycle that I am going to call and pick up some fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #292 on: January 22, 2013 09:48:16 AM »

What will you do with your records?  I know that there are collectors, but the money and work seems out of whack...so I am thinking of repurposing the covers only...I saw the cutest things made with the covers, like file folder dividers!  Some of the albums will go to friends and relatives (the younger generation who are now collecting them again!) ...hubs and I pretty much replaced all of our favorites with CD's, but every once in a while, I crank up the turntable to listen to The Doors or Pink Flloyd! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #293 on: January 22, 2013 10:04:02 AM »

All those in very good condition I'm selling, the condition of the covers also adds to their value. I have old vinyl without covers and dealers don't want these. I have a shelf built in my living room to display the albums, but mostly dottees and such displayed right now.

File folder dividers is a great idea, but I can't bear to use the covers in crafts. The scratched ones without covers yes, and I have about 30 or 40 of those to craft with. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Craftsunderground
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2013 10:40:11 AM »

llisaredd, I am so impressed with your craft space. It is especially nice that you have a comfortable chair to sit and read and visit Pinterest (I imagine.) Also, great that your desk is so organized. I have a rocking chair in my craft space, but every time I sit down in it, my cat comes over and tries to get in my lap. It is difficult to craft with a cat in your lap. I will have to try to trick her into sitting in one of those organizer tubs instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2013 10:59:22 AM »

I felt like a criminal when I made record bowls! I can't see records ever coming into my crafting again  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
lovesclutter

« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2013 11:13:54 AM »

Don't Kookie, if they are not playable, get some other enjoyment and remember the times.

I destashed some fabric and filler for a doll. Not much, but the entire doll will be stash as is most of my projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2013 11:53:33 AM »

I can't give up my 1964 Beatles album or my "Paint It Black" Rolling Stones...Cheesy

I still can play mine...they are in mint condition and I have my original turntables! Cheesy

Ohh---I need to make some record bowls and also a record purse...with some of the weird albums--maybe Karen Carpenter...or John Denver... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2013 12:42:58 PM »

I'm young enough that I don't feel bad about destroying records, and totally have record bowls on my list to make.  Embarrassed  I have some super scratched records that I got for like a quarter in college; I used the covers as decorations for my dorm.  I never plan on getting a turntable, and I'm pretty sure they won't play well any more, so I feel like it's legit reuse for something with no other function. 

Also, I really want to frolic in that walk in closet, and am super jealous of it.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: January 22, 2013 12:54:25 PM »

I'm currently destashing on a doll for Lovesclutter in the IYP swap  Wink so far I've used a little bit of fabric and some crochet thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fall’s Biggest Beauty Looks
Make Your Own Overnight Blemish Treatment
Jenny McCarthy Shares Fashion and Style Tips
DIY Lemon and Egg White Mask For Acne
Red Carpet Beauty Secrets Revealed
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...