A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 160757 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2013 05:00:37 PM »

Hey you can send your yarn to me. Smiley Seriously though, I've come to the conclusion today that I would be perfectly happy to have a room, full of beautiful fabric and pretty balls of yarn. So I could walk in and look at it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
lady4feet
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2013 06:19:46 PM »

Smeddley try working there!  Cheesy actually I think sometimes it helps because I get so tired of organizing and putting things up that I don't want to drag any of it home with me.

Well here is my first destash project. I vaguely remember cutting out the pattern a few years ago and I found it again while going through a box of fabric. I really wanted to make a Hermione doll (I had several accessories planed out in my head) but I didn't have any yarn that could work for her hair so I stuck with Harry.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2013 07:12:01 PM »

That Harry is so adorable!

I don't know if that would work on me... people said that would happen when I worked at a bakery, but, nope, still like doughnuts!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2013 07:39:24 PM »

Cute little Harry!  Sure destashed a lot... Wink

I have not been to Joann's in over a month...I am making a little dent in my kimono fabrics due to the sweat shop swap...

I found an old clothes hamper...two bags of polyfill fit perfectly into it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2013 01:27:39 AM »

My first disastrous attempt to hang the paint hanger with ribbon, 1 cupboard hook and staples at 3 am...took an hour before I gave up and began cutting it down (this pic is halfway through the cut down)

This lead to giving up, going back to bed and waking up in a horrible mood (that and other things lead to a melt down of epic proportions where the thought of burning every craft supply came to mind as I am feeling horribly overwhelmed)
Finally the DH calmed me down and made me just shut the door on it for a bit.  I scraped up $10 and my mom and I went to Michael's because in some weird logic getting more craft supplies made sense and it mellowed me out. 
Part of the stress has been the big 30 piece art project and feeling excited but stalled and trying to think of ways I can do it in time.  So what do we find for $0.25 each? 5"x5" stretched canvases with some fruit printed on them that will be perfect for altering.  Yes I bought 30 of them but in my defense they immediately were put away in the hall closet.
So this cheered me up enough to try again with the rack.
 I used 2 cupboard hooks spaced far enough to actually hook the bottom grid onto them then another cupboard hook above it with a ribbon to hold the outside grid up a pinch higher than the bottom grid so stuff would not fall out and a small ribbon stapled to the wall to hold the bottom grid flat to it so it doesn't push away from the wall.
The results!

These are my puffy paints, glitter paints, screen painting paints and a couple of mediums.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013 01:44:44 AM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Taramor
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2013 04:33:52 AM »

It sure look so pretty and organised now, Trina'. Too bad it gave you so much trouble. But I hope it was wort it!
'Cat on fire' - poor cat, Rotten'. I am such a bad person - I couldn't help laughing  Wink

I have heard about SCA, Scrappy - it sounds fascinating! I'm afraid it doesn't exist her in Denmark, or I would have loved to join. It is interessting your archer is an actual person. In your painting he has that weathered, 'outdoor' look, I could easy believe he had been living rough, as an outlaw. - I hope I am not impolite - you better not tell him, he might be affronted. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2013 06:45:19 AM »

We like ruggedly handsome outdoorsy archers... Cheesy

trina---I would paint more if I could see my paints like that!  I bet it does weight a lot...but you did it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2013 09:36:48 AM »

I have all the storage stuff ready to go in the art room and tons of stuff basically sorted in the front room and it seems so overwhelming so I am taking a page out of ufyh http://unfuckyourhabitat.tumblr.com/ and every time I pass through the front room to get to the back of the house (our room, art room and bathroom) I grab one or 2 things off of the sort table, take them in to the art room and put it where it goes.
This will work for about half of the stuff on the table and make space for further sorting and space to bag and box stuff up which will then go into the art room the exact same way.
Then I can bring in more stuff and begin sorting that.
Progress is a great cheerer upper lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2013 12:36:56 PM »

Smeddley, thanks and the cat is ok. I understand about the draw of JoAnns. I work there and as I was putting away fabric the other day, I spotted one of the fabrics I need for a specific project on SALE! Good sale, big deep sale that would end up being very cheap for me to buy now instead of waiting until next month.

I had the fabric cut up, petted the material for a while and then paid for it once we were closed. It wasnt until I was putting other bolts of fabric up that I kept thinking That fabric looks slightly different somehow. I nearly smacked myself when I found the original fabric I had been wanting to buy, one shelf away. Id bought the wrong fabric. My boss was very nice about it and offered to let me return the fabric, but I decided I was just going to have to suck it up.

Dont get me wrong, it is gorgeous fabric and I can still use this fabric, but now I have more stash instead of less. And since Ive given myself the challenge of spending no more than $15 per month, I am now at my limit and will not be able to buy anything more until February.  Roll Eyes Must be more conscious of limited funds.

Lady4feet, love the Harry doll! I recognized him before I could see the entire picture.

Oh and hello fellow J-Aer!

trinalocakary, those pictures on Pintrest lie.

Glad to see your project worked out great though.

I hope to have pictures of two aprons this after noon, both made from stash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2013 02:55:00 PM »

There is a Pinterest fail board right on Pinterest!..my sister and I laugh at all the fails because we have had plenty of Pinterest fails! Trina--you should post your picture! Cheesy

http://pinterest.com/pricecourtneyann/pinterest-fail-board/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013 02:55:32 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dramatic Reads: Chris Sebella
Dramatic Reads: Christopher Hastings
Dramatic Reads: Ryan North
Dramatic Reads: Thomas Zahler
Dramatic Reads: Mark Waid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...