A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 168049 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2013 11:53:12 AM »

Yes KStarr If I used the sky the entire thing would either be overcast, raining or sunshine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2013 12:08:30 PM »

I thought about doing one but it would be mostly grey with a couple of blue stripes mid summer  Roll Eyes we seem to have  permanent dark clouds here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2013 12:13:43 PM »

lol k-star--at least where I am, the skies change daily...I had three bright blue days and then, cloudy, greydays...lots of variety in the sky...but it is mostly a thread to relax and think about your day...we are all so hurried and want everything instantly...there is peace in slowing down and enjoying nature
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2013 12:23:10 PM »

Seeing all your crafting spaces is great, I wish I had more room!

I didn't really get to destash anything more, but the bookcase tops are gone and I got rid of two kids' chairs today that were sitting in the craft room (sold them).

And I fixed my camera! By myself. Maybe not completely professional, but it worked: I slammed it down on the desk and tugged on the lens thingy just this little bit harder than before, and it moved. (Just in time, when I had given up on it and was about to order a new one...)

Of course this means I can give you a slightly better view of the room (which is about 7 x 15 feet, I think):

Missing on the right would be a couple more feet of those shelves, also piled with (mostly) shoeboxes, right up to the ceiling. Which is about 13 feet high.

I think I'll be able to get rid of most of the green boxes on the left soon, the binders will have to go somewhere else, and I still want to go through the stash again and get rid of things I'm not interested in. And I can show you why I have to:

This is a corner of our living room today. This is where the stairs to the upper floor are going to be sometime in February. And the contents of about half of those big boxes will have to fit into the tiny little room. And there are still more, somewhere.

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2013 12:24:10 PM »

I do my sky gazing at night, love to lie in bed watching the stars and seeing the clouds scurrying past the moon  Grin Slowing down isn't my problem,mine is getting going in the first place  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2013 03:24:57 PM »

DH worked late last night so I spent the evening catching up on this thread since it was too hot to actually DO anything. So last night I dreamt (or should that be had nightmares?) about trying to organise my stash! I will post some pics of my stash once the light is a bit better. My problem is not really the volume (I thought I had a lot until I saw some of the pics in here and realised I am not alone in my hoard). My problem is that we are (still) renovating and have been living with our toddler in one half of the house for a year now. That's really just a lounge room, kitchen/dining and the bed and babies cot is in the games room. So I organised most of my stash and made a craft space in a tiny corner of the lounge room last year during the destash, but there's stuff spread out everywhere else in the piles of stuff we have that has no proper place yet because of the renos. Plus I have the same habit as someone else mentioned that I organise everything (well enough to make it kind of neat) and then because I do everything last minute it all gets put on top so its at least out of the reach of DS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Smeddley

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2013 04:58:14 PM »

I... bought fabric today.

In my defense, it was a specific fabric for a very specific project that someone requested and no other fabric in my stash would work, but still.  I feel like I need to finish those as quickly as possibly and hurry up and use an equal amount of stash to compensate (the project actually DOES use some stash fabric, but it's just the accent).

HOWEVER, all the yarn was 25% off and I managed not to walk out with any, so it's a minor victory.

I'm toying with the idea of taking stash pictures...  :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2013 05:10:47 PM »

I... bought fabric today.

In my defense, it was a specific fabric for a very specific project that someone requested and no other fabric in my stash would work, but still.  I feel like I need to finish those as quickly as possibly and hurry up and use an equal amount of stash to compensate (the project actually DOES use some stash fabric, but it's just the accent).

HOWEVER, all the yarn was 25% off and I managed not to walk out with any, so it's a minor victory.

You went to Joanne's today didn't you? Me too. In fact our circumstances are almost identical. I too bought fabric, but for specific projects that will also use stash fabric as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
jfer007
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2013 05:40:33 PM »

My first completed project of 2013: A shawl for one of my friends!

I used 2 1/2 skeins of yarn and I also "de-stashed" some of my Netflix queue. Hooray for multitasking!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2013 05:42:31 PM »

so here's the pictures of my stash that is in one area, there's still other random boxes of wrapping paper, old clothes to be cut up and piles of stuff that *could* be used for making something! *blush*

the top of my craft space, I have to move everything off to do stuff. The boxes on the right have my sewing patterns and theres a bunch of random stuff with no home.

this is under my sewing table. Yes its all in boxes, but a PIA to get anything out, there papercraft stuff, WIP box, clothing to be cut up, cross stitch supplies and my blue sewing box has random habby like velcro, elastic, safety pins, etc as well as other random stuff I can't throw away... You never know what you could use spare shower curtain hooks for!

this my temp storage cupboard, the drawers are semi organised at least at the front (i need somewhere to keep my scissors and rotary cutters) but the rest in just kind of thrown in. On top is bits and pieces with no home as well as a catch all surface. The cupboard itself was stuffed full but things haven't been put away so thats prob my first job is to at least put stuff away that HAS a home.

these boxes have my non-quilting fabrics and the basket has yet more bits and pieces

and this is our "extra" couch that I bought fabric to reupholster years ago which is currently more storage. I swear under all that stuff that I should put away when I finish making, is two more plastic tubs with quilting fabric and workable quilting scraps.

So as you can see, some of last years organisation remains, but i think my stash has grown Sad as well as me not putting things away. When DS goes for a sleep I will get a box and try and collect all the bits and pieces around and at least get them in one place!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Alexandra Transforms for Her Big Audition
Make Up For Ever Collaborates with 50 Shades of Grey
Expert Reveals Breakthrough Beauty Products
Beauty and the Blog: A/W Handbag Essentials
3 Easy Makeup Looks
Latest Blog Articles
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!
Which Came First?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...