A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1060 on: July 02, 2013 09:25:56 AM »

Hi gang!  I destashed by sending fabric to dulcet...ha ha ha ha! Awesome blanket---wow--from trousers?  Glad you were able to save the yo-yo blanket--it is lovely!!

Seriously, I received a huge box of fabric from a friend whose Mom passed recently...I am in the process of inventorying it to see what I realistically will use...I am tempted to cut up old clothing to gather the fabric, but I think I am going to put it out for collection instead...

Oh!! RED is my favorite color!!!  I am sure I can make a few red items from my stash!

gaudi--what a lovely blanket!!  oh--your mom is now in my home state of PA!  Will you be visiting her? We could meet up! Grin
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013 09:27:21 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #1061 on: July 03, 2013 11:03:34 AM »

I really like your blanket, Dulcet - the subdued colours are great. I love having that kind of blankets for picnics, playing and so on - they are durable and can take a lot of hard usage.
  I didn't quite get what you did with the yo-yo blanket, but it looks very good.

I have been destashing, too. I finished a blanket I've been working on since January. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424987#axzz2Y0RmBseu Everything, except the green and the purple gingham, are from stash, including the filling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1062 on: July 03, 2013 06:47:21 PM »

Dulcet, the yo-yo quilt looks terrific. I also very much like the blanket of trousers, but of course I would, ha! I don't like reading you say there is a shortage of people in your life appreciating things made of worn out clothes, that's ALL I use! Good grief, people had Better like that stuff or I'm in BIG trouble!

Belladune, how could you deprive us all of photos? Helllooooo, you'd think you were new to craftstering! LOL, girl!

Gaudiknight, this is an impressive afghan. It took me 3 years to finish the one and only I made. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to start another. Ever. That was one endless craft!

Always, I have parcels to send but you're in luck, not one for you in this bunch, ha ha! I am sure that you're full up with stash, I won't add to your mountain of supplies. This time... Cheesy

Taramor, I love those fabrics in your quilt, the elephants especially. Each little bit is like a wee treasure. That's what I love best about quilting Smiley.

We had to move everything suddenly, it was awful. The crafting stuff is in a terrible jumble of unlabelled boxes jammed into the front porch of our tiny cottage. We're away for a few days which is a blessing, it gives me time to fortify myself to pack and repack and get rid of and give away. Hopefully there will also be time to craft, I have so many projects on the go Tongue. I thought I had more time. I really needed it Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Taramor
« Reply #1063 on: July 04, 2013 05:59:33 AM »

Best wishes for you, CLM, moving is such a stressful time. I hope you'll have som time to relax and craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1064 on: July 04, 2013 06:31:21 AM »

Belladune, how could you deprive us all of photos? Helllooooo, you'd think you were new to craftstering! LOL, girl!

I promise pictures will come.  things are just so busy I keep forgetting to post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #1065 on: July 05, 2013 03:25:46 PM »

Greetings Everyone,

Oven Mitt from fabric own in a drawing on another thread. Loved what Alwaysinmyroom sent.

Here more about it here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425326.msg5061543#msg5061543

Thanks so much

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 05, 2013 03:53:00 PM »

Oooh, ooh! I've been doing everything but crafting lately, but the costume I want to try to make for GenCon from stash is red.  One more reason to hop on it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 08, 2013 05:20:06 PM »

Good luck CLM.  I would be terrified to move after being in our house for so long.

I have managed to clear about a cubic foot of space on my "sewing bench."  This included sorting my buttons and threading together the sets, a lot of mending which I normally avoid at all costs, and finishing these two projects--

Two Halloweens ago I started a prototype/muslin for my son's costume.  Halfway through I knew it wasn't what I wanted and stopped.  Today I finished it off.  This jacket is made totally from stash.  Of course I was determined to just get it done and usable, so I skipped putting in a zipper or any other type of closure.  But it has pockets, so who cares!

Also a couple years ago, I made this small quilt sandwich to practice free-motion quilting.  Couldn't just throw it away.  I decided that it would be the perfect size for a dolly blanket.  While looking for binding I realized that the 70's fold-over eyelet stuff I had from my hubby's grandma would be just the thing.  DD put it right to use.

I'm feeling pretty good.  And I have an offer.  I came across my daisy-loom while cleaning.  I tried it out when I first got it, but it's been sitting around for years now.  It's time to pass it along.  If anyone would like to have it, just PM me.

For those who wonder what a daisy-loom is--
http://crochetkitten.blogspot.com/2013/05/how-to-make-crazy-daisies.html
And I even have the pattern booklet for it from 1948.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: July 08, 2013 09:00:36 PM »

Okay, the stain and sand paper destash! Lot's of pictures here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425437.msg5062881#msg5062881

And the spoiler picture here:

My Lady by SpinHeartSpin, on Flickr

Really, it just progress pics and whatnot in the thread, but some of you might like to see Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1069 on: July 09, 2013 11:09:56 AM »

Gorgeous wheel!

dulcet--love the zipperless jacket...the pockets make it close able, right? Grin good use of a practice quilt as well...good idea, as a matter of fact...

carolmb--love what you did with the fabric you won!  Now I need me some new mitts!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Portrait: Stylist Donald McFarlane
Style Portrait: Student Amanda Jane Givens
Style Portrait: Fashion Blogger Peony Lim
Style Portrait: Blogger Angelica Ardasheva
The Cut Field Tests the Peplum Trend
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...