Just completed another bear "PJ". thought I would share the process of making one.
1. Find a pattern you like and photocopy it. Using the copy, cut the pieces out then glue them on to stiff card. the cut the pettern pieces from the card.. This make tracing the pattern on to the fur backing easier. Also allows the pattern to be used over and over.
2. trace the pattern pieces on to the fur backing making sure you follow the fur grain direction as shown by the arrows on the pattern pieces.
3. Once you have the pattern traced on to the fur backing, cut the pieces of fur out. Use a short sharp pair of scissors with a fine point. This way you can cut using short slices through just the backing and prevent cutting the fur fibres.
4. Pin the fur pieces together ready for sewing.
5. Machine sew the pinned pieces leaving section unsewn to allow for beads and stuffing.
6. Once the body parts are sewn it is time for the assembly using the jointing disks nuts and bolts. Tip: use disks of cheap felt the same size as the joint disks as washers to protect the fur backing were the joints come together.
6. Once the bear is assembled, you need to then stuff your bear, and hand sew the stuffing openings closed.
7. The finishing touches include nose and accesories (in this case a ribbon), a gentle grooming and naming. and your bear is finished.
Some tools of the trade
There is of course a lot more to it but that is the general run down. I will over the next month or so put together a full tutorial for posting here.
Be well.. I hope you like pj and would love some honest opinions of my work:)