A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Amis in 2013  (Read 5014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

misskohaku
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013 08:24:40 PM »

I'm definitely in! This will coincide nicely with my 50 projects in 2013 project! I want to make the patterns for and create the 13 dwarfs from The Hobbit, as well as Bilbo and Gandalf! I've never created an amigurumi pattern before, so this will be quite the project. Tongue Do you think this would also be the proper place for asking for help when creating my patterns?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013 06:11:41 AM »

Oooohh, I can't wait to see them!!!  I LOVE LotR!!!  And I really want to see the Hobbit.

And of course you could ask for help here. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
rockyhorrorsusiekat
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013 09:23:27 PM »

This is a spectacular idea.
I would love to join in, if that's alright?

I actually just recently joined so I could compile my list... I need the challenge to actually get stuff done this year!! :-)

13 Amigurumi for 2013:

1. A Kachina (preferably the Eagle Dancer)
2. A Story-teller cat doll (was supposed to be for my Mum's birthday gift... last year... based off of her favourite cat. Basically this will be a large cat-doll, with about 20 teeny baby cats sewn into the big cat's arms)
3. A large, glittery, dragon (for my fiance... another belated gift... based on his favourite Dungeons and Dragons character) complete with poseable tail, neck, arms, and legs
4. A large Kokopelli for my couch (made with black yarn, and bright blue for the embellishments on his... head-tentacles (hair?) and flute)
5. A medium-sized guinea pig doll to house the ashes of my guinea pig who passed away last year (tan coloured, with red eyes)
6. Lady Rainicorn from Adventure Time  Grin
7. An Arensbak Troll (I think this would be pretty cool to crochet... it could keep my other Trolls company too, I suppose ^_^)
8. I wouldn't mind finishing my Chinchilla doll (right now it has no arms or legs!! Eek!)
9. Egyptian gods/goddesses (as amigurumi dolls)
10. Fancy-tail guppies (!!)
11. A faerie (of some kind... gonna search through my Brian Froud books and pick one at random. I want it to be rather large, though, so it could perch on my bed)
12. A Gelfling (maybe both Gelflings from the Dark Crystal... seems odd to make one, but not the other)
13. E.T. (I saw a picture of one which was done REALLY well on the internet... so it's rather intimidating to select him as a final project... here's hoping I don't screw him up lol!!)

The cat story-teller doll should (-crosses fingers-) be started this week, and finished on the 19th or 20th for the Christmas (late Christmas...) party I'm having with my parents :-).

(Sorry if I misunderstood the point of this post... I thought we were posting lists, and sharing results... but the forum said we'd all do the same pattern.
Sorry if I screwed this up!! And please disreguard if I did ^_^)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013 09:30:34 PM by rockyhorrorsusiekat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013 05:17:51 AM »

Nope you got it right!! We're all doing our own patterns, but all doing amis.  I can't wait to see yours!!  You should post some pics of previous ones you've done too.  And of course, WELCOME TO CRAFTSTER!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
rockyhorrorsusiekat
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013 09:25:15 AM »

Yay!!

I'm really excited to start posting pictures, and "craft logs" of these projects!

Unfortunately, most everything I've done in the past has either been sold, or given away as gifts, so all I have in my "portfolio" is the little limbless Chinchilla, and a few failed projects lol.

I also have two orange Persian cats I did for a tribute to Crookshanks from the Harry Potter books, and those are destined for etsy as soon as I can cut some felt for the nose. Those were really fun to do!!

I love your patterns on Etsy, by the way!!
Gary the Snail is too adorable for words!! :-D

Thank you for the kind words and welcome!! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013 08:19:15 AM »

I've got my first three done, hoping to get a bit of inspiration for a fourth.  Anything that anyone would like a pattern for?  I just need to know what it is and hopefully a picture of it and I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for any suggestions Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013 09:34:00 AM »

We want to see pics of your finished ones thickheaded crochet guy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013 09:50:41 AM »

I edited the original post to include links to the pictures and patterns.  (Except the snail, his pattern is in the works right now)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013 11:08:19 AM »

OK, awesome!!  Thanks for sharing your patterns!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
SelenaMKI
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013 03:51:17 AM »

This sounds like fun.  I'd like to join you.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but I have been searching for ideas and patterns.  Here is what I have found so far: http://pinterest.com/selenamki/amigurumis-2013/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many crafts, such a big stash, so little time!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 5/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 1/10
How to Crochet a Jagged Chevron Part 4/5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...