A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Amis in 2013  (Read 5000 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 30, 2012 11:39:18 AM »

Anyone want to do a crochetalong for 13 amigurumis for the year??  I'm always making amis and would love to share with fellow crocheters!!   Grin

I don't know exactly what amis I'm going to make through the year and I know I'll be making waayyyyyy more than 13, so for me I'm going to do amis from my own patterns.  I'm not going to count the ones from other patterns cuz I'd be way over the count!! lol, You, however, could count whatever ones you want!!! 

Claim your spot and make your list!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012 11:42:48 AM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012 11:43:37 AM »

Melanies Ami List

1.  Bubbleguppies (+ finish writing up the pattern for them!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
madame marigold
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012 07:31:24 AM »

Wow..I would have never thought of this! I think I would like to try it....hmmm now what ami's to do? There are so many I wanna do!
let me see if I can figure out this new camera will BRB will a start of a list!  Embarrassed

Ok got a list....
1. Finish my Goddess amigurumi dolls
2. babuska nesting dolls.
3. a harry Potter one..
4. Of course a Twilight Edward
6 and his best buddy/opponent Jacob
7. A hopi warrior doll
8. A "Dont blink" angel
9. The Gundum boys~ (this one will be hard!)
(Need to figure oyt the last ones)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013 02:05:51 PM by madame marigold - Reason: adding more info » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmazingAlex
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012 03:45:47 PM »

I'd like to try this! I'm at school and have little time for crochet but this would keep me motivated. I'd probably do a mix of patterns from others and making my own. I don't know what I'd do for sure but I think I wanna try finding/making a pattern for a ninja turtle first! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an uber nerd that loves Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Supernatural, and Marvelverse (to name a few.)
Harry Potter Favorites Swap Is Live
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434138

I'm interested in personal swaps!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012 07:03:38 PM »

YAY!!! I'm so glad theres interest!!! 

Ninja turtles......well, I do know that an amazing craftster on here has a pattern for one, underthemountain has a pattern here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=209461.0 (I can never figure out that hyperlink thing!!)

I am currently working on a MLP swap and a Minecraft swap, maybe I'll  be able to share some amis from those soon.....maybe..... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
sparks
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013 12:46:31 PM »

This may just be the motivation to tackle some amis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghost_girl07
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013 01:13:02 PM »

May I join in? I don't have a great deal of time, but would really like to try this. Will begin compiling a list. x Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013 02:04:15 PM »

Of course!!! The more the better!!  I've almost got a couple of amis done, but they're for a swap, so no pics......yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013 03:53:25 PM »

I'd be interested in trying, but maybe 13 patterns written in '13

1.Jake the dog (adventure time)  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418589.0
2.Gunter the penguin (adventure time) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418647.0
3.The snail (adventure time) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418838.0
4.Yoda (done as a favor to a friend, so will stay one of a kind. no pattern) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419771.0
5.Duck http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421612.0#axzz2NnrpTQTx
6.Dragon Quest slime http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422996.0#axzz2RI6OTnLh
7.Zombie Hello Kitty http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=423422.0#axzz2SbOI7n6b

Here's a more detailed pattern for a ninja turtle by the way.  http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2011/03/tmnt-michaelangelo.html
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013 03:01:03 PM by Thickheaded crochet guy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013 06:53:53 PM »

I saw your Jake earlier today, great job!!  Can't wait to see what else you make.  And oh ya!! I forgot about that TMNT, wolf dreamer makes awesome patterns, thats a great link for all amigurumi makers to keep!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
misskohaku
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013 08:24:40 PM »

I'm definitely in! This will coincide nicely with my 50 projects in 2013 project! I want to make the patterns for and create the 13 dwarfs from The Hobbit, as well as Bilbo and Gandalf! I've never created an amigurumi pattern before, so this will be quite the project. Tongue Do you think this would also be the proper place for asking for help when creating my patterns?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013 06:11:41 AM »

Oooohh, I can't wait to see them!!!  I LOVE LotR!!!  And I really want to see the Hobbit.

And of course you could ask for help here. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
rockyhorrorsusiekat
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013 09:23:27 PM »

This is a spectacular idea.
I would love to join in, if that's alright?

I actually just recently joined so I could compile my list... I need the challenge to actually get stuff done this year!! :-)

13 Amigurumi for 2013:

1. A Kachina (preferably the Eagle Dancer)
2. A Story-teller cat doll (was supposed to be for my Mum's birthday gift... last year... based off of her favourite cat. Basically this will be a large cat-doll, with about 20 teeny baby cats sewn into the big cat's arms)
3. A large, glittery, dragon (for my fiance... another belated gift... based on his favourite Dungeons and Dragons character) complete with poseable tail, neck, arms, and legs
4. A large Kokopelli for my couch (made with black yarn, and bright blue for the embellishments on his... head-tentacles (hair?) and flute)
5. A medium-sized guinea pig doll to house the ashes of my guinea pig who passed away last year (tan coloured, with red eyes)
6. Lady Rainicorn from Adventure Time  Grin
7. An Arensbak Troll (I think this would be pretty cool to crochet... it could keep my other Trolls company too, I suppose ^_^)
8. I wouldn't mind finishing my Chinchilla doll (right now it has no arms or legs!! Eek!)
9. Egyptian gods/goddesses (as amigurumi dolls)
10. Fancy-tail guppies (!!)
11. A faerie (of some kind... gonna search through my Brian Froud books and pick one at random. I want it to be rather large, though, so it could perch on my bed)
12. A Gelfling (maybe both Gelflings from the Dark Crystal... seems odd to make one, but not the other)
13. E.T. (I saw a picture of one which was done REALLY well on the internet... so it's rather intimidating to select him as a final project... here's hoping I don't screw him up lol!!)

The cat story-teller doll should (-crosses fingers-) be started this week, and finished on the 19th or 20th for the Christmas (late Christmas...) party I'm having with my parents :-).

(Sorry if I misunderstood the point of this post... I thought we were posting lists, and sharing results... but the forum said we'd all do the same pattern.
Sorry if I screwed this up!! And please disreguard if I did ^_^)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013 09:30:34 PM by rockyhorrorsusiekat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013 05:17:51 AM »

Nope you got it right!! We're all doing our own patterns, but all doing amis.  I can't wait to see yours!!  You should post some pics of previous ones you've done too.  And of course, WELCOME TO CRAFTSTER!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
rockyhorrorsusiekat
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013 09:25:15 AM »

Yay!!

I'm really excited to start posting pictures, and "craft logs" of these projects!

Unfortunately, most everything I've done in the past has either been sold, or given away as gifts, so all I have in my "portfolio" is the little limbless Chinchilla, and a few failed projects lol.

I also have two orange Persian cats I did for a tribute to Crookshanks from the Harry Potter books, and those are destined for etsy as soon as I can cut some felt for the nose. Those were really fun to do!!

I love your patterns on Etsy, by the way!!
Gary the Snail is too adorable for words!! :-D

Thank you for the kind words and welcome!! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013 08:19:15 AM »

I've got my first three done, hoping to get a bit of inspiration for a fourth.  Anything that anyone would like a pattern for?  I just need to know what it is and hopefully a picture of it and I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for any suggestions Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013 09:34:00 AM »

We want to see pics of your finished ones thickheaded crochet guy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013 09:50:41 AM »

I edited the original post to include links to the pictures and patterns.  (Except the snail, his pattern is in the works right now)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013 11:08:19 AM »

OK, awesome!!  Thanks for sharing your patterns!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
SelenaMKI
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013 03:51:17 AM »

This sounds like fun.  I'd like to join you.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but I have been searching for ideas and patterns.  Here is what I have found so far: http://pinterest.com/selenamki/amigurumis-2013/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many crafts, such a big stash, so little time!
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013 09:24:04 AM »

This sounds like fun.  I'd like to join you.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but I have been searching for ideas and patterns.  Here is what I have found so far: http://pinterest.com/selenamki/amigurumis-2013/

If you are looking for inspiration and free patterns there are lots on http://greatamigurumi.blogspot.com/  the categories on the side keep everything organized and tidy.  Happy to have another ami maker out there and good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013 10:18:50 AM »

I love that you've made a pinterest board for ami inspiration!!!  Welcome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013 05:55:29 PM »

Well, Valentines is just under a month away, so I thought maybe some of you would like to do some cute Valentines amis, so I've rounded up a few free patterns!!

Corazoncitos
Pop Heart
Love Bunnies
Love Bug
Val the L'il Valentine Squirmer mature  Wink
Hearts
Valentine Teddy
Valentine Monster
Love Birds

Hope you like some of them!!  I thought they were cute.  Found them all on ravelry.  If you have some ideas, please add them!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013 08:22:43 PM »

I just saw this pattern on Ravelry.  Its adorable!!!  However, its in Spanish (I think  Wink ), but it was too cute to not share!!!

http://www.tejiendoperu.com/amigurumi/bhos-corazn/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
SelenaMKI
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013 08:06:25 PM »

If you are looking for inspiration and free patterns there are lots on http://greatamigurumi.blogspot.com/  the categories on the side keep everything organized and tidy.  Happy to have another ami maker out there and good luck Smiley
[/quote]

I'd LOVE to get a copy of the Dragon Trilogie - Ragnark pattern, but Amigurumi Artist isn't making it available anymore on her blog or Ravelry.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many crafts, such a big stash, so little time!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013 08:12:40 PM »

I just looked it up, that is an amazing pattern.  A few people have commented that they have emailed her to get the pattern, maybe you could try that??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013 12:27:33 PM »

1. EagleBones FalconHawk for my son's 4th birthday
2. Octopus for a friend's daughter's birthday
3. Finish the unicorn I started for my niece before she stops liking unicorns
4. Perry the platypus for MIL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helcura

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013 12:39:51 AM »

I've wanted to try making amigurumis, and this is a great incentive, so I'm in.  I'll probably do really simple ones, since I've never done any, so suggestions are welcome.

1. Instant Crochetfication's owlets
2. Puchitomato's roly poly cats
3. Caroline's birds from Marlo's crochet corner
4. Ravelry's Totoro
5. Jaimai's Blue Donkey
6. Cogaroo's mini Om Nom
7. Menwy's Booba
8. Owlishly's Sleepy Sarah
13. Redheart's Gnomes - maybe (they look really hard)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013 01:50:10 AM by Helcura » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013 01:26:58 PM »

Well, I got one of my amis done!!!  Actually, I've done quite a few, but only one that I've also written up the pattern.  I just made 2 for a swap that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!  I can't wait to show them off!!  Anyone working on anything for Easter??  I'll have to go on Ravelry and see what freebies I can come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Greys Princess
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013 07:48:42 PM »

Sounds like fun! I'll try to keep up with things enough to post all 13 projects by the end of the year!

1. Fluttershy for Ravelry swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilyla19
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013 12:57:27 AM »

I'm not sure if I am going to make 13 amis... << is being lazy.

Tongue

But I just finished one..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013 06:37:13 AM »

5 done, hoping to finish another in the next week or so.  Haven't been working on amis much because of my afghan project.  If anyone is interested in a small spring ami I just finished a duck project.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421612.0#axzz2NnrpTQTx  Hope it isn't too confusing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013 08:05:47 AM »

I've made a few, but most have been from others patterns.  Anyone make anything for St Pattys??  I did manage to finish up my Deema pattern though, just have to get some pics posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Helcura

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013 01:37:37 AM »

Finished my first amigurumi.  It took longer to make than the pattern said it would, but no surprise since I've mostly only made baby blankets before now.  I thought I might try a couple more in different colors.

I was thinking of Puchitomato's roly poly cats as a next logical step, but if anyone has other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013 05:24:43 AM »

Hes adorable!!  Awesome job!!

As for another pattern, well, seeing as its almost Easter, how about a bunny?  Heres some that look pretty easy
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-bunny-egg-cozy
http://tamiesnow.typepad.com/roxycraft/2009/04/free-pattern-amigurumi-easter-bunny-bunny-boo.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Helcura

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013 08:00:50 PM »

Oh, those are both cute.  I definitely think I'll try one.

Thanks!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LollyPopRage
Happy Homemaker

I love to cook, crochet, and spoil my hubby <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013 06:25:32 PM »

Oh, may I join this? Would help push me into doing more amis, been a long time since I've done them. Hm..Not sure of a list yet, looking through sooo many patterns! -think- Definitely animals, I've been working on a little doll of sorts too, since last year but hadn't finished her because of a move. Would she count towards that? If not that's fine, I am certain it won't be too hard to figure out 13 lil precious things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for something to keep me busy.
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013 06:56:10 PM »

For sure she'll count!! Can't wait to see your list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
LollyPopRage
Happy Homemaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013 07:12:34 AM »

Yay! Thank you very much, she'll be happy to hear that whenever I get her finished up ^_^ Hm, as for my list, here's what I know I want to make, so I'll go ahead and toss my list up here and update with photos of my work as I get around to building.
     ~Project Name~ / ~Pattern Link~ / ~Progress~
1. Unicorn Girl Doll / Personal Pattern, must test before releasing / design snag, WIP for now
2. Chocobo / Craftster Pattern / Yarn Chosen, started
3. Guinea Pig (Pattern says hamster but it'll do) / Ravelry / Not Started
4. Parakeet / Pattern in German&English / Not Started
5. PeaShooter / Blog Pattern / Not Started
6. Kawaii Dragon / Tumblr / Not Started
7. Creeper / Blog / Not Started
8. 12" Bunny / Blog / Not Started
9. Snoopy / Blog / Not Started
10. Radioactive Bunny / Ravelry / Finished
I couldn't fill the whole list, some I just wasn't sure and wanted to leave some spots open in case new patterns I just had to try popped up while I made the others. Heh I like to keep things organized, plus will help should I forget what I was going to do or which pattern to use, since I rarely try and make up my own patterns due to having to frog so many! Also in case anyone else wants to try them out too. I'll update as I work and whatnot.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013 04:31:21 PM by LollyPopRage » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013 07:05:12 AM »

Now, technically I have only made one ami of my own pattern, BUT I have made a few of others patterns that I thought I would share.  They don't count towards my final count though.
Pinkie Pie

Big MacIntosh

Shining Armour

Alice and White Rabbit, this one was my own pattern, but I didn't write anything down  Roll Eyes

I really like how they turned out.

I also made a creeper and I'm sure other amis that I just forgot to take pics of.  All of these were made for swaps. 

Anyone else got some more pics to share??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
LollyPopRage
Happy Homemaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013 12:51:11 PM »

Those are adorable! I especially love pinky pie <3 I'll surely have something to post before long. Took a "break" ended up spending 3 days playing sims x_x

Oh oh oh I finished something.

I call him "Mr.Radioactive" because it suits him and I was listening to Radioactive by Imagine Dragons while I was finishing him up.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013 04:39:02 PM by LollyPopRage - Reason: Added Pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013 03:03:14 PM »

This one was too much fun not to put an extra picture on here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lewis Gordon Pugh Talks About Achieving the Impossible
Susan RoAne Reveals Her Motto
Blank Confession Book Trailer Part 3
Bert Fink Talks About The Sound of Music Pop-Up Book
Alan Snow Talks About Here Be Monsters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...