A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Connecticut yarn stores  (Read 17919 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftsyFattie
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007 08:25:54 AM »

thats the problem w/ ct, you have to live in expensive places to get yarn.

In CT, you have to live in expensive places to get everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007 08:34:51 AM »

thats the problem w/ ct, you have to live in expensive places to get yarn.

amen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heyiknowthatgirl
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007 01:00:59 PM »

there's a really great little yarn shop up by me. it's right off of route 6 in chaplin (windham county) called 'yarns with a twist.' it's owned by a super sweet woman named sandee. my mom and i go there frequently. there's yarn there for everyone--no matter what your budget is. some of the hand spun she carries is just gorgeous! i love checking it out every time i'm there, even if it's out of my price range!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Give us eyes like children so we live each day as our first
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007 06:40:34 PM »

Amen, indeed.

There's also The Needlework Shoppe in Westport (1 Wilton Rd., corner of Rte 1 and 33).  (203) 227-8098.  I've only been there once... but they have needlepoint and a (limited) cross stitch selection as well as lots and lots of yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irishelf
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007 07:39:51 PM »

Im in south western CT. Selmas is the only place I have gone to. Im in the Brookfield/Danbury area, and I cannot find any great places to get good yarn.
Ive only been knitting for a very very short time, but Im addicted, so I went to go look for some "fancy" yarn.
I went to the generic Micheals and Ragshop in town and their selection is alright, then there is the Fabric tree by Danbury Fair Mall, they have a large yarn section in the back, but they didnt have anything I was looking for. what they did have was good quality, but very expensive. lots of handmade and hand dyed stuff! it was so pretty o_o

There's actually a really nice yarn shop in Bethel, it's on Greenwood Ave, right across the street from the Bethel Cinema. The women who run it are so nice and helpful.  It's called a Stitch in Time, I think the actual address is in the original post for this thread.
There's also the Village Sheep in New Milford, I've never been but have heard good things and they have a pretty website.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007 08:31:34 AM »

i went to the village sheep - nice store, rather largeish, but when i was there there was a lady that asked help from the owner and the lady didn't know how to knit, but yet the owner directed her towards rowan Big yarn (expensive!!) and rowan books. That is when i lost my respect for her.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007 08:17:23 AM by ibunnysavetroy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2007 03:45:11 PM »

There's actually a really nice yarn shop in Bethel, it's on Greenwood Ave, right across the street from the Bethel Cinema. The women who run it are so nice and helpful.  It's called a Stitch in Time, I think the actual address is in the original post for this thread.

That's where I used to shop when I lived in the area.  One thing I liked about that store is that they had supplies for a wide range of crafts, including needlepoint, cross stitch, knitting, crochet, etc.  I also found the owner and staff to be very helpful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squid_ink

what is it about squid that octopis our mind so?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007 12:52:48 PM »

has anyone been to this place?

ENCHANTING YARNS. 25 N MAIN ST. KENT, CT 06757 (860)927-5241.

I'm still working thru a big box of yarn I got from my mom and from a garage sale.. but someday I'll buy something new ^_^

the village sheep in NM is a little too scary and pricey for me, not too friendly to a n00b...  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when nuclear dust has extinguished their betters
will turtles surviving wear people neck sweaters?
irishelf
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007 10:17:44 PM »

I'm going to be starting at UConn's law school in a few months, so I'll be moving to the Hartford/W Hartford area.  Can anyone recommend a good LYS in this area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007 10:06:22 AM »

west hartford has a relatively small LYS called sitnknit. Its in a relatively ritzy part, but doesn't seem TOO expensive, as far as LYS go. I went there.. three weeks ago?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3D-Printed Makeup Is Ready To Transform Your Beauty Routine
The Latest Eye Makeup and Eyewear Trends
Spray Tanning Stars
How to Get Full Brows
Custom Velvet Eyelashes at the Douglas Hannant FW 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...