A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
317 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS rounds 90-92 Discussion thread :D  (Read 29214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lo{ve}
« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2013 02:36:30 PM »

Ugh, the next time I decide I want to push myself and make a plushie (no matter how simple) I want someone to smack me. I've been working on this plushie almost all day and it's just now starting to sort of look like the link on my partners list... kind of. Ugh, I'm taking a break and letting my head clear before I start working on the the next part.

Hehe - so glad I'm not the only one who has those moments!  At one point I thought those bent forks were going to be the end of me!!  Had to walk away and come back to them a couple of times.  Right now it's a rivet problem - how the heck can I be frustrated by something as simple as rivets?   Undecided

you were so brave tackling those forks, and they came out BETTER than i expected! i still need to get pictures up, ill work on that tonight, but i am still in awe!! thanks again for going into fork battle for me Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2013 05:32:23 PM »

It's so nice to hear that I'm not the only one that plush type crafts trip up Smiley But I'm about to dive back into working on him. Since I've finished everything else for this swap it's the only thing I can work on Tongue lol.
As for those forks... I just tried bending one of the forks I picked up from goodwill for crafts down the road, thinking it didn't look to hard to bend... What. The. Heck. Do they make forks out of adamanitium now and no one told me??? I now have respect for anyone who can bend a fork into anything useful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2013 06:09:44 PM »

This fork talk is funny, because I remember a set of forks/spoons/knives I used to have that would bend if you tried to eat pudding with them!  Now I wish I had saved them for crafty projects.

I just finished my second teesha moore patch for babalina58.  I am obsessed with these things after making just two.  I'm not saying they're prefect, but as I understand it that's kind of the point.  They are quite primitive and quite wonderful and I must start my own collection immediately.  The next time I claim, these patches will definitely be on my wish list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2013 06:22:38 AM »

It's so nice to hear that I'm not the only one that plush type crafts trip up Smiley But I'm about to dive back into working on him. Since I've finished everything else for this swap it's the only thing I can work on Tongue lol.
As for those forks... I just tried bending one of the forks I picked up from goodwill for crafts down the road, thinking it didn't look to hard to bend... What. The. Heck. Do they make forks out of adamanitium now and no one told me??? I now have respect for anyone who can bend a fork into anything useful.

ooh, a wolverine fan!  love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2013 05:45:16 PM »

This fork talk is funny, because I remember a set of forks/spoons/knives I used to have that would bend if you tried to eat pudding with them!  Now I wish I had saved them for crafty projects.

Oh ya, I have bent so many spoons and forks as a kid.  "No mom, I wont use them to scoop ice cream anymore!"  ha ha!

I just tried bending one of the forks I picked up from goodwill for crafts down the road, thinking it didn't look to hard to bend... What. The. Heck. Do they make forks out of adamanitium now and no one told me???

I know, as I mentioned above-I use to bend all our forks and spoons scooping ice cream as a kid.  Now days though-geeze!  I cant bend one to save my life!  Making them out of adamanitium, ya I think so too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2013 07:58:24 AM »

My husband has been watching me make things for craftster for almost a year now and he is a stay at home daddy and mentioned that he needed a hobby. So I bought an anvil, hammer and some metal for him to start doing something with it. (I figured it was a manly enough type craft.)  Well, he made 2 shawl pins, 4 curtain ties, 2 rings and a few random shapes so far... maybe I will see if he can bend spoons and forks, I know I can't!

Whenever I try to make a plushie, it always ends up all whopperjawed. I made a lopsided robot for one of my daughters and I need to make another one, but just can't bring myself to do it. I also bought a pattern to make a TARDIS plushie, but once again... I just know it will end bad.  Undecided

I can't believe I've been on craftster for almost a year and I have never joined this swap!  It's too much fun.  I am excited about how my crafts are turning out and I cannot wait to get started on what I claimed today!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #316 on: March 20, 2013 08:23:13 AM »

My two claims from this round have been mailed. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #317 on: March 20, 2013 08:32:59 AM »

Deathbeforedishes -- yay for getting your hubby involved in crafty stuff!  Don't give up on sewing stuffies!  Every sewing experience is good for what ails you (my opinion -- knitting does the same thing for me!) and you always learn something new!  My experience with stuffies is 1) stuffing is the most important part and 2) you can fix a lot of stuff with a needle and matching thread from the outside!  Cheesy  Keep stitching!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013 08:51:10 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #318 on: March 20, 2013 08:36:35 AM »

Hehe, maybe it's the ice cream that's the super strong stuff--I mean it's the stuff bending the spoons, right?  Smiley

deathbeforedishes, practice makes perfect and it's great practicing on little ones...they don't see all the imperfections, just the love that went into making it.  Smiley

mailed off my claims yeah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katpac
« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2013 10:17:17 AM »

Between state testing, crazy freshmen, and end of term at work, migraines and other quasi-medical problems, and a 3 year old who is suddenly idolizing and copying the rudest, nastiest, most disrespectful boy in her class my life has sucked.  I have gamemom's ornament done and boxed but can't seem to get it to the post office.  I walked out of the house without it again today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Exercise in Wallpaper: Why the Eye Likes Patterns
Chandelier Casts Tree Shadows on Wall
Hudson Yards Exhibition Space Design
How to Decorate Outdoor Rooms
How to Set Up Your Patio For Spring
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...