A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
795 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS rounds 90-92 Discussion thread :D  (Read 28039 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2013 06:58:38 AM »

Averia, I'm so sorry you're mother isn't doing well.  My best friend had the swelling in her left arm after her breast cancer treatment and it was terrible for her.   It's wonderful that you're making room for her but I know the work involved has to be overwhelming.  We will probably need to move my mom in with us within the next five years or so and it seems every decision we make in the house now leads us to "will that work for when mama comes?".  I wish I was close enough to help you out (I could paint walls anyway).  I'm realizing more and more how incredibly lucky we've been with my husband.  He's had almost no side effects from his treatments other than swallowing issues and burning when he eats, not things that change life in a big way at all. 

Thanks everyone for sharing my joy over my wonderful little vintage find! 

On an OWS note (to keep it legal Grin), I've decided to totally revamp my list the next time I make a claim.  I think I've had some of the same things on there for so long and it's time to change it up a bit. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2013 07:04:55 AM »

Gah, I'm sorry to hear that your mom is having all these issues Ave.  I feel bad because I am here, but just too crazy busy to help you.  Lana's schedule is always hectic now moreso with chorus and we're over here fretting over the impending furloughs.  I'm trying to do more craft fairs (and less swapping) to make/save $$ and time is another thing that I don't have much of.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
spikefan

« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2013 10:42:23 AM »

Averia, sorry to hear that your mother isn't doing well.

I'm attempting to resist claiming for a while also. I've got some housework that has been neglected and some crafty things that I need to get done for myself. I've got the materials to make everything but need to find the motivation and inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2013 08:57:28 AM »

I couldn't resist claiming katpac because she had the penny necklace on her Pinterest and wanted rubber stamps.  It will be a short, fun project and I am sending along supplies I already have on hand--so fun and quick!!!  Smiley  Now to find the pennies...

I am destashing craft books that I have been neglecting...is there anyone here that likes Japanese doll making books, crosstitch, etc.  If so please PM me and I can claim you for a box of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Cerebral Atrophy
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2013 03:51:02 PM »

Hello all, I am the newbie here! Smiley My name is Amanda, I live in TX. I am 22 years old. I am pretty nerdy, and i enjoy nerding out all the time. My weapon of choice is sewing. I love sewing! Smiley I have been doing it since I was 12, when I helped my aunt make my Kenshin consume for an anime con. Uhm... I currently have a college student job and wash cars, it is pretty glorious! XD I suppose that is it..OH! I am a new vegan, it has been such a great journey thus far. Smiley That's pretty much me in a nutshell Smiley I am really excited about this swap, it seems really fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am willing to do personal swappage!! Smiley

Currently Swapping in:
Superhero Swap- Plotting!
Mini top hat swap- Plotting!
Ren fest swap- Waiting for partners!
Shana82
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2013 05:06:48 PM »

Finished up texscrapper's hoopla today - I am going to try and get it out in the mail tomorrow. I am on a small pause on claiming while I get the two hoops finished for my other swap, but then I will be back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2013 05:09:51 PM »

Welcome Cerebral Atrophy! Glad to see you here - this is an awesome swap with LOTS of talented ladies!

YAY Shana - I'm so excited to receive this! I'm planning on giving it to my hubby Matt for our anniversary Smiley
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013 05:12:04 PM by texscrapper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
gamemom42

« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2013 05:41:19 PM »

Cerebral Atrophy:  We're happy to have you in the OWS!  I've dabbled with going full vegan for a long long time.  I'm probably about 90% of the way and who knows if I'll ever make it all the way, but I sure do feel better.   

Okay ladies, tell me this.  Would you or would you not expect the Halloween fabric at JoAnn to be on clearance in February?  Yeah, me too!  There was a sign saying it was 60% off so I picked six prints and took them to the counter.  I was told the six I chose were not on sale at all!  Come on, it's Februrary for goodness sakes.  I showed the lady the sign and , are you ready for this?, she said the sale was on the spooky prints only, not the fun prints and that all of my choices were considered fun prints.  Oh, I was so annoyed!  The St. Patricks day fabric was 40% off, and that is the current holiday!  Tell me that any of that made sense.  It seems everytime I shop there something ridiculous like that happens.  Okay, I'm finished with my ranting vent now... thanks for listening ..errr... reading.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2013 05:41:35 PM »

Welcome Cerebral Atrophy!  And thank you so much for claiming me!  Lana is going to be so thrilled with her katsuma hoodie!!  Smiley  

Grr, that doesn't seem right Gamemom. Halloween fabrics in Feb?  You think they'd be giving it away at this point.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013 05:43:04 PM by underthemountain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live aloha
texscrapper

« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2013 05:55:46 PM »

That has happened to me before too gamemom - the cutting clerk told me per start buying now to get ready for Halloween. Those are some organized craftsters. I'm more of a procrastinator myself Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Steps to a Fishtail Braid
Tips & Tricks to Mastering Sleek Hair
Get a Perfect Bun in 5 Minutes Flat
How to Get Perfectly Smooth Tresses
Create a Perfectly Polished Pony
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...