A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS rounds 90-92 Discussion thread :D  (Read 29222 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2013 05:15:31 AM »

Hooray for 10 more inches tonight... Transfer to Cape Cod they say, You will love it they say, It never snows on the upper cape they say.. DELUSIONAL I SAY!!!! But ha, I have to finish Gamemom's bee art today and get in the mail to her Cheesy I finally got the bee mag in I ordered and will finish in a few hours Cheesy LOVE old mags for fun scrappy art!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2013 06:04:09 AM »

More snow?  Gah!  They are calling for possible flurries with no accumulation this morning here and that's enough for me to declare it a pajama day.  I just don't think I could make it in a place where winter actually means winter weather.

I'm so excited about my bee art!  I know exactly where it's going to hang (at least I think I know). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2013 08:27:02 AM »

More snow?!  Ugh, Im so glad we moved out of a winter weather state last year.  I hate being in the cold and trapped by ice and snoe.  Just hearing about you having snow depresses me. 

Anyways, on a crafting note-I still havent made any more claims.  We're on a tight budget but, Im staring at babalinas pinterest and see so many amigurumis on alanas board that I would love to make for her and I have the yarn already-so all i would have to pay for is shipping.  And amigurumi is light-it would cost much......Okay, if no one claims babalina by this evening I will make just one more claim.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
spikefan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2013 02:11:50 PM »

We finally got some snow!  Grin It seems to be melting pretty fast though but it was nice to actually get more than a quick flurry.

I got 2 really cool packages this week, an angel package and one from this round but I didn't see a gallery for it so I put them both on the round 90 gallery. I also got A2K and gamemom42's claims out today. Hope you both like them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2013 04:41:25 PM »

I'm so sorry for all of the snow Sad it was a beautiful Texas day here today - 65 and sunny! I spent the morning at the Farmer's Market selling our beef! Hubby just got his retail label approved - I'm so proud of him!

Anyway, we are off to our family "getaway ranch" tomorrow where there is no Internet, shoddy cell reception, and only two TV channels. I'm loading up 'ole Bessie with her new sewing machine cover (thanks Averia!) and working of my swaps so that I can mail Tues!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
babalina58

« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2013 04:48:28 PM »

Hooray, they have upped our totals to 12-18 more inches.. HAHAAHA I am just Ummm  like grumpy cat..  NO!!

On a crafty note, I have to say I am so stupid.. OMG NEVER, I MEAN EVER hahaha EVER ( when making smores in the house) You know, on the gas flame in the kitchen with a mallow and a fork ( do tell me you never did this or thought about it if you have gas LOL ) well, I put the mallow on the gram cracker and then right in my mouth the fork went to get all that gooey goodness off and WTH was I thinking??? I have blisters and no skin on my lips.. I cant believe I did this.... Any crafty ideas how to stop the pain and the blisters this is really bad and on part all the skin is off and was bleeding! I feel like a big doo doo bird!!! They are not extinct!! I am right here in the cold LOL!!

OH, I am done and so is hubby!!! We are going to retire in 16 months and leave this hellish place Cheesy  Tex, we will be by you somewhat.. OKC Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013 04:50:14 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2013 10:54:31 AM »

Yikes, babs!  I would try aloe vera.  I have also used regular chapstick (the one with the black label) to help help burns and other skin problems.  I hope you heal soon!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013 10:55:42 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2013 04:37:18 PM »

Don't feel too stupid Monica. I once stuck my hand in the oven and pulled a cast iron pan out... bare handed!  It took several weeks for it to completely heal and it hurt like the devil the whole time.  Also in kitchen injuries, my husband stuck a butter knife through his palm making a peanut butter sandwich once.  We've never figured that one out.

Okay, this has nothing to do with this swap but it's still craft related.  I went flea-market/antique mall hunting today.  I found a precious wooden purse with a bakelite style handle that someone had made and decoupaged with oh so cute cats.  It was me me me... but it gets better.  The person who made this purse also put wooden initials on it, and they are mine!!!  Yep, this oh so me handmade purse had my initials on it.  Rarely do I grab something up without even checking the price but it was obvious that way back in the 70's someone sat down and made that purse just for me!  I will use the purse as a little portable sewing/embroidery kit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2013 05:24:24 PM »

That's the coolest thing ever, gamemom! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2013 07:35:56 AM »

Gamemom, that is so cool!! It was meant to be for sure!! HAHA a butter knife huh, wonder if he got startled and did not want to tell you? MEN LOL!! Well, we are out of the snow fall for this one we got about 10 inches but it is all powder for the most part. I am so glad for that!!! Ohhh, they said we will get nailed again Friday.. WTH really!?!?! I am for sure grumpy cat now.. NO and if they did not hear me NO!!!

Your package is on the way Cheesy I am so excited about your bee Cheesy it is too cute and hope you like it too... I love recycled art and when you can do it from a mag that was almost 40 years old makes it even better Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Maurice Hamilton Talks About Chequered Conflict
Davy Rothbart Talks About Requiem for a Paper Bag
Meet Photojournalist Kevin Rivoli
Sandra Brown Talks About Rainwater
Kate Feiffer Talks About Which Puppy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...