A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS rounds 90-92 Discussion thread :D  (Read 29660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2013 07:10:41 PM »

I added more things to my list again.  If anyone has an idea of something thats not on my list, but you think I'd like it, send me a pm and let me know. 

I am not strong in most of the crafts on your list... I can paint, but not too realistically... can you post a link to a picture of what you are thinking about when you say 1950s apron?  Cheesy  I have a pattern that I love, but I don't know if it would be retro enough.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kqGYMq5vWDk/TJrWQlgIbwI/AAAAAAAAARA/B9XunwVb_co/s1600/aprons.jpg
If that link works, the apron on your right is the pattern I have and love.

The reason I don't normally claim is because I have reached my limit.   Undecided But rules is rules... With any luck glasskicker will receive today and I might be able to get the ball rolling again.  Cheesy  I came across the same problem in the ATC swap.  I claim and claim, then have to wait for things to be received. (Which is always the hardest part.)

Off to check out your list.  Wink

Pics are posted in the gallery!  Thanks so much, Leilani!  So true about the waiting being the hardest part.....oh, great, now that Tom Petty song is stuck in my head!   Cheesy

I am glad it came today!  I followed the bookmark tutorial, it was easier than I thought it would be. They turned out really nice, I may have to make myself a few!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
GlassKicker
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2013 07:27:52 PM »

I added more things to my list again.  If anyone has an idea of something thats not on my list, but you think I'd like it, send me a pm and let me know.  

I am not strong in most of the crafts on your list...

...........me too..... Sad  Otherwise I would most certainly make a claim!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013 07:30:49 PM by GlassKicker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: March 28, 2013 03:51:08 AM »

Between mom's medical problems and drama with my teenager, I'm not able to claim right now. 'Entitlement generation' such an apt name.

I am getting almost no time for crafting, though I must say I am loving how something is turning out for Spikefan's little Emily!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #333 on: March 28, 2013 04:33:01 AM »

Between mom's medical problems and drama with my teenager, I'm not able to claim right now. 'Entitlement generation' such an apt name.

I am getting almost no time for crafting, though I must say I am loving how something is turning out for Spikefan's little Emily!

Oh you poor thing, and doesn't it seem as if the teenagers strike the hardest when you already have something big to deal with in your life?  It hurts even more knowing we created those precious monsters in our own parenting labs (for the most part anyway).  I survived mine; but I'll tell you the truth, today's twenty-somethings can act pretty entitled too. Undecided

On a crafty note, your embroidered pincushion and supplies are out the door this afternoon.  Your pincushion took on a very whimsical air as I stitched it and I hope you love the way it turned out as much as I do. 

AmandaBL:  I got my wonderful little t-shirt and earrings and I adore both things!  The shirt is absolutely perfect and about two minutes after I opened it I blabbed about it to my daughter (the intention was to keep it secret for years until that baby is a reality).  Oh well.  She has only heard about it and not actually seen it so I can at least save that.  My husband shook his head at me everytime I walked by with my Q T earrings on.  He assured me that everyone knows I am the queen and that it's not necessary to have accessories to prove it.  Hmmph.... I love my earrings and will wear them often.
I'll get pics up as soon as possible.  Realistically it might be tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #334 on: March 28, 2013 06:08:00 AM »

I am with you sister!! Just swamped and now have to go to ER to get the little ones meds as he cant get seen here on the cape for 3 months and WTH his old doc will not call in meds for him.. DOUCHE BAG is all I can say.. He said " He is not going to be his doc anylonger as he has moved so he will have to go elswhere.. We explained the situation here and he said " that is not his problem"

As soon as I get back I will update all the threads and get the new one open for you all... I am not sure if I will claim later in the month or not but I will just be lurking around for a while~

Maybe this month they will get the damn trees out of my yard?? HA I am going to borrow a chain saw and make some art out of them LOL bt that will anger housing Cheesy and hahaha I think BRIGHT NEON spray paint may come to play Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #335 on: March 28, 2013 06:24:04 AM »

deathbeforedishes-heres two links of 1950 ish apron styles. 
This link-its the middle apron that i love: http://theloveofvintage.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/bib-aprons.jpeg
And this one:
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/VintageGaleria/5446211/retro_vintage_inspired_polka_dots_pinup_1950s_apron/handmade/housewares/kitchen/aprons
They dont have to be identical-but along that line of style.

Anyways, I can believe Sunday is the last day of March!  I wont be signing up for next month.  I need to get cracking on items for a craft show, make for my brother-in-law and I am having fun knitting socks for myself so, I want to knit some for my family too.  Cheesy

Oh babalina-sorry about the meds and your little one.  I recently had an experiance with a rude drs. office worker.  I was trying to get a refill.  Long story short-I will be finding a new Dr. because no one will treat me with such disrespect.  My Dr was great-but the office worker was a complete jerk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2013 12:52:42 PM »

More things added.  Im running out of ideas though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: March 28, 2013 03:30:19 PM »

Ah, I feel kind of bad for being a 20 year old right now lol. I hope things mellow for you Averia.

And I was going to go and maybe make another claim, but with the swap ending this weekend, I figure I should wait until the next round starts so I can get feedback right away for this one and join the next round right off the bat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #338 on: March 29, 2013 08:18:57 AM »

UGH!!! We got the prescriptions for him but the one they will not fill as his new ins said they need a PCM to give prior auth,.. WELL, If he had a PCM already ( here it takes a few MONTHS for his first apt..) We would not have seen them in the E.R. RIGHT!?!?!? WTH I am just over all of this right now.. My daughter got chased by a racoons last night in my yard from the damn trees that are downed and have been for months and the military has not done anything but tie a ribbon on them like they are going to do something.... The kids, the house, the drama... I can say officially DONE!! Ohhhh and my husband decided we will not be retiring in 20 months NOPE we will be here on this HELLISH Island until DEC 31 2016    

So, as you can see by my snarky attitude right now I hope the powers above us houses get every tree down in their yards for MONTHS and then their houses flood from every drop of water for 5 months and all of them get sick and feel like ass from the mold issues.. HA!!! I will go park my ass in a lawn chair in their yard and just LAUGH and LAUGH and again LAUGH.. Jackals!!! I am normally a giving person but I was asked to make something for the big dog leaving and I just busted out laughing and asked what would they like some branch art from the downed trees in my yard ( OK, it is over 200 FEET back and 4-8 feet tall and 6-20 feet wide.. YES, that much freaking debris in my damn yard.. Gurrrr so I think when I said he can go F OFF and they can eat S_ _ _ for even thinking to ask me for anything until my house is fixed and my family is happy and healthy free of all of this... Now again, I am not a mean person however for them to even THINK I will do a damn thing for anyone here in the command level they can bite me!!! Mean?? Maybe but I am living in this crap long enough... My Ins. company is irked they have not sent the mold test in as they claim broke!!! Oh but they can buy new shower heads and all this crap for our houses to cut back on water and new thermostats UMM They replaced mine with the EXACT same one!?!?! Thanks for waiting tax payers money~ .. HA, I told them not only no but HE_ _ No!! I will put them on when I leave and that is the best I will do for them! I will not be using florescent lights as I have eye issues and cant see proper in them and they got mad.. RYK HA so I got my doc to tell them I will NOT be using them for any reason so I have a box of crap they can put in when I leave... Gurrrr huh... And the kid told a HUGE lie in school and all hell broke loose here, My world is not in balance and I am just over it all here...

I will be back on track with the next round of swap but I prob will not make any claims if I am not already working on something in that line... ( I have several projects almost done from watching peoples pintrest and knowing some of you very well Cheesy  

Happy GOOD Friday from me and my family to you all and HA

My hubby now refers to me as GRUMPY CAT!!!  LOL..

On a better note, I am about caught up and all swaps that have not shipped from 92 will be out the door by tomorrow Cheesy SO, that is good and I am Angeling for a swap so all is finally getting to normal in craft land.. THE ONLY LAND THAT I CARE ABOUT RIGHT NOW Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013 08:50:16 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
gamemom42

« Reply #339 on: March 29, 2013 09:04:21 AM »

Monica, your life belongs in Ripley's Believe it or Not, or perhaps the National Enquirer.  It's just beyond reason that one person would have so much dumped on them, and a really really nice person to boot.  I have no answers but honey I have so much sympathy, wish that helped but I know it doesn't. 

Maybe you could actually make something for the "big guy".  Maybe you could make him a cake with a saw in it and a note that says "please use this to clean up my yard!".  I'm assuming your husband asked you to make something, so how big of a black eye does dear hubby have?   Wink

On a crafty note, I'm about to post pics of the goodies I received from AmandaBL so everyone watch the gallery! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove Date/Time Stamp from Your Photos
New Mic Test - Product review
How to Use Vanishing Point Tool in Photoshop
How to Import Brushes in Photoshop
How to Create Grey Hair in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...