A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS rounds 90-92 Discussion thread :D  (Read 29653 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cerebral Atrophy
« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2013 06:52:59 PM »

So i feel my progress is going pretty well. I became over confident and decided to draft a bag pattern because there was a style i was attempting. Well, after wasting a yard of fabric (too cocky to use muslin or scraps)  i feel i finally got it to my liking! Smiley im not finished yet, but tomorrow it will be done for sure! Smiley yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am willing to do personal swappage!! Smiley

Currently Swapping in:
Superhero Swap- Plotting!
Mini top hat swap- Plotting!
Ren fest swap- Waiting for partners!
Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2013 03:39:08 AM »

The pinterest surprise for A2K went amazingly fast the first day i worked on it and it has now slowed down to a crawl but I am very pleased with how it is turning out. I have packed my project bag with Babalina's supplies but have yet to apply needle to fabric. I was so sure the surprise for A2K would only take a few hours - ha! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2013 03:48:38 AM »

Isn't that always how it goes?  I often underestimate how long things will take!  I think the reason is that once I'm in the crafting zone, I have no concept of time so that 4 hours seems like one!  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2013 07:48:34 AM »

Ahyone craft a straight jacket for a 5 year old?? OMG Gahhh this boy is about to make me off myself! He is so damn naughty and was not like this 7 months ago when he lived with me. Gesh our worlds are upside down and this boy is about to drive us over the edge!!! GAHHH CRAFT ME A VACATION PEEPS LOL...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
plaidpineapple
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2013 12:38:14 PM »

It sounds like he could figure out a way to escape a straight jacket.  Hopefully one day soon all that snow will melt and you can kick him outside.  How long is with you for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2013 02:45:20 PM »

On I have a couple of 8 years olds that act like that some days! That's when I lock myself in the craft room and let hubby deal with them - LOL!

My set screw came in today so I am adding snaps to Lo's towels and sending tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
gamemom42

« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2013 03:05:45 PM »

Oh Monica, you poor thing.  All I can think of is to buy a good sturdy lasso and talk him into playing cattle drive with you (him being the straying cow that needs to be tied up tightly for his own good of course).  If you leave the room while he's trussed on the floor helpless and "forget" to go back for a while, who in the world could blame you? Roll Eyes

On a crafty note, I finally have started cleaning out my new craft room!  My daughter moved out of our basement apartment and I've decided that I'm turning her kitchen/dining area into a super duper wonderful craft room!  I'm doing for two reasons.  1) Who doesn't want a super duper wonderful craft room?  and 2) I am determined to use all of that space so that no one can get the bright idea to move in down there.  It's going to take ages to finish because dear sweet daughter left a whole heap of crap here but I'm slowly chipping away.  I can just envision myself making claim after claim and completeing them all in my spiffy craft space. Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2013 08:23:52 PM »

Hehe............I remember those days!  I worked for Health and Welfare and my co-workers used to joke that we needed to lock him in a rubber-padded room before I wound up committed to one.  Lucky for me - they both grew up quite nicely, though I have a lot of grey hairs to show for it!  I wish you peace and relaxation, Babalina58!

I've finally finished Lo{ve}'s forks!  Woohoo!  There are about two dozen in the scrap heap and my son has decided I'm a bit looney over the whole thing!   Grin  I promise - I washed ALL the blood off of them!  If anyone else decides to give these a go - don't use a propane/map gas torch - it'll totally discolor and destroy the stainless.  A heat gun works fairly well to get a little malleability, but be warned - you can catch your hair in the back end of a heat gun just like you can a hair dryer!  It's been an adventure - but it's been fun.  They are not perfect works of art - I'd say eclectically rustic - I hope they work for you, Lo{ve}!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2013 06:07:29 AM »

Hehe............I remember those days!  I worked for Health and Welfare and my co-workers used to joke that we needed to lock him in a rubber-padded room before I wound up committed to one.  Lucky for me - they both grew up quite nicely, though I have a lot of grey hairs to show for it!  I wish you peace and relaxation, Babalina58!

I've finally finished Lo{ve}'s forks!  Woohoo!  There are about two dozen in the scrap heap and my son has decided I'm a bit looney over the whole thing!   Grin  I promise - I washed ALL the blood off of them!  If anyone else decides to give these a go - don't use a propane/map gas torch - it'll totally discolor and destroy the stainless.  A heat gun works fairly well to get a little malleability, but be warned - you can catch your hair in the back end of a heat gun just like you can a hair dryer!  It's been an adventure - but it's been fun.  They are not perfect works of art - I'd say eclectically rustic - I hope they work for you, Lo{ve}!

Ack!  I just read the part about the blood to my husband and he said that you're the kind of Craftster that puts a little of herself in every project!   Grin
I'm sure it will be loved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2013 06:14:15 AM »

Well-now that your a pro  I think if I want to craft forks  I will put on the OWS list instead.  Grin  That sounds like a beastly job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...