A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS rounds 90-92 Discussion thread :D  (Read 29682 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GlassKicker
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2013 10:00:44 PM »

My package to J-Kieviet is on its way!  Hope to have Lo{ve}'s out the door by the weekend. 

I have the same problem, underthemountain!  I start prepping for Bdays and special occasions way early and then I can hardly contain myself and keep things stashed away for their intended purpose! 

gavagai - I will never put a hole through a penny again without giggling about that inquisition comment!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2013 10:16:46 AM »

Don't feel too stupid Monica. I once stuck my hand in the oven and pulled a cast iron pan out... bare handed!  It took several weeks for it to completely heal and it hurt like the devil the whole time.  Also in kitchen injuries, my husband stuck a butter knife through his palm making a peanut butter sandwich once.  We've never figured that one out.

Ah, butter knife?  I wish it was that for my husband.  We have a sword collection.  And a couple years back one falls on his foot and thus he has to go to the emergency room for a stab wound to the foot.  Ah.....after that we decided we didnt want swords in the house-to dangerous.  Well, we couldnt find anyone to buy them from us, so we still have them now-but they arent hung or displayed-just shoved in the back of the closet where they cant fall on anyone.  Well, I guess having them still-we're ready for the zombie apocalypse

And, to stay on topic-I never did get to claim babalina for amigurumi.  With home school and an in-law visiting I didnt have time to pop online much, let alone make any more claims.  I might make a claim still-if its a supplies claim.  Does anyone want some random crochet/knit books?  Random fabric for quilting?  Hmmm...I will just keep an eye on the thread.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
GlassKicker
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2013 02:26:04 PM »

So excited and I just had to share...........just snuck in a little "I really should be working, but I'd rather be in the garage time" and made the first of Lo{ve}'s fork wall hooks!  Way cool, so much fun to make and I made friends with the bench grinder.  I'm hoping to gather up some more forks and send a bunch her way by the weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2013 02:57:37 PM »

Neato!  It's fun to make new friends, esp when they are tools.  LOL.

I think I'm going to be able to send tomorrow to Katpac and GlassKicker!  Smiley

BTW, how did you come up with your name GK?  You don't kick glass do you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2013 03:16:55 PM »

Well...........this is probably a terrible parenting story....but here goes Roll Eyes  We are HUGE hockey fans - the lockout was very frustrating for us.  Big Boston Bruins fans and my boys love the Sully's brand shirts out of Boston - only mom always insisted that they only wear the 'nice' t-shirts.  My boys are now 19 and 20 and off to college.  We work from home and the high school is just down the road from our place, so we always had a huge crew here for lunch.  One day I came home from a meeting and the gang was already here and hanging around the kitchen island.  As I'm headed into the office, out of the corner of my eye I see one kid from the backside wearing a Milan Lucic Boston Bruins T-Shirt, but instead of Lucic, the name plate said "___-Kicker".  Being the mama-type that I am, I used my mama-bear tone and asked "Does your mama know you're wearing that on your back?"  The kid turns around and says "She does now!"  and I'm horrified to realize it's my own child!  It's been a source of constant ribbing - being the only girl in the house, I tend to get a lot of that.  As I've gotten more involved in art glass and considered branching out to making a hobby-business out of it, lots of laughter and dinner-table conversations have led to the name GlassKicker Designs.  

Oops, just realized I'm off topic here:  so.........second fork wall hook done!  These are actually kind of fun.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013 03:33:03 PM by GlassKicker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2013 04:15:23 PM »

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo{ve}
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2013 04:35:01 PM »

So excited and I just had to share...........just snuck in a little "I really should be working, but I'd rather be in the garage time" and made the first of Lo{ve}'s fork wall hooks!  Way cool, so much fun to make and I made friends with the bench grinder.  I'm hoping to gather up some more forks and send a bunch her way by the weekend!

Hehe yay!!!! Thanks so much  Cheesy Cheesy I've been wanting these hooks for so long I can't wait!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2013 06:29:34 AM »

Loved your story, GK! 

Can't seem to locate my crafty mojo.  Sad  It's starting to get on my nerves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2013 08:06:30 AM »

I think I'm going to be able to send tomorrow to Katpac and GlassKicker!  Smiley

Yay!  Got my packages out!   Smiley  Probably my last claims for this round...still have to work on my IYP package for Jo_mama!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2013 08:41:50 AM »

Finally stitched up texscrapper's pencil cases.  Will mail them out this afternoon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sanyo Xacti DMX-CS1 HD Dual Camera Review
How to Use a Home Lighting Kit
An Inside Look on David LaChapelle Work
Using a Background in Photography
Phottix Atlas Wireless Flash Trigger Review and Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...