A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS rounds 90-92 Discussion thread :D  (Read 28478 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2013 08:49:20 AM »

Wow, sounds like you had a ton of snow Monica.  Hope everyone is ok, including your FIL and his family.

Haha our basement flooded last night from the melting and there is a crack in the foundation.. GAHHH and guess what?? HAHAH We are getting 6 more inches tomorrow and then they said again on the weekend... Schools still out here, power is scarce. We are on the base so they got us on pretty quick as we are on the main grid but poor people out of the gates are still in the dark and cold.. Roofs collapsing in with the weight of the snow then the rains that came .. WOW... OK just me but WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??? Who builds a flat roof in snow country is beyond me!! Pitch that and stop the madness. but I did not build this so not my issue....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2013 08:54:46 AM »

Gah, I hope you didn't lose anything in the flooding Monica.  Sounds like a never ending nightmare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2013 10:05:15 AM »

Flat Roofs?  What on earth!  Doesnt builders realize that a flat roof doesnt allow for water to run of the roof? Our old house(Prayers please that we can sell it soon-its sucking all our money and really taking a toll on our budget.)  The previous owners were idiots-built a cheap crappy car port cover.  Built it with a flat roof and with ply wood under it!  Okay, so yeah we tore it down because it was about to fall down.  But, at least your on base though so you have power quickly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
babalina58

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2013 11:26:05 AM »

Jesus help!! OK 55% of the community is still out of power, more snow coming and spring break is next week.. OK, is it bad of me to want to get wine and hide in a closet LOL.. I can tell you that this week ( from last Friday ) has been a nightmare and fear school being called the week, then they are home all next week, then I might just become a huge drunkard LOL.. HA!!  Our school pipes broke and major damage and well, I am just about over this...

I knew what to expect with the basement as it happened before so I was on top of it. Just a PITA really...   OK can someone craft me some sanity as I am going to loose my mind if this child does not get back into school Eeeekkkk From the moment her brother got here our worlds are flipped upside down and this just sucks now between them. Hiting, fighting, being not nice.. OVER IT.. I need her to go back to school YESTERDAY LOL Or lots and LOTS of Black n Tan's LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2013 03:25:33 PM »

Wow, it is one thing to see the news about the storms and another to be able to read the info coming from someone stuck in it.  How long is it suppose to go on?  I can't imagine what it must be like for those still without power.  Sending warm weather vibes your way.  But wait, don't want the snow to melt too fast and have even worse flooding.  Sending big hugs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2013 05:52:51 PM »

Monica, I swear if you listed everything you've been through in the past two years alone no would would believe it.  They would think it was some tragic work of fiction, and yet you just keep on going with that big old virtual smile on your face and your great sense of humor intact.  You are amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2013 07:50:16 PM »

Hi, all!  Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm excited to be joining this round of OWS.  It just looks like so much fun!  Also wanted to thank Babalina58 for responding to my questionnaire so quickly - especially given all the nasty she's having to deal with right now!  Looking forward to swapping with you all.

~ Tracy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2013 04:49:15 AM »

Hi, all!  Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm excited to be joining this round of OWS.  It just looks like so much fun!  Also wanted to thank Babalina58 for responding to my questionnaire so quickly - especially given all the nasty she's having to deal with right now!  Looking forward to swapping with you all.

~ Tracy

Welcome Tracy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2013 06:05:53 AM »

Woohoo!  Welcome Glasskicker!  FYI everyone Tracy is amazingly talented-- go check out what she made for the Sweat Shop Swap.  So happy that you'll be swapping with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
babalina58

« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2013 07:54:32 AM »

Monica, I swear if you listed everything you've been through in the past two years alone no would would believe it.  They would think it was some tragic work of fiction, and yet you just keep on going with that big old virtual smile on your face and your great sense of humor intact.  You are amazing.

The photos below were taken after day 3 of the snow starting to melt off so it was deeper but we are getting a 4/6 more tonight and looks like the weekend storm will go to sea Cheesy

I just keep on keeping on and do my thing. I have to say this was about the worst thing.. I am so excited that our school ( not all in our district but ours will open tomorrow) I think they are doing it to get some of the kids in the cold in to a warm and fun environment. I am so sad for so many here to be so cold. We did have a quick warm up and freezes in the night so that is OK.   I wanted to cry that the only yarn store here I know of that is year round the roof came down on them. I have it easy. I live on a military base and because of what we have hidden on the base, and what our sides mission is they had to get us up and online quickly. It is a blessing. We have gas to cook with so really we hang blankets and can somewhat warm that way. For me it was not the cold but the depth of the snow and my trees in my yard my beautiful trees all gone. the one snapped in half and OMG fell right next to Alana's bedroom if the house sat the other way it would have been in her bedroom. My big pine came roots and all and crashed over my neighbors drive and the stupid ( OK not stupid but you will understand) plow trucks on the base thought it was a good idea to keep plowing and plowing all that yuck over the tree and not only did we have to cut up the tree and help the neighbor do his drive as he just had surgery but damn the weight of it. WOW.. I could not let the kids play much in it as it was so deep and Houston would sink LOL.. poor boo.. My dogs were not happy at all but it is what it is..  it is melting off good so that is great.. Unlike a hurricane you can take your food outside and put in the snow, and make snow cream ( Oh and we did Cheesy nom nom nom... It is back breaking work for sure.

One of the trees down in my front yard..

It was so deep ( I had to shovel out the front of the house and took forever but you can see how deep it was behind me.

My fence i 5 foot in the back.. Houston was just hahah running. He would not put his snow suit on ( was only in it for about 3 min) and he was so excited...I feared him falling through and Ralphie too and I would have to rescue them but no it was so heavy and packed LOL... they had fun!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013 07:58:40 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Creates Fantasy Coffins
Matchstick Men Serve as Art
"The Bay Lights" Transforms San Francisco Skyline
Artist Jodi Harvey-Brown Creates Sculptures Inside Books
Brooklyn Artist Creates Light Bulb Headed Sculptures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...