A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junker Jane Style Doll Swap GALLERY!  (Read 31622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2013 04:04:34 PM »

I didn't mean to be negative when I mentioned the length of time to mail to the ever fabo Aussi's.  We all know loveclutter's stuff is worth waiting for.  And thankfully, bambam doesn't seem shy about being here (it took me over a year to feel like I belonged...it was me not y'all) so I don't think she is going to be scared off easily.  And fact is bam, you just gotta deal with things taking longer to get to you then with in same country mailing.  Being in Canada, I decided long ago to not stress about mailing.  It's just hard for you Statessiders because y'all are just used to 2 or 5 days.  2 weeks is trama.  The rest of us out here in not there land are nearly used to months of waiting for mail.  Keck, it can take a month for me to get mail in Can sometimes (and yes...I meant heck.  But I think I will start using keck now Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2013 04:12:30 PM »

Keck yeah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2013 04:13:11 PM »

*snort* Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2013 04:15:34 PM »

I learned a little while back, before this swap w/Sue, that it can take 2 weeks, or more depending where you are in Canada, to receive packages.  I also know that Australia takes forever and a day.  I experienced my 1st lost package in the Ho Ho Ho swap.  It was my package, to me, that got lost.  The DC# said the package was delivered, but it wasn't.  I looked everywhere for the package, even asked my neighbors, the next street over w/the same address.  Nope, no package.  Kittykill was more than generous and sent a replacement package.  I'm always over the top anxious for my partner to receive their package.  I like making people happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitty_Catty
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2013 04:31:40 PM »

On the topic of getting packages to and from Australia. I (Aussie) get my fair share of packages (love online shopping) and find that as a general rule if the regular mail service is used things arrive between 7 - 14 days after sending. From UK to Australia is fastest (closer to 7 days), whereas USA is more 10 - 14 days.

On occasion I have had things take a month or so for no apparent reason - but this is quite rare.

Did bambam91 check with her local post office? As I have had items waiting there on occasion without them advising me.

Anyhow, I am sure the package will turn up any day now.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2013 04:39:41 PM »

Yup.  I completely stress for the entire time it is in transit.  Which is why I have to make lite of it.  And where I live now, I have to add at least 2 days to the expected date as it is a rural rout.  I do get to mail from the states some times as I'm at my folks down there a lot.  So I get to see both the amazing quick US mail (Wash. to NewYork city in 2 days.) and the above mentioned incidences.  hhhhmmmm....maybe it might be good to add a permanent extension to certain countries....

edit:  I have heard there is a difference from mail order things and personal mail as far as the boarder folks are concerned.   We could be mailing bomb making components and all Grin

EditEdit: Just joking government folks who read all the stuff we post. craftster folk don't mail that kind of stuff around.  Give us exemption please Grin
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013 04:43:39 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2013 05:34:21 PM »

Yeah, I have checked with the Post Office, they had another one of my packages though. I am sure it will show up. My last packages were delayed due to the wild weather. I believe it will show up. I am not too concerned. One of my Etsy purchases was at a different Post office due to the weather. It took a month to arrive.

Everyone is so welcoming!! That is why I am not too shy Smiley If everyone was mean and grumpy that is when I would get shy. Lovesclutter was so encouraging in getting me to join the swap as well!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2013 12:20:53 PM »

edit:  I have heard there is a difference from mail order things and personal mail as far as the boarder folks are concerned.   We could be mailing bomb making components and all Grin

EditEdit: Just joking government folks who read all the stuff we post. craftster folk don't mail that kind of stuff around.  Give us exemption please Grin

Hahaha LOL!! You just made laugh outloud! And I can't seem to stop! Hahaha!

I live in the Netherlands and I joked about me stuffing illegal stuff into my packages to the States more than once. Never dared to joke about it ON the packages though!  Grin

And about sending, from Holland to the US takes about two weeks. From the US to Holland takes about 1 week, same sort of package and airmail .. Huh 
Sending in my own country takes ............ ONE day! Haha, the advantage of living in a very small and flat country!

I keep hoping the package for bam will show up!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitty_Catty
« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2013 10:36:05 PM »

Hi - I am posting these pics of behalf of my swap partner gigglygirl. She received my package awhile back but has not had time to post pics as yet.

So here are the items I made for gigglygirl, hopefully she enjoyed them:

First the Junker:

Next, her wee little teddy and dolly:

One last pic of the group:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2013 11:35:50 PM »

Wow, that is awesome!!! Great job!!!

I love her cherry arm fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled Sambol Shrimp Recipe Part 2/2
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Smoked Egg Salad Recipe
The Success of Chef David Chang
Pork Estofado with Plantains and Pearl Onions Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...