A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prayer Flag Swap Rd. 2 GALLERY!  (Read 27483 times)
Tags for this thread: prayer_flag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

susanab
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2013 07:04:07 AM »

Oh I can surely see the sparkles on MaryColleens flag! Thats really lovely. I love the background colors, theyre perfect for a lighthouse. And the back is gorgeous. This is a beautiful prayer flag. You were terrific partners for each other.

Pioneer9that is a regal and beautiful joy prayer flag! The fabric layerings and the stitching is phenomenal. And I LOVE the slightly thready look that you let it have.  It all works perfectly together!

Well littlehajerikas flag looks awesome via phone camera so I can imagine! That is GORGEOUS, I especially love the top with all the different ribbons under the flower.

Grasshopperwow your flag is so wonderfully colorful. As one in that boomer age range   Tonguethe peace symbol and heart are especially meaningful

And rosie1981oh thats a phrase I can use many-a-time! I like how you combined hand-lettering with the stencils at the bottom. And cute fabric!

Wulfthis is also a very regal flag to me. It has a lush look that really works so well with this phrase. Everything that lives is holy. I love that deeply and I love how you interpreted it. So nice!

Receive earths abundance by alwaysinmyroomyou are so wonderfully bold! Fabric and stitching and how even the hanger part is all one. How did you brown the fabric there? And are the words stamped? Thats so cool!

Another amazing prayer flag, mbellish! I esp love how you kept the background simple but used beautiful colors everywhere elseespecially  framing the flagthose are great. Castles in the cloudswhat a great visual.

And melissaurusthis is another powerful and I love that you used burlap and simple white fabric and then went with the pop of color and the hanging feathers. Cool!

Its so so so inspiring to come to this gallery and see these flags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.co m
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2013 07:17:36 AM »

Thanks for the lovely comments!

Susanab--my favorite way of distressing anything is with Distress ink and water! Cheesy  I then use my fingers, q-tips, bubblewrap, stamps, etc.  I use a black sharpie for words and to make "mold"...Cheesy...the stamp I used is one I made from a lesson I got from loves2experiment... she is a stamp making machine!  It is a carved rubber eraser.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 07:18:22 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2013 07:39:04 AM »

Oh my gosh, I really really (did I say really?!) love all of these flags.  I like the multimedia ones, so cool!

I am dying for another round... I want to encircle my office with gorgeous handmade flags.  If anybody wants to do a personal swap, DM me!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2013 10:08:58 AM »

Melissaurus, I love the flag with the feather theme!  And I love flyraeven's comment, that she wouldn't have chosen the colors for herself, but she loves them--that's one of the best things about swaps for me; we get to experience someones else's creative choices.

I received my second flag today--yay!  Jen Sews made me a beauty, in exactly the colors I would have chosen (!), and I love it!

Of course, I love hearts, and I love how many she put on one flag!  The larger ones are slighly stuffed, and the smaller ones are only sewn down the center, so the have a little dimension along the sides.

The dangling threads are actually supposed to be tied into bows; I must apologize to Jen Sews--when I took it out of the envelope, the threads were all wonky, so I started straightening them out, and as I did so I realized I was actually untying the bows!  So now they dangle. 

Thank you so much for this wonderful flag, Jen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2013 11:07:20 AM »

pretty colored hearts!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2013 11:18:07 AM »

lol Leslie--that just made me laugh...( I could see you snipping all the stray threads off the flags I made this round.... Cheesy)

What a pretty flag!  Very much suited for you!  Love that some of the hearts are stuffed!  Nice dimension!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2013 03:02:22 PM »

Wow! Shocked The brilliant flags just keep coming!

I love that you posted Alwaysinmyroom's flag along with mine, Witchhippie, because I had imagined I'd managed to loosen up a tiny bit, but her flamboyant roughness shows where I'd like to get to! I love that flag so much, and keep looking back at it.

Your "UNITY" stamp is beautiful, Melissaurus, and the colours you've used on your flag work so well together. The two spots of red are great, but even better against the pure white. Kiss

But the heart flag you made for Leslie, Jensews, is my very favourite. Great colours, and your arrangement is so perfect.

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2013 05:38:10 PM »

Wow what fantastic flags!! I love them all & all the texture & laces & nature Items I are great.  Leslie your heart flag is so cool & fits you so well Great Job "jew Sews"  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Received/Sent
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Received/Sent
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches
WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2013 07:00:10 PM »

just received a great flag from IsikkahJai! She used one of my favorite quotes, and incorporated lots of cool materials---pics coming soon...would upload tonite, but i am ready to go to sleep  Cool so pics of the great flag tomorrow!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
wdicwg

Remember that life is beautiful!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2013 11:08:08 PM »

There are some more great flags, that have been posted.

I love the deep purple of the joy flag made by pioneer9 and the beautiful layering on the flag by littlehajerika. 
The bold colors and the simple design of flag by grasshopper makes it seem so cheery.
I love the quote on the flag made by rosie1981, its very good advise to take.
The layout and embroidery on the flag by wulf is awesome as well, and the mixed media layering by alwaysinmyroom is gorgeous.
The glittery castle in the clouds by mbellish looks like it came from a fairy tale.
I also love how melissaurus's feather theme and how it has actual feathers hanging from it, and how the other flag made by her has so many colorful hearts in a linear pattern.

I am still waiting for susanab to recive her flag for me, and to recieve my flag from eclectic dreamer.  I hope they both arrive soon because I am getting even more excited for them to reach their destinations after seeing all of the awesome flags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is a drug I cannot live without." ~Cecil B. DeMille

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~Robert Brault

http://pinterest.com/swaffe08/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop Tutorials: Stitching and Cleaning Up Panoramas
Photoshop Tutorials: Adding Contrast and Clarity
How to Make Your Photoshop Text Look More Professional
How to Sample Photoshop Colors From Anywhere on Your Desktop
The Most Powerful Button In Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...