A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prayer Flag Swap Rd. 2 GALLERY!  (Read 28711 times)
Tags for this thread: prayer_flag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2013 07:40:01 PM »

Sparks, the two flags you sent MaryColleen are both so pretty!  I especially love the yellow and black one, great color combo!

Alwaysinmyroom--the Asian fabrics on your flag are gorgeous!  It looks like you used some aging technique on it--looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2013 06:29:12 AM »

I love the yellow and black flag!  It reminds me of happy bumblebees because of the colors! Cheesy

Also, the patriotic flag is very special...I am an Army brat myself and the military is a big part of my family!

Thrifty--I just love that you shared some more details about your flag...using interesting materials makes your flag very unique!  I just loved all the images of wishing!

Thanks, Leslie--I was trying to make my flags look like they had already been outside weathering away! Cheesy

I had two partners practically at the opposite ends of practicing their beliefs and yet I found that when it came to doing these flags, they were almost the same...I found that very interesting and enlightening.  It further cemented my own personal belief that we all want the same things in life! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2013 02:51:39 PM »

All these flags are so wonderful, great work everyone!

We have the need for an angel, for a swapper in the US.  If you would like to do this, please send me a pm.

The angel has been found; thank you Smmarrt!!!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013 04:10:57 PM by Leslieshappyheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2013 01:40:46 AM »

I had two partners practically at the opposite ends of practicing their beliefs and yet I found that when it came to doing these flags, they were almost the same...I found that very interesting and enlightening.  It further cemented my own personal belief that we all want the same things in life! Cheesy

That's kind of the thinking I had in mind when I made the two fish for you Always. One is more "Eastern colored" with reds, golds, creams and sage greens and the other more "Western colored" with bright greens, orange, swirly rainbows and blues. East and west circle one another, always there, always in balance and always depending on one another ^^ That's why I thought of the words "Balance" and "Unity" while I was crafting it <3 It made me so happy, this flag. The one I made for Wings made me feel----free, empowered. Strange how that goes  Cheesy
    And you'd be surprised how EASY it was to do the scales!! (And relaxing O__O) It was only about an hour per fish ^^ But I thank you for all the comments on them  Grin Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flyraeven
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2013 08:59:23 PM »

What beautiful flags! Cabaute, I am so glad you liked your flag I sent, I was really nervous about it!

Melissaurus still hasn't received hers and I am getting anxious about that one now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My great grandchildren came to me in a dream and asked me what I did while the world was unraveling. -Marcia Starck

My WISTful thinking...http://www.wists.com/flyraeven
muddy21
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2013 11:53:51 AM »

Like Mary Colleen, I had sparks for a partner and we got lucky!  She was delayed sending (it happens to all of us, really, one time or another) and she sent us each an extra flag to make up for the delay (totally not necessary, but absolutely appreciated!).

First, a picture of my two flags together...

And, the details -
the flag on the left is hard to describe and hard to photograph suitably, but it's wonderful, inspired perhaps by some moth photos on my blog and my love of nature.  The flag itself is vertical strips of varied depths and textures (I can't even quite see how she did it, to be honest  Huh) that resemble the bark of a tree.  The bark is overlaid with a green leaf with a wonderful wooly brown caterpillar with spiky orange hairs, as some caterpillars do have - you can even see a couple of holes in the leaf where the hungry thing has been munching!  The photograph picks up a lot of detail in the fabric strips, which the eye sort of blurs.  When you look at the flag in person it really has an uncanny resemblance to tree bark.

The second flag is a lovely tribute to the beauty and serenity of a sunny day on the ocean, which makes me look forward to the summer more than ever...

Thanks so much, sparks, I love them both and I'm so glad I didn't have to choose because I'm not sure I could have very easily.  Sorry for the delay in posting photos - the last week's been a bit hectic with power/internet outages and fractious furnaces.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013 11:55:05 AM by muddy21 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melissaurus
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2013 12:05:38 PM »

Still waiting for your flag flyraeven - but no worries! I'm sure it's wonderful and I am waiting eagerly for it! Mail from the US takes a while to get here, so I'm sure it will be here sometime.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2013 12:09:36 PM »

sparks, that it such a beautifully inventive and interesting tree/bark.  I love it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
littlehajerika
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2013 02:14:20 PM »

That tree bark is so neat! I'd love to know how she did it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2013 03:50:12 PM »

I agree, the tree bark flag is really neat!  What a great idea!  The caterpillar is perfect on it.  LOVE!
The ocean scene flag is beautiful in it's simplicity; it brings you right to that spot but leaves a lot to the imagination.  Nice job on both flags, sparks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Succulent Centerpiece
Embellishing Knit Scarves
How to Make a Yoga Bag
How to Make String Lamp Shades
How to Comb Paint to Make Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...