A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brother SE400 - Newbie here!  (Read 2828 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ivoryh1632
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013 05:46:18 PM »

Just got my first embroidery machine - Hubby got me the Brother SE400 for Christmas!  I'm so excited to get started with my new toy.   Cheesy

Anyone else have this model that would like to share tips & tricks?

I am thinking of getting the Brother SE400 for a birthday gift.

As an actual owner/user, would you say that it's a worth investing in?

Reviews on Amazon seem very favorable, which is normally a good sign.

I absolutely love love love mine. both for sewing and for embroidery, i think its definitely perfect for beginner embroidery, it does a good size and you can upload designs onto it so you can do a lot without having to buy one of the expensive embroidery machines. it sews beautifully, super smooth and quiet and has all the nice little stuff like the needle threader and cuts the thread for you. it comes with a bunch of feet which is nice and the cheapy "Distinctive" brand of feet from amazon fit on it so i don't have to spend a lot if i want other fancy feet. its fairly easy to use straight off the bat and i'm still learning new things, like last night i found out that it can do a pretty descent overlock with the cool overlock foot it came with, saved me a bunch of hassle. the only thing i can think of that's been a downside is sometimes the instructions take a couple times reading it through to figure it out and i haven't found a whole lot of tips and tutorials for it online so you might need a bit of patience when learning a new setting. but i'm seriously so happy i got mine and would recomend it to anyone
THIS ROCKS   Logged

merimarie
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013 08:23:31 AM »

I've had this machine for about 3 years now. I absolutely love it! It has so many features that definitely make it easier/faster to complete projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Novenastar
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013 08:55:18 AM »

I'll throw in another vote for this one.

Granted, I've mostly been making Urban Threads Freestanding Lace designs, but the few times I've done 'normal' sewing on it, the thing's a racecar rather than my old machine.

My mother is envious for one reason - the threading function. What I love is the drop in bobbin, because in my old machine you had to remove half of the base of the machine every time you wanted to change a bobbin, and here its easy peasy.

When you make different colors of embroidered lace, you have to change bobbins a lot, so I'm extremely grateful for this. And the needle threader. And the very very complete instruction book which helps so much!

N*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Osiris Cultist: Ohh. Fill the Jackal's head with OIL. Now it makes sense! At first I thought you said scalding hot 'voile'.
Osiris High Priest: What the hell is voile?
Osiris C.: It's a soft, sheer fabric. I warmed some up in the dryer.
Osiris HP: What kind of torture is that!?!
- Venture Bros.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oven Baked Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
Oven Baked Round Steak and Rich Gravy Recipe
Red Cinnamon Dinner Apples Recipe
Fiesta Corn Relish Recipe
Baked Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...