A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,117
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 417565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4050 on: February 10, 2014 01:28:54 PM »

Sorry that this is pic heavy, but I barely posted any photos all year, but the crafting was still going! Finally caught up to photographing everything I had remembered...

Knit Bear for my nephew and one of the tiny origami kimonos I made using some paper from Japan.

I co-hosted my nephew's baby shower with my mom. Here are the cupcakes, diaper cake, and hives I made for the bee theme.

Gift Tags for Xmas 2013

Market Bags for my niece's play kitchen.

Knit Socks for my nephew...who probably grew out of them immediately...

A Stitch costume I made from fleece for an Alien letterboxing event that I also wore for halloween. And a crocheted hat for my niece for her banana costume. The banana costume was made by my sister-in-law.

And now on to the massive amount of stamps I carved for letterboxing...

These are LTCs (Letterboxers Trading Cards) which are like ATCs but must contain a stamped image. The Pooh and Stitch stamp you already saw, but the kid was done by carving 5 stamps (body and limbs) and were carved just for this LTC.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4051 on: February 10, 2014 01:32:52 PM »

holy cow---I nearly fainted when I saw all of your stamps!  I love hand carved stamps...there are so many cute ones...I love the Chinese take out box one!

You did great in 2013...now get your butt over to 2014! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4052 on: February 10, 2014 01:44:30 PM »

Hahaha I know, it's a lot  Tongue I am kind of addicted. As you can tell I barely did any non-stamp related crafts. Letterboxing had taken over my life!  Grin

I am over at 2014, just not very active at present...I will try to work on that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4053 on: February 10, 2014 01:47:09 PM »

How many letterboxes did you find?  How many did you leave?  Do you have a favorite that you found?  What was the most interesting place you found one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4054 on: February 10, 2014 02:37:58 PM »

How many letterboxes did you find?  How many did you leave?  Do you have a favorite that you found?  What was the most interesting place you found one?

Okay, first I have to define a few things so that way you understand what the heck I am talking about...

Traditional - Found out in the wild. You follow clues to find them. This is the original type.
Hitchhikers/Fleas/Cooties - HH travel from letterbox to letterbox. Cooties travel from letterboxer to letterboxer (usually sneaked into someone's pockets or backpack ect as a surprise). Fleas are a hybrid that can do either.
Personal Travelers - They stay with the letterboxer at all times, but they are not the letterboxer's signature stamp that they use to log into logbooks to represent them. The letterboxer can require a certain task (like sing "I'm a little tea pot" or whatever they chose) or a passcode. Usually a lot are just given without a requirement.
Event Stamp - A stamp carved specially for a stamp that stays at "Event Central" for everyone to obtain.
LTCs - Letterboxer Trading Cards that are like ATCs but are required to contain a stamped image. Inchies and such are also under this category.
Postals - They are stamps that travel in the mail so a ring of letterboxers can enjoy them.
Other - Insert undefined whatever here....some examples: There are things called quisps that are hidden under the address label of postals. The first one was a shrinkydink of a stamped image. I have made wooden nickels with stamps and those could be considered an Other. I ordered carving supplies for a website owned by a letterboxer (stampeaz.com) and on the receipt they include a randomly chosen stamped image on it. You can cut it out and paste it into your logbook if you choose. That was considered an Other...

Okay, so here are my statistics to the best of my ability since I have not recorded a few as they are listed on another website. I started letterboxing 9/21/12... (F=found P=Planted)
Traditional - F300 (milestone hit saturday) / P15 (Have quite a few waiting to be planted once the snow is gone)/ Donated 6 / Adopted 1
HH/Fleas/Cooties - F18 / P51
Personal Travelers - F41 / P5
Event Stamp - F6 / P0
LTC - F3 / P3
Postal - F0 / P0
Other - F1 / P1

I have a LOT of favorites. Some are ones I have planted, but not my carves (I collaborated with a carver in FL and I planted, created puzzles, and clues). Another out of sentiment was the Flying Spaghetti Monster symbol (That was a Personal Traveler). There are 3 stamps locally of James Chamberlain the civil war hero. The bust of him and his wife along with his house was amazing. And at the LLBean event was a new favorite of the moose onsite that are locking heads.

Most interesting place...hmmm. That is hard to pinpoint. I loved J.N. "Ding" Darling Wildlife Refuge in Sanibel, FL.  The location of the US National Toboggan Championships (Camden, ME) is also interesting. Actually, I was at that on Saturday. I really liked the sand cemetery in Captiva, FL. That was definitely something you don't see everyday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4055 on: February 10, 2014 04:20:01 PM »

that is impressive, alisha!  My friend does this and it is way too complicated for me to grasp, but she loves it!  I am afraid that she is addicted but at least she has fun...it is a total subculture ...another world! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #4056 on: February 10, 2014 04:37:04 PM »

Given my recent stamp carving addiction, and my fondness for treasure hunts and bookcrossing, I signed up for that site, only to find there are 2 in my entire state. There are a couple more on another website, but all in the capital, nothing local. In fact, there isn't a terribly large amount in Australia at all.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4057 on: February 10, 2014 06:34:03 PM »

that is impressive, alisha!  My friend does this and it is way too complicated for me to grasp, but she loves it!  I am afraid that she is addicted but at least she has fun...it is a total subculture ...another world! Grin
It only seems complicated when you learn about every aspect all at once. In it's simplest form, it is just simply using clues to find a box that contains a stamp and a logbook. Stamp your signature image in the box's logbook to sign it, then stamp the box's image into your logbook so you can keep the image. Put the box back. That is really all it is. Everything else is just other flim-flam of the hobby. Do you happen to know your friend's letterboxing name? I may know who they are...

Given my recent stamp carving addiction, and my fondness for treasure hunts and bookcrossing, I signed up for that site, only to find there are 2 in my entire state. There are a couple more on another website, but all in the capital, nothing local. In fact, there isn't a terribly large amount in Australia at all.  Undecided
I do bookcrossing too Smiley I usually put the books in geocaches actually. You would be surprised how many letterboxes are actually in your area. On AtlasQuest the amount of letterboxes you see is directly relate to your find and plant count. For instance, I have set my letterboxes so the listings are only seen by people who are signed into AQ and have found at least 1 letterbox. A local letterboxer to me has a lot of letterboxes that will not show up until you have found 300. I know this only because she said so once. Now that I have hit 300 I will see more letterboxes I didn't before that were there all along! Also try going on letterboxing.org for more as well as googling your are with the keyword letterboxing as some people post clues in their blog. Also letterboxing groups on Yahoo Groups and Facebook sometimes post clues. As a general rule I just recommend AQ, but since you can only see 2, you may need more material...you should see more after you log your first find though as a lot put a restriction of 1 like I do. It helps keep your letterbox a little safer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4058 on: February 10, 2014 06:38:32 PM »

I am seeing 74 letterboxes in Australia with my current F/P count (with the settings to only show unknown and active statuses). You're right, that isn't many, but that should encourage you to plant some! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4059 on: February 11, 2014 06:13:49 AM »

I wonder how much crafting is done by lettercrossing?  It seems that you do a lot...do you know of other Craftsters that craft for this?

I know there is a group that does Random Acts of Kindness, yarn bombing, and large charity projects...this might be another subculture of Craftsters!!!

We might want to move this to a discussions board...maybe Friends of Craftster?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014 06:14:49 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef Gordon Struggles to Make Naan Bread
Bulgogi Tacos Recipe
How to Make Nam Prik Gaeng Kiew Wan
How to Make Coconut Sticky Rice
Learn to Make Nam Prik Noom
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...