A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 455001 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3940 on: December 21, 2013 11:21:19 AM »

trinalocakery,that is very pretty, and so meaningful,too.
freakiegeekie,like the salt it and burn it.
Stickerchic,that's a lot of projects!
Okay,last mirror for 2013! Post here. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430224.0#axzz2o7nCLQZd
That  makes 63.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #3941 on: December 22, 2013 03:56:08 AM »

CHALLENGE ENTRIES - Holiday themed, fall coloured (red), WIPs, somthing warm (socks) & Comfort foods Cheesy

I've also been busy.

3 little knitted stockings - 2 for presents and the pink is a commission for a work collegue:

A mini Dr who/winter theme hoopla for the 2013 hoop-along

and since it's xmas as usual I am baking more goodies than 2 people should be able to eat!  Grin - Iced gingerbread, Lemon & Lime Shortbread and Xmas spiced cookies:

Oh and I dont know if you remember me asking a while back if anyone thought I could use fabric markers on hand knitted socks? well the answer is , yes you can with a bit of patience. Behold, an Xmas gift for my sister, "Later Tartan gator" Tartan Socks:

and here's a quick 'in progress' shot.

I also managed to finish an old WIP from my list. I started this about 15years ago. I'm going to give this to my dad as a xmas present so I am having it framed right now, but here it is just after I washed & pressed it:

so thats 59/50 this year Smiley

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014 01:27:07 AM by bushbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

Personal swaps welcome Cheesy
kbrison
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3942 on: December 22, 2013 07:29:49 AM »

Bushbaby, I remember the gator you made for your sister last year. It was beyond awesome! Bet she'll love the coordinating socks. Now, how are you going to top yourself next year??? Cheesy

I've been crafting away and will do some photo-bombing in the next day or two. May wait until after Christmas since most are Christmas presents. Don't want to give away any surprises.

Happy holidays everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
180/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: December 22, 2013 08:36:53 AM »

Well, I am back, now that my partner has had her eye surgeries and can see again.  Yay!!

Everybody is doing some incredible crafts, and I haven't been keeping up, but I went back and looked at everything.

I have always wanted to try to make my own malted chocolate balls, so I thought I'd give it a try.  These are amazingly easy to make, and I am mostly happy with the results.  I will probably tweak the recipe until I have something a little better.

They taste just like whoppers that you buy, except that I used dark chocolate.  I also want to try a peanut butter layer next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #3944 on: December 22, 2013 08:38:50 AM »

Bushbaby, I remember the gator you made for your sister last year. It was beyond awesome! Bet she'll love the coordinating socks. Now, how are you going to top yourself next year??? Cheesy

Im hoping by then she will have had another book published so I have some new ideas to work with!  Roll Eyes

Oh, I almost forgot...I also made this for our best friends. They are buying their first ever house (the building work starts this month!) and we decided to get their 'house fund' started.  Grin

This was a plain paper house shaped box that I have decorated & turned into a money box. Each window shows on of their interests - baking, crafting and a music room. We are giving this to them with 50 1 coins in it as a surprise Smiley It stands about 8" tall.

that makes 60/50 for this year  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013 08:46:26 AM by bushbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

Personal swaps welcome Cheesy
stillatthetop
« Reply #3945 on: December 22, 2013 09:05:44 AM »

Wonderfully cool idea with the house fund box. And great job creating it. I will have to remember this one, for other friends who need to save for a "fund", and maybe modify it to fit the theme. Great share! Thanks.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #3946 on: December 22, 2013 05:26:17 PM »

I am not making sweets this year but I am hosting a new years eve party and decided to do appetizers so I have made a bunch of freeze ahead ones.
I got an amazing deal ($1 a pound) on all natural sausage after Thanksgiving and made sausage cheese balls as well as tiny sausage cheese muffins, gluten free beef meatballs and little mini muffin sized pumpkin spice and apple spice cupcakes.  I also stuffed a bunch of mushrooms and today made a dozen vegetarian pecan and green onion stuffed mushrooms and I will end up making mini quiches.
I am loving my mini muffin pans, I have two big 24 counts and one 12 count so 5 dozen at a time. 
The recipe for the sausage balls couldn't be easier,
1 pound of raw sausage
1 egg
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 cup of baking mix
1/2 a cup of milk
2 cups of shredded cheese
Mix the first 5 ingredients together then add the cheese and mix it in (it is easier to mix in 2  stages)
Either make meatballs or spoon into mini muffin tin and cook at 375 for 20-25 mins
Freeze on a cookie sheet then put in a zip lock and heat as needed.

Stuffed mushrooms are easy and nearly anything can go in them, the but ones are just 3 oz of diced pecans, one 8oz brick of warmed cream cheese, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan and finely diced green onions and the stems of the mushrooms, put the mushroom caps in the mini muffin pan and stuff the freeze and bag.  Bake frozen for 25-30 mins at 350

I am also making a spread of cooked and ground sausage with peppers, onions and mushrooms heated then I am adding mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and spooning it on to slices of fresh bell peppers (for gluten free) and on open faced mini buns that have been buttered and grilled.

I got some gluten free/msg free apple chicken sausages so I am going to bake them then slice them and bake chunks of granny smith apples and skewer them then quickly grill them just enough to sear them
The other skewer snack is caprese salad skewers, grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese layered on small skewers and a basil infused basalmic vinegrete reduction (1 cup vinegar, 1/3 cup brown sugar with a little finely ground basil in it then simmered down by half)
When I cook or heat and plate everything I will post pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3947 on: December 23, 2013 08:29:48 AM »

#81 Felt Xmas tree

styrofoam cone covered with felt circles & a pop can star on the top  Smiley the base is a litle plantpot and a scrap of hessian.

I've also made more hearts to pass on to friends.

I'm pretty sure I'm finished for 2013 now but you never know  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Renstar
« Reply #3948 on: December 23, 2013 11:12:25 AM »

OOO, I can now post some of the Christmas gifts I made for the 12 days swap:

Some little snowball decorations for the tree:

A Christmas wreath, a totally new challenge for me,

A table runner
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3949 on: December 23, 2013 12:58:47 PM »

It is great to see some last minute projects as we wind down 2013.  So many of you reached your personal goals and have made some awesome food, gifts, clothing, yarn goodies, paper goodies, stuff for the home, charitable items, fun and geeky items...wow!

I have been a bit remiss in keeping up on the thread publicly...lurking and watching as I plan for next year...BUT

first, unfinished business!!  The winnesr of the Sept-Oct challenge were never announced or given their prizes!  I guess I did it in my head...and none of you polite people said anything!!!

The random drawing winner was fantasticmio!

Since I was such a slacker, I decided to award three other mini-prizes:

boobkstore babe for completing 12 projects, most of them with unusual materials!

yoopidou for animated projects using unusual techniques and materials!

and finally, deathbeforedishes for completing a tedious WIP with all of those dang French knots!!

Congrats ladies...I will have some more prizes in a few days for the December drawings, the year end, special recognition, etc.

bushbaby...thanks for showing us that anything is possible...wowie...I am going to try out some sharpie socks...let us know how they are in the wash!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Make a Vidalia Sweet Onion and Crab Souffle
Making White Cheddar Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Grilled Cheese and Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe - American
How to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...