A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 452098 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kbrison
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3020 on: August 07, 2013 11:09:48 AM »

I think people post the best of their best and all of the projects seem so unique...I hate voting because  I think each one is special and well thought out for each challenge...

Mio, your blanket is no exception...it is simply beautiful and the technical, geeky side of me, just loves the design!  Charity?  really? wow---how could you give that up? But bless you for your charity work!

Says she who donates quilts for her local fire department to auction off. How can you give them up? I suspect it all comes down to having a loving and generous spirit. Bless you!

Made another market bag.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013 12:24:10 PM by kbrison » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
177/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3021 on: August 08, 2013 12:24:04 AM »

My entry for the craftster challenger is up now.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

Personal swaps welcome Cheesy
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3022 on: August 08, 2013 03:58:40 AM »

#56 is another dress.  This one has a ruffled tier at the hem and flutter sleeves inspired by my faourite dress as a kiddo  Grin
Embarrasing school photo of me and my favourite dress ( I was about 9 years old )

and my new dress

fluttery!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3023 on: August 08, 2013 06:58:44 AM »

aww--to be able to sew a detail from childhood memories...cute fluttery things (not sleeves, so not sure what they are called!)

bushbaby---whoa--wonderful backpack...I will need to read the full post Wink

kbrison--love your bag...so much that I made a couple from the pattern you linked...it looks squatty but it is because I wanted to photograph the lovely flower bottom!  This one was made for my mom.

Dishtowel holder and potholder...all of the crochet was done either before my hand injury or when I falsely thought my hand was healed (and paid for it!)...I am just getting around to posting pics...it is going to be another few weeks before I can take on serious projects like my afghan...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013 08:46:48 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SenatorOrgana
« Reply #3024 on: August 08, 2013 09:32:25 AM »

Whoa, fantasticmio, I love that blanket! And alwaysinmyroom - love the cute towel and potholder set!! I definitely need some new potholders; I'm so in awe of those of you who can crochet so beautifully! It's one craft I've never been able to get the hang of (and knitting, too).

So it seems I've strayed from my original list quite a bit... it's been a crazy summer, and I can't even keep track of everything I've done this year, but I'll try! Finished some stuff recently, so I'll start with the newer stuff.

1. Sewing machine cover (too big - but room to grow! Wink) - consider it my entry for the August challenge to make something for the home - made it a couple days ago!

2. Zippered pouch for zills (finger cymbals for bellydance), with bead embroidery

3. Mandala drawing - 6 month anniversary present for my BF (been working on it for the past 5.5 months!!  Cheesy)
(crappy phone pic, apologies!)

4. Lightsaber sculpey pen - made for a craft program at the library

5. Bellydance costume - belt. Embellished base belt with sew-on crystals and rhinestone cup chain.

6 & 7. Some micro-macrame bracelets. I've also made a bracelet and a pendant as gifts.

8. A ghawazee coat to use as a cover-up at dance performances

9. Herb garden! (does this count??) Finally started one. Right now I've got ginger, garlic, rosemary, lemongrass, and loads of mint. And an aloe vera plant. It's kind of overwhelming me, honestly, I don't know what to do with it all. It could also use a little work in the way of presentation.

10. A layered candle made of recycled old candle stubs - no pic, gave it away.

Well that's 10/50! We'll see if I can make it halfway by the end of the year. Maybe Christmas presents will be my redemption. Smiley Thanks for looking! Good luck to everyone else!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013 10:10:01 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: made some pics bigger so I can see » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3025 on: August 08, 2013 09:36:55 AM »

Nice ghawazee coat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #3026 on: August 08, 2013 10:08:05 AM »

Love the dancing projects...that zippered pouch is very cute...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3027 on: August 08, 2013 12:19:03 PM »

Bushbaby, love that the straps on your backpack are convertible. What did you use on the interior to make the bag so sturdy?

Kookaloo, you're turning into quite the fashionista. I hate sewing clothing for adults, so I truly admire your commitment.

Always, aha! So now I know why you haven't posted any of my blocks for the quilt block swap. You've been too busy crocheting!  Cheesy

SenatorOrgana, like that zill pouch and ghawazee coat, but love the macrame bracelets. They make me want to start doing macrame again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #3028 on: August 08, 2013 12:31:01 PM »

kbrison--nope--I am obsessed with the Crumb pattern... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3029 on: August 08, 2013 01:13:30 PM »

kbrison--nope--I am obsessed with the Crumb pattern... Grin

LOL  I know, me, too! I use those blocks as ending pieces as I work on the blocks for our swap. That way I'm conserving thread, but still getting work done on each project.

What size are you planning to make your crumb blocks? My new crumb blocks are going to be 10" finished, so the segments are 5 1/2" each. My first quilt used 3 1/2" segments to make the finished block 7" and each segment averaged 10+ fabrics. I'm making the new quilt blocks larger, so it will go together faster. But they still take a long time since I stitch, trim to 1/4" seam, and press every seam as I go. Usually I have a basket of in-progress blocks beside my machine. As I add a strip of fabric, I throw that piece onto my cutting board until I have a pile to trim. Once the seams are trimmed, I put the pile on my ironing board to press. Then they go back to my machine. It's a neverending loop. And I keep the trimmings from cutting the segments and use them to start new blocks. The only things that generally make it into my trash can are threads and lint!

Dh thinks I'm carrying the conservation bit too far, but what does he know? I think it's fun and challenging plus we'll ultimately have a warm quilt from the process. What's not to love?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Sushi-Inspired California Roll Burger
BBQ Chicken on the Grill Recipe
Flank Steak Recipe With Scallion Salsa
Fresh Apple Pie Recipe
How to Make Compressed Watermelon Slices Infused With Vodka
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...