A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
836 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 404864 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2490 on: May 23, 2013 08:11:22 AM »

You guys need to enroll in the SWAP ADDICT thread... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #2491 on: May 23, 2013 12:28:59 PM »

So I got another one finished off my list. This is a necklace I made for my Mum a year or so ago but she has never really like the clasp I used. So I have re-strung it with a new clasp she chose this time.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013 12:29:36 PM by bushbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #2492 on: May 23, 2013 12:36:12 PM »

Whoa -- so much stuff!  I'm going to need ot take the weekend and go thru all the pages.

Popping my head in quickly to let you know what I've been working on.  Some of the projects are part of long-term bigger projects....

Two years ago I had retaining walls poured at the front edge of the yard.  The plan was to tear up the scraggly sod, fill in the dirt and turn them into big garden beds right on the sidewalk.  Unfortunately, there was a big gap between the wall and the steps up to the house.  It took me 20 months to get around to fixing that, but here we are:
19. Retaining bed walls!
I probably made the whole process harder than it had to be, and it took me all day to dig out the footing, prepare the forms, and mix and pour the concrete.  

A little misshapen, perhaps, but theyre poured on rebar into the ground and the adjoining wall for better or worse, theyre not going anywhere!

And now, I can finally top up the soil and put in plants which Im sure my neighbors will be very happy about!

Just in time, as I went to our big garden swap last weekend, and picked up a lot of prime candidates to put in the new beds.  The swap is a big deal, (112 people this year) and I usually take a lot more than I bring back.

20. Plants for the swap

This is 3 of the 5 crates of plants I took to swap about 70 plants altogether.  All from my gardens at work and home.  You can see some of the plants in the foreground are potted up in pop bottles; I start scouring the recycling bin several months in advance.  At least its one more use out of the things!

21. Door prizes for the swap
We always have a ton of door prizes to kick off the swap; this terrarium was one of several I took.  (Im always picking up glassware at the Goodwill with an eye to terrariums)

Last year I took several dish gardens of succulents, that got snapped up right away.  This year I fancied them up a little with legs of varying heights.  Theyre large tuna cans, with flat head machine screws held in with washers but I thought they turned out rather nicely.  (They were among the first things chosen!) I think Ill make a few more for myself; perhaps finish them off with a coat of bright spray paint.

And of course, theres got to be food..
22. Desserts for the swap

The potluck is always a big part of the swap, and I decided to go with desserts, rather than my usual pulled-pork-in-a-crockpot.  Lemon icebox cake with lemon curd and whipped cream, and two chess pies.  Pleased to say, they disappeared pretty quickly, too!

Of course, my post wouldnt be complete without a few knit items, right?
23. Sunny Days Strimmas
Made for my friends 3 year old, out of handcrafters cotton.  Took about a week -- I love this pattern!  

24. Lilac Times Strimma
In fact, I love it so much, I made another, for a 2 year old friend:

(Heres a link to the patterns, if you want to try its dead-simple knitting.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/strimma )

And last but not least.
25. Kaylees Flight Cap
I actually made this back in January, but I misplaced it for a while.  Im a big fan of the criminally short-lived TV show Firefly and last year I found a knit-along on Ravelry for the show.  It got me thinking of things I hadnt seen on the show, but should have.  

I thought Kaylee, the homespun mechanic with a penchant for frilly things, would wear a flight cap like this.  Double knit with two different kinds of yarn, making up the pattern as I went along if Id just wanted a costume, it would have been easier to buy a surplus cap and embroider the flowers on it but I think I can knit anything!

Ive got a couple of things on the needle already, and more garden projects, and some furniture things I want to get to, and  back to crafting!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013 01:51:32 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2493 on: May 23, 2013 12:57:54 PM »

Wow, you've been busy!  Great things.  I love your new walkway pour, can't wait to see the new garden completed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2494 on: May 23, 2013 02:14:09 PM »

wow, yofi!  That must have been one incredible garden swap!  I love the little tuna can plants...and your walkway is a success...do you want to enter it in the big project challenge? Cheesy

I also adore the little dresses...knitted dresses are heirlooms...I hope they are passed down...what a lot of work!

I am so digging out the little glass containers my sister made me put in the Goodwill pile...I never thought to make terrariums out of them...I just thought they were for cotton balls... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #2495 on: May 23, 2013 02:51:16 PM »

It is an awesome swap, always; it started off more than a dozen years ago with a handful of people at a woman's house, and it's grown every year.  We've got an upstart fall swap a friend and I host that's going on 4 years, but so far we only have about 15 people.

Something about winter makes me obsess about terrariums.  I wish I'd taken pictures of the others I took to the swap.  I never spend more than $1 on the glassware, I use fish filter carbon pellets in the base, and put a layer of sheet moss around the outside so you can easily tell when they need more water.  I've also been having fun with little plastic figures from the model train store!

I just saw the challenge -- I may have a couple of large projects from the garden to enter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #2496 on: May 23, 2013 03:42:12 PM »

82.   Gloves
83.   Birthday earring

84.   Kushi earrings

85.   Plum cloche
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #2497 on: May 23, 2013 03:48:19 PM »

I love the colors you use!  So bold!  And the gloves are really really nice.  (I have a certain weakness for fingerless gloves.)

Do you starch the earrings?  Or how do you keep them from flopping?  They're pretty enough to almost tempt me into crochet....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #2498 on: May 23, 2013 05:01:24 PM »

yofi thank you. and I don't use anything, I don't like the way they feel after. I like my crochet earrings to be soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2499 on: May 23, 2013 05:55:01 PM »

GAH!  I have so many projects going!  But lots of them are swap projects!  I'm in the swap addicts group!  Or at least I should be. Wink  I wasn't crafting much since Dad passed in December so I was trying to get my crafty mojo going again.  I've gone swap crazy!  I think I'm going to finish up the IYP, Pinterest Swap and Yoga swap then take a break.  Unless of course the Make a Friend Swap were to start up.  Roll Eyes  In which, I'm screwed!  lol

I still have a bunch of projects from my list going.... just don't seem to actually be finishing them.  *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beading: Materials for Getting Started
How to Byzantine Chainmaille
How to Half Persian Chainmaille
How to Spiral Chainmaille
How to Examine a Diamond
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...