A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It! Join here and post your lists !  (Read 375795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1470 on: March 11, 2013 07:17:21 PM »

Whew! I just spent the last hour typing out a 3 page thorough tutorial on how to make your own screen printing frame and then how to print with it for this month's craftster challenge! Now I just have to document the process and take pictures pictures pictures! I think that might be for another day though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013 07:20:36 PM by sheepBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Modern Peeps Family by Lana

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1471 on: March 11, 2013 08:08:21 PM »

Under the mountain, your silverware jewelry is fantastic! The patina is very nice. Is your grandmother Japanese? My mother-in-law is Japanese; her name is Teriko (or Teruko? Not sure; she has gone by the Americanized "Terry" since she came here over 50 years ago.
My grandfather is from Japan and my grandmother is from Hawaii--but yes they are Japanese.  Smiley 

Wow--endymion--my mom is named Akiko...she goes by Kiko...yeah--she is way Americanized! Cheesy
What a coincidence.  My sis' middle name is Akiko.  I named Lana after her.  Smiley  Mine is atsuko, hence my former Crafsters name.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
J_Kieviet

« Reply #1472 on: March 11, 2013 09:26:42 PM »

I've never heard any of those names, very pretty names though.

I finally finished about 6 aprons today, alongside working on some swap stuff.  I've organizing a craft fair for the 23rd, so I want to get a few things made so I can donate them to the group I belong to so we can earn money for our trip to Calgary this summer.

I also finished my duffel bag but forgot to take pictures:( I'll take some when I get it back in June or July.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #1473 on: March 11, 2013 09:51:35 PM »

Under the mountain, your silverware jewelry is fantastic! The patina is very nice. Is your grandmother Japanese? My mother-in-law is Japanese; her name is Teriko (or Teruko? Not sure; she has gone by the Americanized "Terry" since she came here over 50 years ago.
My grandfather is from Japan and my grandmother is from Hawaii--but yes they are Japanese.  Smiley 

Wow--endymion--my mom is named Akiko...she goes by Kiko...yeah--she is way Americanized! Cheesy
What a coincidence.  My sis' middle name is Akiko.  I named Lana after her.  Smiley  Mine is atsuko, hence my former Crafsters name.  Smiley

you know, I could sit and listen to you and alwaysinmyroom talk about your Japanese heritage all day.  I'm just so fascinated by Japan, and I dream of getting over my fear of flying and visit that beautiful country some day.  it'd be even better if I knew how to speak the language.  Roll Eyes  I've become obsessed with miniatures recently (I've always loved them, but now I'm officially obsessed) and last night I went crazy when I found this adorable Japanese-style roombox that I want to make for myself.  Grin  I've even got plans for a cherry blossom tattoo, I had a weeping cherry tree (it was left at my home in Pennsylvania because, well, you can't really take trees with you when you move across the country, and it never would have survived in Arizona), ALL of my online user names have at least one Japanese word in them, my favorite video games are the ones from Japan, I love and collect manga and anime, I could go on and on.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
yoopidou

« Reply #1474 on: March 11, 2013 11:58:07 PM »

KraftyKarasu, cute Japanese miniature, you should make one inspired by it and show it to us. You could also learn some Japanese. All this talk of Akikos makes me think of the graphic novels and books that narrate the story of Akiko, a young Japanese girl going around the Universe. It's for kids, but it's great anyway.

Bushbaby, I love the colors of your fingerless gloves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1475 on: March 12, 2013 12:04:41 AM »

I've made some great things but I can't post them 'cause they're swap items. I need to finish all my swap stuff up so I can send it. The sooner I do that, the sooner I can show off the great stuff I've made! **grabs supplies and continues to work**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #1476 on: March 12, 2013 12:20:41 AM »

KraftyKarasu, cute Japanese miniature, you should make one inspired by it and show it to us. You could also learn some Japanese. All this talk of Akikos makes me think of the graphic novels and books that narrate the story of Akiko, a young Japanese girl going around the Universe. It's for kids, but it's great anyway.

oh I plan on making one...eventually.  Grin  as far as the language goes, I've tried, but I have such a hard time with other languages.  I nearly failed Spanish, and it uses mostly the same alphabet that English does.  Roll Eyes  I bought My Japanese Coach for the Nintendo DS, but I wasn't doing too well with it.  I have a hard time remembering what words mean, and don't even get me started on kanji.  it's like math when they decided to throw letters into the equations.  I can't afford Rosetta Stone, so that's out of the question.  maybe if I had a good teacher that actually gives a crap about their student(s) I could learn the language easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
katara

Where o' where can my scissors be??

« Reply #1477 on: March 12, 2013 04:41:17 AM »

I just finished quilling a cherry blossom card Smiley

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013 05:07:41 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1478 on: March 12, 2013 04:46:42 AM »

So pretty, katara!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog

I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Modern Peeps Family by Lana

« Reply #1479 on: March 12, 2013 05:38:13 AM »

Wow, beautiful paper quilling Katara!  Smiley

Krafty_Karasu, that miniature reminds me of my great uncle and auntie's place.  They were Japanese dancers and had a studio in both Japan and Hawaii.  We used to go to their home for all the family gatherings because it was the only space that could hold all of us.
Could you tell me more about  My Japanese Coach for the Nintendo DS?  I was thinking about getting the Spanish version.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grill Fails Mashup
How to Cook Perfect Burgers
Heavenly Hush Puppies Recipe
Homemade Grilled Pizza
How to Cook a Fire Island Inspired Meal
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...