A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
832 Guests and 49 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 403076 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1380 on: March 06, 2013 05:01:59 PM »

Krafty, the book shadowbox is amazing!
paperbeau, like the scarf! And now I'm craving bread.  Cheesy
kittykill, that's a fun piece of embroidery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #1381 on: March 06, 2013 08:35:35 PM »

thank you all!  Grin Grin Grin

and FreakieGeekie, I of course love your horse.  I love your Monster High doll too!  I can't wait to see everything done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1382 on: March 06, 2013 10:11:51 PM »

Thanks, KK.
My dad has an appointment at the VA tomorrow and there's a Michael's as well as a Hobby Lobby down the street from it so I'll be able to pick up the needle to root her hair! **excited**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 06, 2013 11:16:37 PM »

anybody wanting to see the adult-only felted soap with genitalia... the pic is posted now.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420236.msg4994953#msg4994953

It also qualifies as my first ever needle-felting project, as the "picture" was made and added later.

hijacked by alwaysinmyroom(moderator): FYI to all...if you want a direct link to a specific post, be sure to click the title on the POST, not the thread, then copy and paste.  It will take people to a specific post so they don't have to scroll down or anything!  Cheesy

Thanks for this update, ED...hopefully, the swap organizer will mark the pic MATURE! Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013 07:00:29 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
PaperBeau
« Reply #1384 on: March 06, 2013 11:53:06 PM »

paperbeau, I love the book. The sheets inside are so beautiful by themselves. The bread looks delicious, I am not drooling...no, no, it's not me!  Is your starter liquid or solid? I made one liquid once but lost it when I went on vacations. I am hesitant to start again since the the first one took me three tries to get it right.

Aww thank you. I went on a massive paper making binge when I first re-entered creativity just for pleasure (rather than creatively solving problems in my mathematics degrees) To begin with I wasn't so pleased with my sheets, but I'm growing to love them.

My starter (now, I was very haphazard with it, so I think perhaps you may have been over-cautious in re-starting your starter and I think you should definitely give it another go!)..

Day 1) 75g water 75g strong white flour into a kilner jar (mine is pretty big.. 1 litre or 2 litres.. bigger the better). Mix very well, like with a fork or a whisk. No clumps of flour allowed!
 Stick a piece of masking tape or draw a line where your mix comes up to.. this is so you can monitor progress and give you hope!

Day 2) stir it

Day 3 or 4 (when you remember) go ahead and add another 75g water 75g strong white flour. Mix mix! move up the masking tape.

Day 5,6,7) Stir everyday, and watch for bubbles. You might miss the actual rising because it could happen overnight, but you'll be able to see some residue of the mix on the sides, higher than your masking tape. That means it's working! I was adding in more flour and water every other day, and all of a sudden I got home and my starter had grown to bigger than the jar, and seeped out the sides and run all down my table. I was ELATED! hehe

I found a good trick after you've seen it's started to rise is to add in a bit of only flour or only water, whatever you need to get it to the consistency of muffin batter (quite stodgy).. because it can hold it's bubbles better that way, and I think the yeast that's growing in there likes to breath (but that might just be me).

As for holidays - I keep mine in the fridge, I think hooch (an alcohol liquid layer on the top) is fine, you can either mix it back in, pour it away or drink it (I haven't tried the latter). Also, dormancy is fine, no bubbles, no problem, just feed it a little flour and water, I go for 50g of each every 3 or 4 days after it's first week establishing. The only thing to be worried about is mould growing on the top. Then you have to start again, but as long as there is no yoghurt in your fridge during your holiday and the starter's lid is on tight, I'm sure you'd be fine for at least  a week.

I've popped this onto my blog too, and add some photos when I have good light.. so you can find it without trawling through the beautiful projects on this thread. http://paperbeau.weebly.com/3/post/2013/03/a-haphazard-sour-dough-starter-recipe-for-success.html

good luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1385 on: March 06, 2013 11:55:45 PM »

Ooh, Eclectic Dreamer, those things are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #1386 on: March 07, 2013 12:15:05 AM »

Thanks Paperbeau. You have convinced me, I will try again, it gave the bread a sour (tanguy?) flavor that we really liked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatthepuck

I don't know what's going on here.

« Reply #1387 on: March 07, 2013 07:04:44 AM »

Krafty_Karasu, that is amazing. I want to try my own book shadowbox now.

PaperBeau, your bread looks tasty. I've always wanted to make my own bread with a starter.

kittykill, I always love your embroidery.

FreakieGeekie, I love the rehairing. Some weird reason I find rehairing kind of calming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Pendant
Halloween in June
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1388 on: March 07, 2013 10:38:07 AM »

Found a small black desk clock with the battery cover missing at the Goodwill, and painted it up. With DH's glasses for size comparison.

Posted here, with a few more pictures.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421254.0#axzz2MryyxZ1o
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
cursive_queen
« Reply #1389 on: March 07, 2013 10:59:12 AM »

I love the clock rework bookstorebabe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Wedding Hair Advice
How to Create an 'Up Do' Hairstyle
How to Cut Rounded Bangs
Block Coloring a British (Bob Haircut)
How to Hold Hairdressing Scissors
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...