A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 407181 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1110 on: February 18, 2013 01:27:22 PM »

#2  Grin
This fabric is horrible stuff, some sort of vintage polyester that I got from a charity shop. I'm phobic about birds but the peacocks on this are abstract enough for me to like it and now I've found the perfect project for it I LOVE IT  Grin it sparkles too  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1111 on: February 18, 2013 02:09:02 PM »

Seeing all of the nice clothing makes me want new clothes!

Love your badges, waggonswest...they always look so professional!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #1112 on: February 18, 2013 02:25:03 PM »

Those are really beautiful, cinnamon teal!  How long do the bug decorations take you?

Thank you! The bugs took around an hour each.

Wonderful mugs Cinnamon.  You should be able to grind off the shards sticking to the bottom...unless you glazed the inside center.  Strange that this happened...

Thanks, UTM! Sorry, I think I was a little unclear. The shards are stuck to the inside of the mug, not the foot. So yeah, stuck in the glaze where you would put your beverage. I think somehow a piece of greenware got put into the glaze firing.

Cinnamon Teal, I love all your pottery. I think the leaf is my favorite. I hope you can still use them! I remember maaany years ago in high school and doing pottery in art-and the teacher messed up when firing them, kiln wrong temp or something. Everyone's projects kind of...melted? She hung up the tray with the distorted pieces on the wall as an art piece, and gave us all A's. What else could she do? Cheesy

Thanks! And... Ahahahaha! That's hilarious! Love that you all got A's. I bet she used a low temperature clay on a high temperature setting. The tray with the melted pieces sounds awesome. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1113 on: February 18, 2013 04:08:32 PM »

w00T!! (picture me jumping up and thumping the air) Finally I finished the jumper for DS2.

Pictures to come when he's awake Smiley

Always - you really should have a go at felting - it is SO easy, and small starter packs are easy to come by if you don't have any fleece (or know anyone else who has any Smiley)

Cinnamon Teal - it was me who asked about wheel or hand built. Such a shame that someone put a piece of greenware in a glaze firing. Not done much ceramic work, but I would be gutted if my little dragon got damaged cos of something like that. Such a shame that such beautiful objects can't be put to use.

Continue to be amazed by the projects being posted, both the number and the incredible range. The depth and breadth of talent on display is awe inspiring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #1114 on: February 18, 2013 06:35:54 PM »

Aw, that is such a bummer CT.  Maybe they can be repurposed as a pen cup or plant holder...they really are lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Helcura

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1115 on: February 18, 2013 11:06:37 PM »

LOVE the color - beautiful work.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #1116 on: February 19, 2013 01:07:07 AM »

I work for a promotion company, we promote Gothic, Industrial and EBM shows in the Northwest, one of the things I actually love doing is throwing after parties and hosting bands over night at our house.  This weekend I hosted 5 people and actually enjoyed it as we now have the routine of set up down, same with throwing after parties, once you do it a few times you can breeze through one.  We hate wasting stuff so we have been collecting reusable plastic dishes, cups, glasses and real silverware as we would rather wash than toss.  One of my goals is to collect a bunch of plain shot glasses at thrift stores and glass paint the rims like blood.
Anyway the band bought a bottle of SKY vodka (nice stuff) and left me about half a pint because I had asked for the cobalt blue bottle thinking they would finish it.  I don't drink much and I drank too much this weekend, which for me is less the entire weekend than most guests drank at the event/after party, and I really didn't need 8 short shots of vodka.
So of course I made 3 small spray bottles of vodka/essential oil air freshener out of it to take temptation out of the way   
Anyway while it may not be very "Rocker" of me it was very "Craftster" and I can live with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1117 on: February 19, 2013 06:38:23 AM »

gasp--you used Sky vodka for air freshner? lol Remind me to bring the cheap stuff to your parties Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #1118 on: February 19, 2013 10:29:43 AM »

gasp--you used Sky vodka for air freshner? lol Remind me to bring the cheap stuff to your parties Wink

Lol yeah, by the time I did it there was about 4 oz but I thought it was funny.  Here it is $22.50 for 1000ml which they said was a good price
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #1119 on: February 19, 2013 12:59:42 PM »

I get stuck offline for four days, and there's only 4 pages to catch up on? You guys must be slipping - or just not chattering as much, since I saw many lovely projects in my manic catch up with the kids eat breakfast.

I've past 200 rows with my scarf, somewhere around 800 to go, but I'm quite ahead of schedule from not having a computer/tv/lounge room for 4 days.  Cheesy

I did get these KNIT fingerless gloves done for my niece though:

She was so happy with them she spent half the party inside, under the airconditioner, so the 35C (95F) and above temps wouldn't stop her from wearing them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Top Outerwear Trends For Fall
4 Parisian Inspired Looks For Fall
Mark Fast - London - Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
You Can Rock Designer Fall Fashion Trends For Less
Style Sound-Off: Miley Cyrus, Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...