A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,483
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 423096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #790 on: January 30, 2013 12:40:53 PM »

SilverMoon, I love your job!!!  I have quite a similar one, except sometimes my bosses don't let me crochet as much as I would like, lol.  I am another one whos house has seen better days.  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Tanath
« Reply #791 on: January 30, 2013 01:16:33 PM »

SilverMoon - I also have a similar job, part time Smiley
We're at the "Mommy, what are you doing?" phase, and everything I've made lately has been claimed. So, she has a new necklace and we're almost done making a bracelet. She helps by handing me the beads one at a time (she's almost 2). Today I saw her putting the tail end of a string in her mouth and then trying to put a tiny bead on the string, like I did earlier. I think I need to find some big beads for her to play with.
Always - I just took a look at the first page and noticed my beaded star is marked as a complete WIP from last year. It's actually freshly done, start to finish this year. I think it's still eligible, because I made it for me, to learn a new pattern. I already made 4 more, in different sizes, maybe I'll have 50 by the end of the year Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
StickerChic87
« Reply #792 on: January 30, 2013 02:58:13 PM »

Yay! Some stuff I've finished.

Topic here

Topic here on both

Topic here

Topic here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #793 on: January 30, 2013 03:59:30 PM »

stickerchic87-
That mug rug is really cute.  And i think its so sweet that you make them for your mom for different holidays.  My mom loves flags, so ive bought her a plethera of holiday flags.  But, now Im thinking i need to make her holiday mug rugs.  Are they fairly easy to make?  Do you use any special batting?

Also I love your ginger avatar.  Cracks me up everytime I see it.  I tend to think of myself as a Weasley, instead of a ginger now though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #794 on: January 30, 2013 04:09:54 PM »

Stickerchic, I love your shrinky dink postcard bracelet!

I mostly count everything I make, swap items, too. But last year I must have made close to 50 book thong style bookmarks, and I just didn't feel right counting them as 50-odd projects, since they weren't that hard to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code CRAFTSTER for 10%
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #795 on: January 30, 2013 04:28:38 PM »

So glad I'm not the only SAHM whose house has seen tidier days  Grin lol. Mine are quite happy (usually) for me to do other things whilst supervising, but atm DS1 just wants to sit on my lap and watch me playing games (he tells me off if I'm not playing!!!)  Shocked

Last year I included everything I did and that included each item for a swap, so 4 swap items was 4 projects (got just over the 50 mark last year), however this year doing things a bit differently - doing a lot more art journalling, including the Calendar Challenge, and not counting each individual page. The Calendar Challenge is 12 pages, but still counting it as one project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #796 on: January 30, 2013 04:54:43 PM »

I count swap items too.  If I make multiple of one thing at one sitting (not really but you know) then I'll count it as one, otherwise its all counted individually
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 30, 2013 05:32:48 PM »

rottenlittleboys, if it helps, I am one who joins knowing the chances of getting to 50 are quite slim.  I'm a grad student and am in the lab 70+ hours a week.  But I know that joining helps me be more focused and motivated than I would be otherwise.  I know it's hard not to compare your output with others, but for me at least I just have to remember how different my life is from many others on this board (no disrespect AT ALL to the SAHMs - not saying my life is better, just different  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #798 on: January 30, 2013 05:36:37 PM »

So glad I'm not the only SAHM whose house has seen tidier days  Grin lol. Mine are quite happy (usually) for me to do other things whilst supervising, but atm DS1 just wants to sit on my lap and watch me playing games (he tells me off if I'm not playing!!!)  Shocked

SilverMoon, I love your job!!!  I have quite a similar one, except sometimes my bosses don't let me crochet as much as I would like, lol.  I am another one whos house has seen better days.  lol

So glad I'm not the only one. ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #799 on: January 30, 2013 05:52:12 PM »

Are they fairly easy to make?  Do you use any special batting?

Oh yeah. Just quilt batting scraps, or you could use an old towel, washcloth, or blanket too. You just pick what you want for your front and back, sandwich a piece of batting in between, quilt as desired, trim, and bind. Or if you dont want to bind, you can quilt the front to your batting, and then face your front w/batting to the right side of your back, stitch and turn inside out, and then topstitch around the edge. The back wont be quilted, but it helps on those days where you just dont feel like binding. Wink Hope that made a little bit of sense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit an iPod Cover
How to Make a Tissue Paper Shamrock
Color Coordinate Your Stamp Projects
Clean Your Stamps
Stamp Basics
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...