A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,426
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 730826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #630 on: January 22, 2013 12:52:47 AM »

Love all the projects! Those tins are great!!

I am finally able to post some pictures!!

I made my first multimedia piece - it took me a lot longer than I expected, but I am pleased with how it turned out!
In the 2012 craft-a-long I posted some painted papers that I made:
I used them (plus one or two more) and made this:

The quote is: "And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair" ~Kahlil Gilbran

Here is a closer view of the flowers

I finally etched! (I posted about it and the disaster I had while trying it here).

Some bookmarks made with random repurposed jewelry:

These are going to go to a little girl who loves hair goodies - the bead one was made in 2012 (It frustrated me at the time so I don't think I ever counted it  Roll Eyes ). I painted the bobby pins with nail polish. The three flowers in the back are not completed and will be used in a different project. I think I will also make a ribbon hanger for these, but we will see if I have the time.

I finally finished the angel necklace for my mother-in-law! The little angel with the purple bead has a loose jump-ring placed over the bead head so it looks like it has a loose halo. I think it is my favorite part (which no one will ever see without it being pointed out!)

and a snowman necklace for my sister-in-law (small photo since it isn't very exciting)

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
« Reply #631 on: January 22, 2013 12:58:25 AM »

Super cute bookmarks!

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 22, 2013 02:41:23 AM »

DawnsTrees i love all your projects! great job!

While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #633 on: January 22, 2013 03:22:38 AM »

Love the angel necklace! Are they different colors for a reason? Do they represent children or grandchildren? Love the halo on the purple one!

Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #634 on: January 22, 2013 06:23:08 AM »

Yes, sheepblue--I entered you into the challenge because I knew those bags were WIPS from 2012! Wink

Mio--you come up with the most interesting crochet patterns and colors, even if they are "fails"!

llisaredd--Love your twine tins!  Perfect way to have those pencils and markers ready to go!

dawnstrees--your paper from last year with the flowers is just beautiful!!  I also love your etchings...

And, just FYI, Missmoppet chose to receive a couple of ravelry knitting patterns as her random drawing prize!  Such cute patterns, that I hope to see posted here! Cheesy

Here is the prayer flag I made for a swap--mixed stuff--inks, canvas, batik, thread, stone button, twig, etc.:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013 06:25:19 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #635 on: January 22, 2013 07:29:10 AM »

fantasticmio, I really like your interesting layouts!  I am trying to learn to crochet, and hope to do my first granny square today. I've pulled out (frogged??) the others I've been practicing on.   Cheesy

I've finished a couple of projects, just need to get pics up. 

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 22, 2013 07:36:28 AM »

always that flag is beautiful. i pin it!

no actual finished object yet but the blanket i am knitting is about to finish. i already started another one with the left over yarn...

BUT I cut the length of my hair and cut bangs. this is something i'd never dare before. it turned nice (thank god!), i also sat down and hennaed my hair as my white hair was showing disgustingly (bad genes Sad ) i don't know if this counts as a project but here it goes:

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #637 on: January 22, 2013 08:18:25 AM »

Oh yes, for my prize in this swap I recieved two awesome ravelry patterns.  I am super excited to get to making them.  And post them in this thread too.  Thank you kindly alwaysinmyroom! 
The patterns are on Ravely and so lovely!  1-Arachnid. by Karen Fournier and 2-The Failynn Fox Cowl by the velvet acorn

Also, I love that prayer flag alwaysinmyroom.  I actually had no clue what one was and now seeing it, its so pretty.

Okay, I now have a project to add to the contest.  I actually did it earlier this year and totally forgot about it.  But it definanlty counts.  Its a project for myself yet, its also a way to store/display tiny little yarn balls of random yarn.  I took our old gumball machine, made tiny yarn balls out of scrap yarn and ta-da!  Scrap yarn storage for the home and a craft project for me.  Well, for the house but, you get the idea.

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #638 on: January 22, 2013 08:22:56 AM »

Oooohhhh, I love that fox cowl missmoppet!!  Can't wait to see you make it!

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Mamas Creations on Facebook
« Reply #639 on: January 22, 2013 08:24:11 AM »

Here is the hoody I made for my Mom.  Began as a Christmas present but finally got finished last night.

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...
Countdown to Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...