A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 425957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #560 on: January 19, 2013 11:23:44 AM »

I finally have something I can post!!!!  Of course, none of it is on my list, but thats because these are from a swap.  Most of you know I'm really a crocheter, but I wanted to do something different so I gave painting a go.  I've seen these heart ponies from My Little Pony all over and they're so cute, but I wanted one made of Spike, so I came up with this.

I LOVE how it came out!!! He was so hard to let go.  I can see some little mistakes all over it, but I tried my best.

I also made her 2 MLP amis, one Big McIntosh

and one Pinkie Pie, would you believe her hair is yarn???  It took me forever to do.  First I attached the yarn with the latch hook method, then I brushed it all out with a wire brush, then ironed it.  I totally meant to take a pic of that but forgot.  It actually looked like actual MLP hair!!!!  Then I used white glue and twisted it all up to look like curls.  I love how it came out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #561 on: January 19, 2013 11:32:34 AM »

The painting an ponies turne out super mama24boyz.  When I was little i LOVED the my little ponies.  My favorites where the my little pony brothers though, and I had their friend Spike too.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
lydiaharper
« Reply #562 on: January 19, 2013 12:02:35 PM »

Very cute MLPs!  DD loves MLP, but we have never watched the show/movie!  She just loves the pretty ponies.  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #563 on: January 19, 2013 12:28:55 PM »

Welcome sheldini! Love your list - may be borrowing some of your ideas! Do you by any chance have a picture for your inspiration for the shrink plastic sandwich bracelet? It sounds fascinating!

mama24boyz - Love the MLPs and Spike! Super cute!

tinybits - such a cool baby blanket - love the colors!

Silvermoon - definitely feeling your pain here. Still haven't really finished anything and am planning to start another project today because, well... shiny!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #564 on: January 19, 2013 01:56:37 PM »

I am counting the projects I am building for craft organizing so here are my paint holders made from wire grids from shelving units (I have tons but can never find connectors so this is a good use)

Next I will be making this 12x12" paper storage rack, maybe 2, with the grids and zip ties
http://www.em-il-ie.com/2008/06/genius-idea-make-your-own-paper-storage.html

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013 01:59:36 PM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
whatthepuck
« Reply #565 on: January 19, 2013 02:33:02 PM »

I love the Spike painting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Sept ATC
OTT October Holidays
Fall/Character Ninni

Anyone interested in a Hockey Swap[
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #566 on: January 19, 2013 03:35:22 PM »

I love the Spike painting too. He was my favourite character out of the old 80s movie, well, second favourite, because I loved the Smooze the best. I know that you aren't supposed to cheer for the bad guy, but he/it had the best song in the whole movie. Danny DeVito as the King of Grundles was pretty awesome too though.

Miss Seven has inherited my love for MLP, and my old collection, but we don't do FIM in this house. I don't believe in reboots. Ponies shouldn't have anime eyes. But she does have a few of the new ones from before they went manga.

Yup, I'm a hard ass. Master Eight isn't allowed to watch Voltron Force either. Quite happy to get him the original though.

I got 2 and a half of the mini books I was working on finished, just waiting on glue to dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #567 on: January 19, 2013 03:56:43 PM »

I am counting the projects I am building for craft organizing so here are my paint holders made from wire grids from shelving units (I have tons but can never find connectors so this is a good use)

loving all the projects - and this is right up my ally so giving it a shout out - great upcycling! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #568 on: January 19, 2013 04:13:49 PM »

Miss Seven has inherited my love for MLP, and my old collection, but we don't do FIM in this house. I don't believe in reboots. Ponies shouldn't have anime eyes. But she does have a few of the new ones from before they went manga.

Yup, I'm a hard ass. Master Eight isn't allowed to watch Voltron Force either. Quite happy to get him the original though.

I know right!  I hate how they remade the my little ponies from the 80s.  Sheesh!  And the redid the GI Joes too!  Arg!  Luckly our kiddo is into the classics.  He loves all the 80s cartoons and the 90s.  But if its a remake hes always "Geesh!  What the deal with cartoons now days?!  And the Bratz cartoon?!  Why on earth would parents let their girls play with toys and watch a cartoon called Bratz?  What kind of message is that sending to them?"  Yup, my thoughts exactly kiddo. 

Anyways, craftwise, my brother in law found out hes having a boy-so Im making boy items for him.  Hes a hunter too.  So Im making a amigurumi deer now.  And I plan to make some John Deer bibs too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #569 on: January 19, 2013 04:27:00 PM »

Next I will be making this 12x12" paper storage rack, maybe 2, with the grids and zip ties
http://www.em-il-ie.com/2008/06/genius-idea-make-your-own-paper-storage.html

This looks great!  How did you get the two grids to stay apart?  Are there supports to hold them and if so, how far apart are they? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marsha Ambrosius Talks Leather & Layering With VIBE VIXEN
Web Deals This Cyber Monday
High Fashion: Most Fun And Functional Boots
Hot Fashion Trends: Jackets And Blazers
4 Unexpected Ways to Wear Plaid
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...