A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It! Join here and post your lists !  (Read 376083 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2013 03:22:49 PM »

Wow I had heaps of pages to read through. Everything looks awesome!! I really need toblearn to knit or crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
yoopidou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2013 03:43:26 PM »

Those baby socks look great. I like how you did not use baby colors for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2013 03:49:38 PM »

Last year at Xmas I made capes for all my nieces and nephews out of tshirts, but the eldest was disappointed with his - too old for dress up I guess. I promised him a pokemon, but never got around to finishing it. I've used the yarn for other things, so last night I made a little dude out of the one piece I'd managed to make, that was floating sadly around my WIP bag.

It was just a case of hooking up a moustache, and sewing on some googly eyes and some eye brows, but at least it won't make me feel guilty any more!

So, even though he didn't end up being a Pokemon, Mr Ovoid still counts as a completed WIP, right alwaysinmyroom?

i keep saying the same thing that I don't like sock knitting but I keep buying sock yarn and knitting them for others.

I have a sock yarn addiction, but I don't make socks. I just like the long colour runs of self striping yarns. Especially the rainbow ones. But then, everyone who was in this thread last year already knew that right?   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2013 05:31:56 PM »

Hey,  This is a bit off-topic but it relates to one of my crafty cooking projects.  I need some recipe/menu suggestions from my Australian friends. 

I promised my friend that I would create a menu around whatever wine she picked and we would have a swanky dinner party.  She picked an Australian red.  I can't find any good resources for pairing it with Australian foods.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2013 05:43:39 PM »

We do not really have an national foods. What type of red is it?? Pavlova is considered Australian, one of my friends has a vegiemite stir fry (thank god it does not taste like vegimite) I do not know if roo is available, but you can always try that. Croc is nice.

What type of red is it?? I will talk to a few people I know and see if we can find something that will go nicely. Are you or your friend vegan or vegitarian??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
waggonswest

« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2013 05:47:30 PM »

Awesome.  No dietary restrictions.

Paringa
David Hickenbotham
Shiraz

I got the Pavlova already covered.  It is the rest of the meal that has me stumped.  Thanks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
DawnsTrees
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2013 06:13:19 PM »

Love all the gorgeous yarnie stuff! I tend to collect yarn because I love the idea of it, but am just not very good about doing anything with it...

tinybits - That afgan looks gorgeous!

leather and lace - can't wait to see how your binding! I have found that I am not very patient when it comes to hand-binding, but I certainly love them!

SilverMood - Mr Ovoid is super cute! I am sure that your nephew will love him!

I have been doing a lot of crafting, but not getting anything done... I have now created six new WIPs that I have put aside to "think about" since they were not coming along as I had envisioned, and am only getting close to finishing one item. I console myself with the thought that I am setting myself up to complete WIPS if the WIPS challenge returns! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
tinybits

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2013 06:40:29 PM »

I am on ravelry and people there always talk about knits in the movies. mind you i am a serious knitter since 2004 (thanks craftster!) and not once I give much thought about knits in the movies. I listened to the audiobook of the series a couple of years back and refused to watched the movies till recently. I don't know why but they started to sound so appealing all of a sudden so i got all the DVDs and watched over 3 days. If it wasn't for the ravelry I wouldn't have notice the mittens Bella was wearing in the first movie. I didn't even notice the knit scarf she was wearing in the same movie until i turned to ravelry to find more twilight inspired items.

thanks everyone complimenting on my afghan..

yoopidou, i really don't like the options they have for baby yarn, white with pastel colors for girls and blue and white variations for boys. it gets boring.. The cardigan I am knitting for him is grey tweed, he will be like a lil grandpa Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 10, 2013 08:02:48 PM »

alwaysinmyroom: I went and looked at glossy acrylic finishing spray at Hobby Lobby, but after discussing it with an employee... I decided to try my high-gloss decoupage finishing spray which I already had at home. So far, looks great. Just apparently it needs 24 hours to dry.... looks dry and feels dry to the touch, but... "hard touching" smudges up the surface so far. Not the paint part: just the gloss part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #369 on: January 10, 2013 08:08:26 PM »

I am obsessed with the yarn items in movies and tv shows...but only if I like the show..like the afghans in True Blood or the scarves in Dr. Who...Cheesy

I think when you knit or crochet, you notice those things more...

Silvermoon...yeah, we'll count your WIP! Cheesy

waggonswest--ha ha you might be able to find crocodile in the US but I doubt if you can find kangeroo! Cheesy  Maybe you could make some meals substituting chicken or pork? Cheesy

ED--I forgot about that spray!!!  I have a huge can of artist fixative spray that gives a nice shine after it dries...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Furry Inch Worms for Kids
How to Make a Baby-Proof Photo Ring
How to Make Handmade Dolls
How to Make Applique Baby Bibs
How to Restore an Old Family Photo Album
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...