A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 404241 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2013 07:18:58 AM »

wow, this thread is moving really fast!  It's hard to keep up.  Lovely stuff so far though!

missmoppet - you may be able to use speedball screenprint ink with the Yudu - it comes in larger containers and I think works out to be cheaper than the Yudu inks.  Your shirts came out great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2013 07:21:48 AM »

Yeah, I always wondered about them too.  But this year with the inlaws gift cards and the yudu at only $99 I thought I would try it.  It really is fun.  I kept thinking-how in the world does that thing work?  But when it arrived and I read the manual I was like "Oh!  Thats how the thing works!  It really is easy!"  ha ha.  After my dear hubby seen how crisp and professional the yudu does prints, he now wants me to screen print all the employees some work shirts now even.  They only thing I would say though-is that i realized the supplies for the yudu can be a bit pricey.  So my advice would be to wait for a sale to buy it.  I seen Joanns was having a sale all yudu supplies was 50% off.  So, thats how I bought my supplies.  The inlaws us all sent visa gift cards-so that made it nice as i was able to purchase a nice amount of supplies and the yudu machine all at 50% off.
I use a YUDU too. I actually don't use any of their supplies which I find way too expensive. I use Speedball photo emulsion which is slightly messy but allows you to pull to every edge of the screen and therefore allows more screen surface! A bottle is good for multiple screens and way cheaper (and I had major problems getting the yudu photo emulsion sheets to stick to the screens, did you find this too?). I just normal Speedball ink for screening, I found it stains the screens less than the YUDU ink did too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
DawnsTrees
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2013 08:13:05 AM »

Love all the projects so far! I am feeling a bit behind in my photo postings, but I didn't get as far along as I had hoped this weekend so all of my projects are partially done - I have 5 or 6 in progress right now - can't seem to just focus on finishing one!

AlishaMisha - lip balm is a good idea! I haven't made any in ages... need to see how much supplies would cost since that one is not in my current stash...    I am sure that your aunt had good intentions, but, yeah. That would have been a mess!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2013 09:19:56 AM »

Spiral Hex the fourth!  (To answer a question you may have... I'm aiming for 8 of these this month. Tongue)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2013 09:37:52 AM »

Spiral Hex the fourth!  (To answer a question you may have... I'm aiming for 8 of these this month. Tongue)

Can't quite believe how fast you are churning these out! Huh! They are awesome  Cheesy

Struggling to get DS1s jumper finished (back and 3/4 front done) but keep getting distracted (this board going SO fast doesn't help  Roll Eyes Cool) and my anxiety disorder kicking off again - probably because of the holidays, any break from routine (especially with the boys) thats longer than about a week makes me struggle Sad so dreading the summer already.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2013 09:43:49 AM »

The beard for my BIL was a hit!  Here is him wearing it Friday night:

He wore it all night long, except when we ate ice cream.  Though he did require a straw so he could drink his soda.  ^_^

My other BIL was so jealous and would sadly say "Jill, I want a yarn beard".  So, I whipped him up one on Saturday, since I had nothing better to do (except clean the house, but who wants to do that?  Psh, not me!).  I took it with me on Sunday to church and gave it to him then. 

And here's what it looks like from the inside:

Yeah, I'm totally making more of these.  They are way too much fun!  Plus, I have enough yarn left over to make at least one more black beard and one more brown beard.  ^_^  I want a red/brown one for myself.  So far 2013 has been very beardy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2013 09:56:08 AM »

Jillybeans-those beards are so neat!

smashu and cursive_queen-thanks for the tip on the speedball inks and the emulsion too.  I was shocked at the cost, so I will most definantly look into those. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
PaperBeau
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2013 10:00:08 AM »

I've always wondered about the Yudu machines.  I've done the tights and Mod Podge before, it will get the job done, but it takes a little practice to get it really clean.  My boyfriend totally made me pin those shirts to his "crafts to make for him" board for swaps.  Smiley

Yeah, I always wondered about them too.  But this year with the inlaws gift cards and the yudu at only $99 I thought I would try it.  It really is fun.  I kept thinking-how in the world does that thing work?  But when it arrived and I read the manual I was like "Oh!  Thats how the thing works!  It really is easy!"  ha ha.  After my dear hubby seen how crisp and professional the yudu does prints, he now wants me to screen print all the employees some work shirts now even.  They only thing I would say though-is that i realized the supplies for the yudu can be a bit pricey.  So my advice would be to wait for a sale to buy it.  I seen Joanns was having a sale all yudu supplies was 50% off.  So, thats how I bought my supplies.  The inlaws us all sent visa gift cards-so that made it nice as i was able to purchase a nice amount of supplies and the yudu machine all at 50% off.

Wow - that is a great deal Smiley I would love to give this a go, I'm not sure if they sell these here in the UK. I had a go silk screening once at a t-shirt supplier when I was picking up some personalised t-shirts. I loved it!! Might try with the tights first and work my way up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2013 11:01:14 AM »

Ok I am now so jealous! I added this pattern to my list after seeing your 1st one, but after an hour of swearing and getting grumpy I think I am going to have to take it off my list  Angry - I just dont get how this pattern is supposed to get started!  I really havent done that much crochet so that could be part of the issue, but I just dont follow what the pattern is saying.

Ah well. At least I tried  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2013 11:08:11 AM »

jillybeans your beards are freaking AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Sweet And Spicy Chocolate At Home
Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shots
Pancake Recipes for National Pancake Day
Why Are People Clamoring For The Polish Pastry Puczkis?
How to Make Fannie Farmer’s 1896 Brownies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...