A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 404115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PaperBeau
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2013 02:26:34 AM »

I finished two screen print shirts.  My first and 2nd attempt at screen printing so Im very pleased that they look so crisp.

missmoppet - they are brilliant! What method did you use? Did you get the real deal equipment? This is definitely a skill i want to learn this year, although I was thinking to go for tights and glue for now! - bad move?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013 02:29:25 AM by PaperBeau » THIS ROCKS   Logged

endymion
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2013 02:34:38 AM »

Skittlebub -- no pattern for the wreath flowers. All just quick freehand things.

• For the sweater flowers, just cut a wavy circular spiral and then roll it up. 
  • For the loopy felt flowers, fold a strip of felt in half lengthwise and glue just one edge. Cut slits in the free edge (from the fold toward the glued part) about every 1/4 inch, and the roll the strip up. 
  • For the eyelet, lace, and tulle flowers, hand-stitch and gather one edge of a strip of fabric or trim (single thickness OR folded in half lengthwise) and put a button or other embellishment in the center. 
  • I also cut a few 5-petal flower shapes and stuck things (like felt balls or other things) in the center. 
  • At least one of the flowers was a purchased craft store clearance item from my stash, rather than handmade by me. I really raided my stash for tidbits of stuff to put on my wreaths!

Hope this helps -- let me know if you need better instructions on anything.

The sticker resist painting and superhero ornaments are great-- I'd not seen those techniques before. Both look like they would be fun for the kiddos! The Jack Skellington head pillow is cool, too -- I can visualize a set with different facial expressions! The Yoshi tees look totally professional!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2013 02:43:52 AM »

thanks endymion  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2013 02:50:24 AM »

I hadnt posted the photos as Id read somewhere you can only post the photos once.

There are two exceptions to that rule: swaps and craftalongs .

What I like to do is a detailed post on the appropriate board for the project, and then post here with a picture, maybe an opinion on the project, and a link to the detailed post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2013 03:18:55 AM »

Thanks alwaysinmyroom.

I love those ornaments they are so cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2013 05:43:12 AM »

I'm calling these my Matchy-Matchy slippers... not really my style (apparently), but they only match as much as variegated yarn will let them. Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2013 06:07:21 AM »

I finished two screen print shirts.  My first and 2nd attempt at screen printing so Im very pleased that they look so crisp.

missmoppet - they are brilliant! What method did you use? Did you get the real deal equipment? This is definitely a skill i want to learn this year, although I was thinking to go for tights and glue for now! - bad move?

I used a Yudu machine.  Ive been wanting one for a long time.  And since we moved and live far from family now, all the inlaws sent us visa gift cards because they wanted to make it easy for xmas.  I managed to find a person on ebay selling a new yudu at 50% off.  So, for $99.00 usd i snagged a new yudu and it included free shipping too!  The yudu machine, it really is a simple process too.  Those shirts were my first and second attempt and i think they turned out nicely.  I never heard of using tights and glue to screen print though, it sounds interesting.  Course, the Yudu is probably easier. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2013 06:18:35 AM »

I've always wondered about the Yudu machines.  I've done the tights and Mod Podge before, it will get the job done, but it takes a little practice to get it really clean.  My boyfriend totally made me pin those shirts to his "crafts to make for him" board for swaps.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2013 06:46:00 AM »

I've always wondered about the Yudu machines.  I've done the tights and Mod Podge before, it will get the job done, but it takes a little practice to get it really clean.  My boyfriend totally made me pin those shirts to his "crafts to make for him" board for swaps.  Smiley

Yeah, I always wondered about them too.  But this year with the inlaws gift cards and the yudu at only $99 I thought I would try it.  It really is fun.  I kept thinking-how in the world does that thing work?  But when it arrived and I read the manual I was like "Oh!  Thats how the thing works!  It really is easy!"  ha ha.  After my dear hubby seen how crisp and professional the yudu does prints, he now wants me to screen print all the employees some work shirts now even.  They only thing I would say though-is that i realized the supplies for the yudu can be a bit pricey.  So my advice would be to wait for a sale to buy it.  I seen Joanns was having a sale all yudu supplies was 50% off.  So, thats how I bought my supplies.  The inlaws us all sent visa gift cards-so that made it nice as i was able to purchase a nice amount of supplies and the yudu machine all at 50% off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2013 06:55:59 AM »

Geeze I really need to get my list together for this year.  I'm behind on everything so far. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose the Right Crochet Hook
How to Choose Crochet Projects
How to Choose Crochet Patterns
How to Choose a Filet Crochet Pattern
How to Buy Crochet Supplies
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...