A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 423290 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2013 06:32:39 PM »

My first project of 2013... our 28th Annual 12th Night/Holiday Party.  This is our major production for the year and we can spend months getting ready.  We had a slow start this year so it was a mad dash in the last week.  But we got it done and had a great time.  I have been posting recipes and prep pictures on my blog.  I'll be posting more pics of the party and more recipes over the next several days.  You can scroll down or search 12th night if you want to see more. 

Wagonswest, this is such a neat idea. Just in this last year, I've been wanting to find a way to have an after the major holiday's rush party. Being on the 12th day of Christmas is an added bonus for us as it is also my husband's birthday.

Thanks for the great idea and that spread looks yummy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2013 06:37:58 PM »

I completed my Jack Skellington plush cushion

He has his own thread here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418733.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2013 07:01:43 PM »

Master Four and I made a painting this morning. Inspired by my Pinterest, and it being DP's birthday, we did one of those sticker letter resist paintings. It was supposed to be Master Four's project, but he decided halfway through he didn't want to paint, so he chose the colours and directed their placing.

Finally I'm off the starting line though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2013 07:33:29 PM »

So I have what may sound like a stupid question but how is everyone handling pictures?  Are you posting thumbnails in your list, linking to photos, linking to posts, just generally posting them in the thread, or a combination.  Also if you are just linking to photos or doing thumbnails in the list if its inspired by something else how are you handling giving credit?  I saw a mix of different methods from 2012 and was just wondering how those worked out.

I like posting photos in the thread, and then adding thumbnails to my list. I prefer photos over links, because I know that sometimes I'm too lazy to follow links when other people post them, and there are probably other people like me out there.

The thumbnails on my list are pretty much just for my reference, but I also used my list last year when my relatives wanted to see stuff I had done. I just brought up my list, and there were almost all of my projects, with little clicky pictures attached.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2013 10:32:15 PM »

You guys are just exploding this thread with projects!

Mio--what a cute way to do slippers!  I love how your reversed the colors!

Kaz--cute organising ideas!  Love the magnet lid board! Cheesy

Melly--a dotted apron is fun even if  there is no cooking involved!

Renstar--what lovely cushions!  I love the batik look.

underthemountain--YAY!  something for you!  You picked a lovely pendant...very nicely done...I love the industrial look of all of them!

QNM--my dog needs those pumpkin treats!  I see that you also made something for your cat...you have to be fair to all!

Ffrogg--I love that scarf!

Paperbeau--what gorgeous texture in your book frame...I love seeing art projects with so much texture

Jilly--rhymes with silly---silly beard...how fun!

Libertine49--can you tell me where you list is so I can add it to the first page?

bambam91--your skelly pillow is wonderful! 

I will update for the challenge tomorrow...wow...

RE: PICTURES

Thumbnails on your list if you want, but please post here as well...you can provide a link for details to another thread, but like indigo_roses says, a picture will peak interest and give us a quick peek! We love pictures... !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
libertine49
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2013 11:05:48 PM »

Libertine49--can you tell me where you list is so I can add it to the first page?

I am on page, 10, but there is a link on page one also.

And this is a bigger pic of the thumbnail for my superhero ornaments
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub

« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2013 12:05:20 AM »

StickerChic87 - Nice work on the door stop. Love the fabric
bushbaby - Love the socks.
jillybeans - bahaha The dwarf bread is awesome!
endymion - I love the flowers on the wreaths. Did you use a pattern for them?
missmoppet - DH would love those Yoshi's Island tees
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2013 12:40:44 AM »

So........... I understand your wanting photos of completed projects on here rather than links oooooooooooooooops, my mistake - I hadnt posted the photos as Id read somewhere you can only post the photos once.
So - heres the Birthday Quilt I made for my friends daughter - finished Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2013 01:18:28 AM »

Argh....I'm working on a long overdue WIP for the challenge (pretty sure it was on my 2011 list! Tongue) but since it's gotten shuffled around so much I spend more time detangling the ball of yarn than I do actually crocheting!  Not to mention that the recipient of the blanket has since moved from Wisconsin to Florida and probably no longer needs a throw blanket, but it's the principle of the thing.  Plus it gets the yarn out of my house.  Wink
If they are anything like me they will still use it. Air conditioning gets cold. Especially when someone else feels hot and is controlling the thermostat. I am always throwing on my hoodie and socks when I go in my condos in FL. There are no throws there so I usually keep a blanket from a pull out couch bed that I am not using to keep warm.

Question for all of you - I am thinking of having a craft party. I have been to some that were really fun, but they had people who were all fairly experienced crafters and they brought their own WIPS. Have any of you hosted a craft party for a wide variety of skills and experience and had it been successful?
I was wondering this too. I don't know where to start....I was thinking maybe making lipbalms as a group? Fun, easy, useful and noncrafters can do it without needing a skill but still feel accomplished.

My aunt last summer was getting me giddy because she was talking about hosting one (she isn't crafty). Then suddenly she was talking about skills like knitting when only 2 of us knit (there are 28 cousins and 30 something of their children). I said "How are they going to do that project if they don't know how to knit?" She replied with "Oh, well, I thought you could teach us!".... ...ummm, yeah, no thanks. Convenient to host a party and invite someone just so they can do all the work for you huh? Do you know how hard it is to teach that to a group? (let alone an individual as I am a horrible teacher) Starting a project that she wanted would involve the sometimes hard to grasp basics like guage, yarn, needles and not to mention stitches and reading a pattern! She was nuts to think I could or even would. Let alone in one sitting!

that1girl and AlishaMisha...I am counting on you for new yarn patterns!  You guys find the best! Cheesy
Awww you're cute  Grin

I am pretty sure that I usually don't post links of the patterns, and I really should. So here are the patterns (all ravelry links) from 2011 and 2012! (well things I used a pattern for anyways)
Crochet Market Bag
Another Crocheted Market Bag (I prefer the one above)
Knit Roving Sheep
Knit Lemon and Lime Play Food
Knit Peach Play Food
Cable Knit Bracelet
Knit Sock Critter Puppy
Knit Sock Critter Lamb
Knit MochiMochi Boo Bat
Knit Scandinavian Fair Isle Mittens
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013 02:17:00 AM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinybits

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2013 01:58:43 AM »

Ooo everyone i love you and your projects! Today I plan to finish the afghan I am knitting for my father then I can move on the baby socks I already cast on. I also plan to cut up the worn out jeans for the quilt I plan to make..

Hopefully my father will get my battery charger fixed today so I can get photos of already finished projects..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Statement Necklace with P.S. I Made This
How to Make a DIY Chalkboard
Non-Messy Easter Kids Crafts
Creative Alternatives to Pumpkin Carving
Mom Hacks: Chalk Eggs
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...