A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 424198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #890 on: February 04, 2013 05:48:26 PM »

Sera are the bird sun catchers made with waxed paper and crayon shavings. I saw a little tutorial on that and the results look similar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Sera unravled
« Reply #891 on: February 04, 2013 05:52:47 PM »

Yes meleriffic it is crayon shavings and wax paper. They were really fun to make, I had crayon shavings all over me. Lol
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013 05:56:53 PM by Sera unravled » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #892 on: February 04, 2013 06:08:29 PM »

Finishes for Jan
-Carpenter Star Quilt - UFO from 2011

Tree of life pendant - tried to make it look like the cover of the book Divergent

3 items for Minecraft swap - cant share pictures until partner receives
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #893 on: February 04, 2013 07:21:49 PM »

So this is VERY delayed but thank you all so much for your compliments on my stamps. I have been off of here lately because something happened to my computer that I can't figure out. Out of nowhere it decides that it wants to take 5 minutes to load a page and freezes all the time. So I guess commenting with my phone will have to do for now, but not ideal. I wanted to comment to individuals but I will have to do that another time. So, again, thank you all!

Craftwise, not much going on here. I head south in less than two weeks so I have been prepping for that. I made 6 felt pouches for stamps that got sent out to other letterboxers to be placed in those states. I have carved two more stamps since the time I posted pics of all those stamps. They are for more wooden nickels that are smaller versions than the 1.5" standard size so I can fit them in smaller geocaches.

Ah yes, I remember now, many requests to know what letterboxing is. Letterboxing is like geocaching in the sense that you are looking for a container and a logbook. In geocaching you use a GPS to guide you,  when in letterboxing you use clues. In a geocache you find a container with a log to sign and you may find items you can trade for. In a letterbox there is a logbook and a stamp. The stamp is not to keep or trade. It stays with the box. You use the stamp to stamp into your own personal logbook to show you were there and found it. You also carry your own personal signature stamp. That sig stamp is to log into the letterbox's logbook to sign in. Mine is that Mickey Mouse. Did I explain that well enough? There are technicalities in both hobbies, but that is the gist of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #894 on: February 04, 2013 08:28:09 PM »

michelleandbean-That blueberry bread looks delicious! I am really hungry right now too! Cheesy

K_Starr-Love all of your hats! I need to find an easy hat pattern to try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #895 on: February 05, 2013 01:33:15 AM »

lydiaharper - what are drier balls? I love the colours Smiley

They are just balls of wool yarn that are felted, and then you use them in the dryer to help fluff around the laundry.  They help dry the laundry faster.

I don't have a drier - and my washing machine's spin is sloooowing down at a worrying pace and we have to wring everything out. Roll Eyes Perhaps if I made some of these up and threw them in for a second spin they might help?

cursive_queen  - love your tree of life pendent! great work there

AlishaMisha - thanks for the info, I wonder if there is a strong following of either down in Cornwall, UK - I might find out - could promt some unusual walks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #896 on: February 05, 2013 01:50:57 AM »

Alwaysinmyroom - ((hugs)) and best wishes to your mum & you.

Everyone has been sooo busy! I have been working away quietly too (as well a lurking reading posts).  Grin

I am almost finished my crochet baby blanket and hope to finish my 'Super secret surprise for Big sis' very soon too.

Once those are done I think I will move onto the 'Purple tweed skirt bag' for my sister. I think I have worked out the right pattern and I got the sew-in stiffener I needed to do the bag at the weekend so all I have to is sit down and make it!

I also really have to write up my Goddess Bracelet instructions - Im due to be teaching the class on it in April!  Shocked

Really finding everones hard work inspiring and encouraging to follow.  It reminds me to keep going and not give up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: February 05, 2013 02:26:04 AM »

I need to find an easy hat pattern to try!

The ones I've been making are all easy ones, check out the crochet-hat-a-long thread for some pattern links  Smiley
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418404.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #898 on: February 05, 2013 03:04:01 AM »

Alwaysinmyroom: hope things get better soon for you and yours.

love the projects everyone, so many new ideas LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: February 05, 2013 04:38:08 AM »

cursive queen - I definitely get the feel of the divergent cover from your tree of life pendant, great job! And you also remind me that I am toying with the idea of trying to make a quilt this year.....or something quilted. Maybe  Smiley Your quilt looks really awesome.

I've spent the last few days going through my yarn stash, weeding out the yarn I'll never use, the little leftover yarn balls, etc to make room. I finished two destash yarn projects last night and will have pictures up shortly (when I don't look so frightful), and more destash projects to come.

Also very excited about this month's challenge. I'm already working on something with fabric in it so that's a bonus! And will most likely be making something for a child with all my destashing and my issues with proper sizing (gauge swatch? who needs them!).

Ok enough of a ramble. gotta get ready for work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make 4th of July Marshmallows
How Milk Chocolate Gets Made
How to Make Raspberry and Passion Fruit Tarts
Dirty Mint Chip Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe with Coolhaus Ice Cream
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches for a Crowd
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...