A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 403531 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #610 on: January 21, 2013 10:51:35 AM »

Thanks!  I am mitted out... Cheesy

I think I am going to work on socks (even thought I said NEVER!)...I bought this nice yarn called cartoons for a whacky friend of mine...I think the socks will be perfect for her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goktrose

The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

« Reply #611 on: January 21, 2013 11:21:07 AM »

alishamisha: Those stamps are amazing, I love the little hedgehog one and your mickey one!

Here in Wisconsin it is absolutely freezing (-20 degrees F with windchill!), so today I may get some crafting done since it is actually dangerous to my life to be outside for more than 15 minutes! I have created 3 more WIPs and need to finish at least one before school starts back up tomorrow.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects of 2013: 34/50
Come Join Us!

My Pinterest
Collecting white doilies and rhinestone brooches for DIY wedding, wanna swap?
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: January 21, 2013 11:27:20 AM »

Silvermoon--those red mitts are beautiful!  I love the length!

AlishaMisha---wow--that is a boatload of stamps!  I love the little hedgehog one!

I finished the fairy mitts I was making for Aislynn...I made them out of a heavier wool at first, but she lives in a warm climate! duh!  So I used a lightweight fingering yarn instead...

Piggy-backing on this, but those are awesome stamps Alisha Misha. What is 'letter boxing'?

Love the lacy mitts Silvermoon.

AIMR, oooh, such pretty mitts. Would you mind telling us what the yarn is?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #613 on: January 21, 2013 11:33:38 AM »

The yarn is Chroma fingering yarn in colorway Impressionist.  I like it way better than Noro because it is very soft...and way less $!  It is sold at www.knitpicks.com...the pattern for the mitts is from Noro Crochet...seriously, if you crochet, each mitt took about 1/2 hour! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #614 on: January 21, 2013 11:40:20 AM »

alishamisha: Those stamps are amazing, I love the little hedgehog one and your mickey one!

Here in Wisconsin it is absolutely freezing (-20 degrees F with windchill!), so today I may get some crafting done since it is actually dangerous to my life to be outside for more than 15 minutes! I have created 3 more WIPs and need to finish at least one before school starts back up tomorrow.

That is positively TOASTY Goktrose, it's -30F here this evening  Shocked perfect for working on crochet blankets or a good excuse for huddling under one at least!

Always, you know that they say "Never say never"  Smiley Hubby asked me to knit him another pair of socks yesterday but I daren't start them until I've finished his vest  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: January 21, 2013 01:27:08 PM »

Always - those mitts are gorgeous! I love the color shift!

I still need to post something for this month's challenge. I think I need to refresh on what qualifies again. In any case I finally was able to post the awesome Weeping Angel painting I made a friend for Christmas as I just gave it to her today! This is my first attempt of actually painting something with shadow and light so I'm really happy with how it came out  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: January 21, 2013 02:23:39 PM »

I was playing around with my Eventually Granny Square patt... well, not really a pattern, more of a technique, I guess... anyhow, I came up with a new layout that I thought might be kind of funky.  I graphed it out, chose some colours I normally wouldn't choose and off I went.

Turns out, I don't know how to follow my own patterns (not really news here...) and I accidentally made everything a quarter size.  I didn't discover the problem until I was halfway done, though (at a moment we'll describe as, "That doesn't look like it's 3' wide... *measures* ah... 22"...")

So I slapped a border on it... after four rounds, I got bored with the whole thing and decided that this 3x4' blanket was, in fact, always supposed to be a preemie blanket.

It's the Math Fail blanket!  Oh, and I intensely dislike the colours, too. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #617 on: January 21, 2013 02:29:20 PM »

'Mio - I personally don't like the colours either, but they are just perfect for a preemie (or dolly) blanket. And layout is way awesome.

shepBlue, as always, love your work! I'd love to get something like that for my sister, but she'd hate me forever - she's 42 and deeply afraid of statues now. Thanks Moffat.

AIMR, those mitts are lovely. I love the chroma yarns, they are much smoother colours than the Bernat mosaic, sadly they aren't machine washable. But the skeins are so soft and smooshy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #618 on: January 21, 2013 02:36:45 PM »

Alisha - those stamps are beautiful and I too wonder what letterboxing is

Love the wristwarmers Always and Silvernoon.

Fantasticmio - that blanket is fun. It would be cool in primary colors too as a kiddo blanket.

Fabulous as always blue sheep
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sera unravled
« Reply #619 on: January 21, 2013 02:40:28 PM »

Always--those mitts are gorgeous!

Eventhough my husband did his best to get me more yarn he never got it. I really wish I never fell asleep If I would have just stayed awake for a half an hour longer, I could of been finishing my infinity scarf right now. Boo

I think that I need a better hat. Today was -43 F with the windchill in mn. I could feel the wind blowing through my hat. Brrr I think that I might have some chunky yarn to make a hat with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make March Madness Chicken Wings
How to make Potato Salad
How to make Chicken with Tomatoes in a Dutch Oven
How to make BBQ Chicken Hash in a Dutch Oven
How to make Beef Stew
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...