A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 422801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #460 on: January 14, 2013 05:39:41 PM »

My valentine wreath! Now I need to make my garland.

The original post:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419070.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #461 on: January 14, 2013 07:18:56 PM »

I made an itty Totoro for a commission. He's a little wonky, because the customer wanted to stuff it herself, so it's just sort of sitting there.

Now I'm working on turning the start of a scarf I didn't like into a cute pair of lacy gloves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2013 08:41:38 PM »

that1girl - Jeeze you must be a super fast knitter! I am impressed! You and alwaysinmyroom are like machines. I just don't understand. Even when my hands are in a blur, things still seem to take me a century.

trinalocakary - I'm sorry about the nerve issue in your legs. I know what it is like. I have nerve damage in both of my elbows that send painful shocks through my arms and fingers. It not much of an issue anymore in day to day life, but unfortunately I figured out that it gets aggravated when I knit and sometimes crochet. *smacks forehead* Hope you can find relief!

kbrison - What kind of binding machine do you currently have? I have been back and forth on what type I want (between comb and wire) and what brands. The Bind-it-All seems to be popular. I am a letterboxer and would find the machine helpful for making logbooks for the letterboxes, but since they containers they are in are sometimes exposed to moisture, I am afraid of rust. So that is my dilemma...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2013 10:23:02 PM »

AlishaMisha - I currently have a comb-style binding machine, but am thinking about buying a wire-type, too. Most of the binding I do is related to school, collecting patterns or recipes into a booklet, or teaching professional development classes. The comb works best for those purposes. The initial cost of the machine is more ($300-350 range) but the spines are much less expensive ($11-15 for 50), pages can easily be added, removed, or rearranged, simple and safe enough that even children can use (although some materials may require an adult's strength to punch, even children can do the binding part easily), spines can be shortened with just a pair of scissors, spines can be labeled with markers or paper labels, books lie flat, spines come in a variety of colors and sizes and may be purchased at many office supply stores or on-line. My machine is 100% metal construction, fairly heavy, but very durable. I bought my machine through AccuCut.com and usually buy my spines at Office Depot.

Wire binding machines are much less expensive (about $70 for a Zutter or $100-130 for other brands) and have a lot of plastic in their construction. Binding wires are much more expensive than combs. They generally come in packages of 2-12 and cost about $1 for each spine. They also come in various colors and a more limited range of sizes. I have only seen the wires in stores selling the particular machine they fit, so wires may be harder to find. Wires are more decorative but they don't seem as practical for my purposes.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone with a wire binding machine can shed more light on their usage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
115/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sewing
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- starting to craft
Mug Rug Swap
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2013 10:36:28 PM »

kbrison - Thanks for the info! That is a good point about the combs coming in a variety of colors...hmmmm. Something tells me that comb may be the way to go considering I will be binding in large quantities. I already have the combs as I make logbooks out of the prepunched paper, but that can get expensive and doesn't give you much freedom on paper. Also, I have been able to get about 4 logbooks from one comb when I am doing the mini ones, so I am able to make the combs stretch far. I found a good comb binding machine at Staples that they had on sale for only $49, I am figure if I am patient I can run into that deal again. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #465 on: January 15, 2013 04:51:51 AM »

The craftster member recieved the package I sent her.  So, I can now post the items I made and add them to my 50 projects in 2013.  Okay, first are painted wooden spoon/fork.  Simple but really fun, I had some wooden utensiles and just acrylic paint to paint the ends.  They really are neat-Im thinking of paint more for our kitchen now.

And, I made some dog toys for her dog.  I used old blue jeans to make them.  As denim is super dureable and makes nice dog toys.  Ive used it in making dog toys for many other dogs for family and they have all enjoyed the softness without ripping the toys to shreds.  Plus, a great way to recycle old blue jeans instead of them being in a landfill.  I also used my embroidery machine to embroider the little darlings name on one toy, and 'bite me' on the other.  I like to use squeakies in the dog toys-but for these I didnt put any in them.  The squeakies I ordered still havent arrived and I was on a time limit, so had to send them off.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013 04:54:00 AM by missmoppet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

« Reply #466 on: January 15, 2013 05:07:20 AM »

mini_mum - the biscuits look yummy. What's an un-anniversary?

Well - we got married in 2008, so our 5th year - but we got married on 29th Feb and there isnt one of those this year, so its me being a bit silly really, since we cant celebrate on the 'correct' date it isnt really an anniversary - hence the 'un' anniversary! Cheesy

(does that make sense to anyone else?)

And the star biscuits were yummy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2013 07:53:34 AM »

Hey guys, guess what I found in my charity shop of wonders today .............. A whole bag of vintage lace doilies !!!!!!! Mmmmmmm I fact me an upcycled doily vest .........

Oh and by the way - finished my sons vest top today hoooorah ! He's a happy boy, and a lot warmer at school !
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013 07:56:11 AM by P_E_S_T » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
cursive_queen
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2013 08:08:00 AM »

cute kiddo and cute vest!  I want to get to a point in knitting that I can make sweaters - I've seen way too many darling patterns I want
THIS ROCKS   Logged
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2013 08:19:20 AM »

Vests are a really good starter - easy easy - get a Debbie bliss pattern book, I find the patterns are writing very clearly and line by line, instead of the millions of abbreviations which will get easier to understand the more you have made x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Stencil in Photoshop
How to Remove Redeye in Photoshop
How to Use IPhoto
How to Design Anime Bodies
How to Illustrate Anime Mouths
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...