A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,683
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 408879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #450 on: January 14, 2013 11:43:51 AM »

I love Yorkshire, I'm in the Shires as well  Grin Nottinghamshire so technically we're neighbours!

Yeah for neighbours Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #451 on: January 14, 2013 12:03:09 PM »

What a cute crafty Kitty Party!

I adore those little baby socks.   I'd like to try socks sometime, but they seem intimidating
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2013 01:10:18 PM »

been very busy recently - but can't post most of what I've been up to yet because they are for swaps Tongue

What I can show you are the art journal pages I've been working on.

The February page for the art journal challenge:

The Pirates and the space in between them are for DS1's 4th birthday - he's having a pirate party Smiley Not sure how I am going to journal that, which is why I've left it blank and not put a journalling spot in.
The bottom right corner has a little bit of journalling as it's our 5th un-anniversary this year Smiley

I've got some more pages, from the 'Embrace the Day' class, but not photographed them yet.

OH - I also did biscuits with DS1 a few days ago (GO ME!!!!)
He saw them in his magazine, and kept on about them until we made them (and he's still on about them even though we've eaten them all)

And does making snowmen count??

Really bad image, sorry:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013 03:06:02 PM by mini_mum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2013 01:47:10 PM »

Wow everyone has done so much!

missing willow - that naan looks YUMMY!

sheepblue - I. love. your. bags. but- i would want one as a cushion cover so i could cuddle and admire it while watching tv.

tinybits - can it really be true that you finished a hat in one evening? How can you be so super fast??! It looks so great too!

pest - very very cute Smiley awwwwww!

tinybits - those socks are the best colour range - love the greens Smiley

Here's my latest shareable work (the others are for the challenge and for my sisters birthday - a painting I want to frame before I share online Smiley

It's a bubblewrap-print table runner, based on this thread I saw this morning:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419025.msg4961967#msg4961967

I want to post up my painting as a new topic I think - is it easy? Are there any rules apart from put it in the right category board?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #454 on: January 14, 2013 02:32:00 PM »

I adore those little baby socks.   I'd like to try socks sometime, but they seem intimidating

Socks really aren't that bad! Give it a go sometime, and if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm! Smiley

Everyone seems to be getting things done at a goodly rate except for me.

Don't worry about it! Some people have more time to craft than others. I know last year I was a lot farther ahead in the number of completed projects I had at this time, but it's okay. Be happy with what you do have the time to accomplish. Smiley

I've started yet another WIP. I'm crocheting squares for charity. I'm going to count each 12" square as one project, and 4 6" squares as one project. The best part? The person I'm sending to who seams up the blankets doesn't want the ends to be woven in!!! And she's doing the seaming!  Cheesy Those are my two least favorite parts about making blankets out of motifs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
yofi
« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2013 02:42:54 PM »

On of the dangers of letting this thread get away from me is that I find myself responding to comments made six pages ago!

Tinybits -- I'd never thought about finding patterns from TV shows and movies until recently.  But when the last Harry Potter movie came out, I found myself conducting a whole second sound track, commenting on the sweaters, hats, gloves.... and now I can't turn that track off, no matter what I watch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanath
« Reply #456 on: January 14, 2013 03:51:53 PM »

I did it, I actually completed something!!! I made a beaded star from a diagram I found online. I'll take a picture tomorrow, as the sun is currently on the other side of the globe.

that1girl - wow, so many things, you'll be up to 50 in no time.
plaidpineapple - great quilt, makes me want to crawl right into bed and snuggle up with a book.
P_E_S_T - awesome birthday party! That's a great activity idea, I'll have to remember it for when my kid is a bit older.
tinybits - the colors of your socks remind me of Link from the Zelda games.
mini_mum - the biscuits look yummy. What's an un-anniversary?
PaperBeau - the print looks very subtle, it goes well with the rest of the table setting Smiley I don't think there are any special rules to posting new threads. Find the right category, write a nice title, add some pics and you're good to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #457 on: January 14, 2013 04:30:01 PM »

Socks and quilts and mittens, oh my!  I really need to get in gear and get some stuff done.  I have a few finishes, but I wish it were more...  my backlog is so huge, I think it's on the verge of stressing me out.  Sad

Project 1: Crocheted Fox (WIP from 2012). (pattern here)  I'm okay with amis until it's time to sew them together.  This guy only spent a few months as pieces, so not too bad (the longest a project has been like that is 10 years...).  He doesn't look quite right, the eyes are off (too high?) and I think he looks like a Dobby version of a fox, but...

Projects 2-6: Turbans.  A friend of mine (belly)dances in a restaurant, and she uses these hats when she pulls guys up on stage.  They wear out, and I made her some new ones.  There will be another group of them in a bit, but 5 was enough in one go.  I probably spent more time trying to figure out a time-saving way of doing them than it would have taken me just to hand sew all the bits...

Project 7: Oh, hey, look, a familiar project from 2012 - the hip scarf.  In red, for a friend.

Project 8: Squid bag.  Upsized from a pattern in AntiCraft: Knitting, Beading and Stitching for the Slightly Sinister, this pattern gave me FITS.  It's double-knit, so you knit the fin-bits and the circular part flat in the beginning, but that also means that one slip-up that you don't realize until round 20-ish means you have to pull everything out.  I ended up doing it all on double-pointed needles and just moved the stitches a lot from one to another.  Sewed in a lining and voila!  Squid!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #458 on: January 14, 2013 04:36:11 PM »

plaidpineapple-That quilt is so neat.  I love the frayed edges. 

smeddley-the squid back is really cool.

mini_mum-Burrrrrrr!  You are making me cold by posting snow related pictures.  We moved to a warmer area last year & I so glad we dont have snow or ice anymore.  Its cold here-but not snow/ice cold. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2013 05:21:32 PM »

Wow!  Everyone has been so productive!  Love everything, but esp mini_mum's son and the star biscuits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bremmer on His Book Every Nation For Itself in a G-Zero World
Sequels: Do You Need to Read the First Book?
M.O.M. (Mom Operating Manual) Book Trailer
“Big Blue Ball”: A Poem Read by Amy Brenneman
On the Road with Atria’s Great Mystery Bus Tour
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...