A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 407654 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4040 on: January 03, 2014 12:53:49 PM »

Thank you  Smiley  One of my goals for this year is to open an Etsy shop of felt items  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
yofi
« Reply #4041 on: January 03, 2014 04:21:04 PM »

Warning:  This post has about 5 months worth of crafts and is decidedly fat!

Well, for better or worse, 2013 is over, and I need to close out my part in this thread.  Altho I havent been online very much, I have read this thread more than Ive posted.  You all have so inspirational!  Ive gotten some great ideas for things I want to try, and marveled at the enthusiasm, and generosity, and creativity here.  I feel so fortunate to have found Craftster all those years ago, and seen how the site and sometimes individual artists, have grown!

So heres my wrap up.  Some of them dont have pictures, and Im sure Ive forgotten things from the last few months.  Its been busy!

33. Hanging planters and window boxes
I have a very tiny yard, and this year I decided to start growing up the walls.  This was the start of a series of 6 window boxes bracketed to the walls, with 4 hanging baskets from the posts.  I planted some of my fragrant mini hostas and other fragrant flowers, so the scent is right at nose height.  I also planted trailers, so much of the bare wood wall is covered.  Looking forward to next summer, with even more!

34. Grape jelly, pie, candies
No picture of these, unfortunately.  The grape vines at work had a crazy bumper crop this year.  And they were the best grapes Ive ever tasted; spicy, sweet, complex. I brought home 3 baskets that were about 10 pounds each.

I thought about trying wine, but went for more immediate gratification.  Over the course of the summer I made 12 pints of grape jelly, 3 grape pies (a first for me!), and 2-3 dozen patee du fruit a fancy name for all-fruit jellies.

35. Outside seating
I thought I had a picture of this, but Ill have to take another.  I used framing timber and some slate paving stones I had lying around.  I stained it a lovely Caribbean blue and it cost about $20.

36. Organized and pulled off the fall plant swap
We had over a dozen attendees this year, and it was an incredible success.  It ended up being an all-day affair, with folks arriving early and lingering late for great plants, great food, and a wonderful selection of plants, including dozens of heritage peonies that had been rescued for a garden slated for destruction.  I brought the traditional pulled pork, and a couple of pies.

37. Succulents, terrariums and orchids
And of course you have to bring plants to a plant swap, right?  I had several interesting succulents potted up

Four terrariums that featured little animal and people figurines in among the plants

And five orchids that I had rescued from the $1 clearance table at the plant store, and brought back to life.  I initially bought them for the pots alone, but then I couldnt just check them on the compost pile.  Im not a bad gardener, but even I was amazed they not only survived, but exploded with new roots, leaves, and all set flower buds. (I traded them quickly before they collapsed!)

38. Fresh off the vine fruit hats
As part of the 13 hats in 13 and for our annual round up for charity, I made these three fruit-themed hats.  No pattern, but they were super easy and quick knits.

39. The Admiral Returns
The earlier Admiral Anja hat was so popular, I made another in a different colorway, and without the earflaps.  Love this hat!

40.  Christmas Capucine
Another favorite pattern, also for the 13 hats in 13 knit-along and destined for Faith Mission.

41. Danton viewing party

42. Helix caps
It was a big hat year I discovered  nice trick to blur the juncture on striped hats and use up a lot of little scraps of yarn in the process.  I kinda went crazy

43. Cotton Serenity blanket
When I made this pattern in acrylic yarn last year, I vowed to do it again in cotton and a slightly looser tension.  I love the way this 44 square turned out.  I made it for the arrival of a buddys first child, and (not shown) lined it in a palest pink flannel.  It ended up looking very vintage.  Someday, Ill make one large enough for me.

44. Zombie outfit
Astonishingly, I have no non-blurry picture of this.  I spent half the afternoon with a friend who does stage make-up, and went partying as the scariest walker in the room.  Unfortunately I discovered that makes it harder to flirt

45. Max Hat
A hat for the daughter of a friend of mine, the Queen of the Wild Things.  This was a great pattern, and I feel like I learned a lot of things with this one. So much so, that I made another, adult size one as well!

46. Spock hat
Another hat, this time for my boss, a die-hard Trekkie.  I couldnt find yarn the right color for the ears, so I used food color and dyed a batch in my sink.  A little bit of this, a little bit of that  I had to advise my boss that this is a novelty hat and should be used sparingly, so that he didnt wear it around the office and every day.

47. Three weeks of green juice
No particular medical call on this, just felt the need to tune myself up a bit this fall.  So for three weeks, every morning I blended up a big jar of juice, using whatever greens, fruit and what have you I had on hand.  That was my breakfast and lunch, followed by a reasonable dinner.  I lost a few pounds and felt great but fresh greens and veggies get a bit pricey in the winter.  (Not to mention not as satisfying as oatmeal on a cold morning)  Still, it was a nice run.

48. Candy and cookie plates and parcels
This year I made 4 different kinds of candies, and 6 kinds of cookies, and I spread the largesse a little bit wider.  I filled plain white bags decorated with Christmas wishes and my little-kid style drawings, and took them to 6 of the 10 houses on my block.  I gave bags with cookies, candies and preserves to friends, and delivered some plates the size of pizza boxes to folks with lots of family.  I made the rounds right before I left town Christmas Eve, and had a little glass of something at half my stops very warming!

49. Felted trilby
I didnt have a pattern for this hat, but hat a lot of fun making it up as I went along.  A lot of pulling and twisting in the shaping process!

50. Bulk cooking
One of my goals this year was to eat better ad spend less money.  This is just one of the many batches of soup I made to take to work.  This was a Thai-inspired ginger and lime squash soup!

Its been a fun year, craftwise.  I feel like I took on a lot of projects that would teach me a new technique, or a new skill.  I had a lot of fun, and I gave a lot of things away to people who appreciated them.

And Im looking forward to 2014 with all of you on Craftster!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4042 on: January 03, 2014 07:36:50 PM »

Yofi--your crafting year covered a bit of everything!  I am impressed with your many garden and food crafts...you can grow succulents...I admire that!

Your striped hats were so cute and used up yarn bits...I am also impressed with your colorwork.

The Max hat was a challenge but you did it! I will look to you for some help when I try it myself...your crown turned out to be quite nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #4043 on: January 04, 2014 12:31:23 PM »

yofi, all that was amazing! That's a beautiful blanket, and the felt trilby hat-wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
http://www.gofundme.com/bvnj24,help kid's chess trip
waggonswest

« Reply #4044 on: January 04, 2014 12:36:33 PM »

Last two projects to post for 2013...

I finished up the binding on two quilts.  

I'll look at my totals and start my new list sometime next week.  

AMAZING JOB everyone.  

And THANK YOU ALWAYS for keeping us on track.  

2013 summary.  So I finished 83 projects this year.  I had hoped to break 100 but a bum knee and some surgery kept that from happening (yeah, right.... but it sounds like a good excuse.)  I am ready to hit my target for 2014 and looking forward to seeing all that you make!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014 10:22:54 AM by waggonswest » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4045 on: January 08, 2014 03:40:46 PM »

What a spectacular personal goal you reached!  So many of your projects were HUGE...quilts...I am guessing that you do not sleep or eat...

I will be tallying up all the entries for January as soon as I post the remaining pictures I found on my camera for 2013! Grin

Don't want to get my two lists confused!

Three felt bird ornaments for my mom.  I made these to help her recognize the birds she sees while sitting in her recliner, looking outside the picture window.  I have more that I am making for 2014.  I used free patterns that I found on craftster, provided by member downeastthunderfarm

Fabric journal pages:

A recycled pouch made from a failed knitting project...it was supposed to be purse size...oops...I knitted it too small.  It was sitting in a pile I was going to toss, but at the last minute, I rescued it.

Holiday inchie houses for a friend:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014 09:41:02 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #4046 on: January 09, 2014 03:46:31 PM »

So...  the end of the year was for the birds, eh always?  (Tee-hee!)

Love those birds, tho' -- especially the felt ornaments.  I'm off to search for the patterns myself!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoopidou

« Reply #4047 on: January 09, 2014 10:32:38 PM »

I love your fabric pages, just the right amount of decor and beautiful colors and fabrics. Cute birds too. It makes me want to make some fabric pages too, but the, I wonder what I would do with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoopidou

« Reply #4048 on: January 09, 2014 10:36:05 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I received an amazon card as a prize. Thanks a lot!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Off to explore the magnificent world of Amazon to get a wonderful gift for me!
La la la la la la la...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #4049 on: January 10, 2014 03:43:06 PM »

Those birds would make a neat mobile!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
http://www.gofundme.com/bvnj24,help kid's chess trip
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Braid Like Drew Barrymore
How to Do a Fishtail French Braid
How to Do a Braid Like Rachel McAdams
What Are Some Good Braid Styles For a Wedding?
How to Do a Braid Like Sienna Miller
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...