A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 306,367
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 639196 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3720 on: November 11, 2013 07:15:45 AM »

Love, love, love the steampunk belly dancing costume. 

Yes.  Keep it going next year.  Please don't shorten it to 25.  I need the motivation. 

Amy Butler bag is great.  I'm going to have to try one some day.

Pretty bows. 

That 1, the snowflakes are gorgeous.

Baby sweater is adorable.  Love the bright colors.  Glad you seem to be feeling better.  Your snowflakes are awesome too!

That one... more and more and more.  The dolls are fantastic.

Wedding ornament is a great idea.

..... And I am caught up with the most recent amazing projects.  I'll get pictures and post some things this week, I hope. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3721 on: November 11, 2013 09:06:00 AM »

Challenge entry!

(Lots and lots of) Something(s) warm!

I'm moving soon, and it occurred to me that if I use up the charity yarn from my stash, I don't have to move it!  So, when I've been resting after work or after cleaning and packing, I've been making hats and scarves for Little Hats That Grew in Hamilton.  

They only collect the items once a year (in September), but my mom stores them for me until then (it's complicated... I promise it makes perfect sense), so I've turned yarn that would have to be moved into hats/scarves that are now mom's problem. Tongue

Here are the scarves:

IMG4232 by fantasticmio, on Flickr

And here they are stuffed inside their matching hats:

IMG4233 by fantasticmio, on Flickr

They were all made using Bernat Soft Boucle (or the baby yarn equivalent) held two strands together. The hats were made on a knitting loom, and the scarves are Tunisian Knit Stitch using a 15mm hook.

ETA: I gave up on counting the projects several months ago, but seeing as this is 36 items on its own, I'm pretty sure I've hit 50 by now. Tongue
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013 09:09:29 AM by fantasticmio » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #3722 on: November 11, 2013 09:18:47 AM »

Holy cow! You have more energy than me. And moving, too??? Nice job. And just remember all the handy-dandy warms that you will be offering for people. Wonderful. You must have a great big heart!  Kiss There is your kiss.

~T

Oh, and a kiss for Mom, for helping...  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3723 on: November 11, 2013 09:29:10 AM »

18 hats and 18 scarves . . . wow! you really have been busy. And you destashed as well. Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
50 Projects in 2016
36/190 in 2016, 189/15, 185/14, 47/13
IYP w/Onyxnox
Paper/ephemera swap
FreakieGeekie
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3724 on: November 11, 2013 01:36:18 PM »

Mio, those hats and scarves are so cute and I love your color choices! Cheesy

I'm so glad I joined this craftalong Grin
I get to see so many spectacular crafts AND I don't think I would have completed quite as many projects without the goal of reaching fifty.
My last count was 40/50, I think? I'd have to check.
I've got a project that's about 40% done but I've put it aside in favor of a project for a contest. The project in question is an amigurumi and I'm writing up my own pattern as I go along. There's been a lot of trial and error and plenty of ripped stitches but I like what I've got so far (which is one foot!)

ETA: I do have 40 (41 actually), if I count the projects I forgot to post! **facepalm**
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013 01:47:25 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

@deviantart
Pinterest
Projects in 2016: 5/50
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #3725 on: November 11, 2013 03:26:55 PM »

Wow,that's a lot of hats and scarves! And all while you're getting ready to move? I'm impressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode 'halfoff'HipsterHive Only12/31/15
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studi
Smeddley

« Reply #3726 on: November 11, 2013 04:43:42 PM »

Coming to you in no particular order... more crafts!  I downloaded the pictures off my phone and found a few I'd forgotten about, plus I learned to use my knitting machine recently!  Wheeee!

140-141. Dr Who Scarves!  Not actually the first thing that I made on the knitting machine, but they came up first when I was editing pictures, so.  They say to start with a scarf, but I wasn't quite that ambitious.  And I'm not sure about them.  One, I folded in half, the other I tried the two purl stitches down the side, but it still curled.  I don't love the seam and the curl is annoying and you can't do garter stitch on the machine without a special bar that looks a lot of work, so.  Hmmmm.  The pattern was from the official BBC pattern book, which I had to get on Inter-Library Loan.  It's not as long as the ones on the internet, but I like it.  So, I think, did the people who got these!

142. Knitted braided ball.  Since it's going to curl, why not make the most of it?  This was actually my second project, and it went pretty well.  The setup and castoff from the machine is really a pain, though, so I don't know that I love doing the shorter strips...

143. Baby hat - I posted a picture of my yarn stash and my cousin lamented her inability to crochet, which led me to offering to make her a baby hat.  It wasn't too time-consuming, and it fit!  The pattern was for a newborn and I had to size it up, so it was iffy.

144. Speaking of hats, there's a girl who rides her bike to work and has a little sunshine bear strapped to the front.  As it's getting colder, I thought he needed a hat.  I left it on him and apparently she was quite tickled when she saw it!

145. Chiefs scarf.  This was my first stab at the knitting machine, and I took my time since it was for charity.  A guy at work is having fundraisers for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society, and I offered to donate a raffle prize.  I really do hope it's good enough, he says it is but you know how insecure some crafters (me) are about their work.

I have a bunch of stuff almost done, but a lot of it is for craft swaps.  And I need to get moving on my stuff for the Fall Nerd Battles... I have some of this to post, as well as some older stuff that never got posted there, but I also have TONS of ideas written down for the other challenges... between that, the swaps, and NaNo, I think my vacation over Thanksgiving is booked solid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoopidou
« Reply #3727 on: November 11, 2013 05:45:16 PM »

Wow, so much knitted stuff, you are very fast ladies!

Smeddley, the baby hat is very cute, the Dr. Who scarves look warm and comfy.

Fantasticmio, that's a great use of yarn. It must have made quite a dent in your supplies!

Bushbaby, I'd like to see your whole collection of wedding anniversary Christmas ornaments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #3728 on: November 11, 2013 06:18:39 PM »

Quote: "
142. Knitted braided ball.  Since it's going to curl, why not make the most of it?  This was actually my second project, and it went pretty well.  The setup and castoff from the machine is really a pain, though, so I don't know that I love doing the shorter strips..."

That is a knitted monkey knot! I love it! Looks fun for the kids, or cat!!

These were originally used to send the rope from the dock to a boat, as when they had to throw the rope to the ship. It was weighted, and allowed the rope to travel in the right direction, but the weaving of these pieces is the same. You can weave them in one long strand. I believe it would work for knitting. It works for rope. Yup.

Monkey fist knot... Google it, as this site hates me for putting in photos. But there are tutorials there for how to weave them. I have seen them done. It is one continuous strand that wraps around and around. You just fold it in and under itself. I don't see why crochet or knit would not work for this? Not that you wish to launch or unlaunch a boat  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
FreakieGeekie
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3729 on: November 11, 2013 10:58:53 PM »

Projects I forgot! AKA the items I sent out in the NaNoWriMo Swap.
A TARDIS pencil/pen case made of plastic canvas with felt windows:

A crocheted bracelet in black/orange (for her favorite college team):

^I need to make a ton of these. These are super cute and would look even cuter with some beads! Cheesy

A writer's warning sign:

^Definitely need to make myself one of these.

Key to imagination's flight earrings:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

@deviantart
Pinterest
Projects in 2016: 5/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Nomad Burger
15 Gooey, Wonderful Grilled Cheese Recipes You Need To Try
Would You Eat a 1,300-Calorie Omelette?
15 Gooey, Wonderful Grilled Cheese Recipes You Need to Try
Homemade Single Serving Meatloaf Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...