A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,584
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 404288 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Taramor
« Reply #3710 on: November 08, 2013 08:33:07 AM »

Pinokeeo - You are so clever. I love your Santa and elf, and the Menorah. And that1girl - you make the cutest thing. I really like your small clutches. Next year the two of you must join the '500 projects 2014'  Cheesy - you really get something done!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013 11:37:27 AM by Taramor » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3711 on: November 08, 2013 09:58:54 AM »

As I was tallying up the final count for our Sept-Oct challenge, I noticed a few things I missed!

Congrats libertine49 and sheepblue for hitting 50 + projects!  Micheleandbean hit 50 as well...we all know that1girl was there a long time ago... Grin...

And, there were so many interesting projects and extra effort that I decided I want to award special prizes.  As soon as I finish posting the eligible entries and picking the winner, I will announce those special awards!

ooo--and I wanted to comment again on those wonderful badges you made Taramor...I am a huge badge fan and the ones you made for your sister were terrific!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #3712 on: November 08, 2013 10:12:16 AM »

Sheepblue, I like your idea to use the comics fabric for infinity scarves. I am always wondering how to use the very detailed fabrics in clothing.

That one girl,I love your tiny ornaments.They are adorable. That's one of my favorites from all you did this year.

Pinokeo, these are cool scroll saw decorations. I like the 3D ones, and the birds, and the round ones, and... I like them all!
Do you use pinless blades? And what size? I tried the ones with pins and they are too wide to make easy turns. I only found one round blade and it's such a pleasure to follow curves, but then, straight is almost impossible for me with this blade. What kind of blades do you use? And do you have a great scroll saw or a "cheap" one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3713 on: November 08, 2013 04:00:58 PM »

Do you use pinless blades? And what size? I tried the ones with pins and they are too wide to make easy turns. I only found one round blade and it's such a pleasure to follow curves, but then, straight is almost impossible for me with this blade. What kind of blades do you use? And do you have a great scroll saw or a "cheap" one?

I have DeWalt DW788 variable speed 20" saw.  For these cuts I was using a #5 reverse tooth blade.  I only use pinless blades.  The ones with pins are too heavy for this type of cutting.  Spiral blades are ok for some things, but I think they take too much off when I am doing this type of cutting.  I also use a foot pedal when I am cutting like this.  That way I can slow down without changing the speed on the saw.

Glad you all like my ornaments.  They are fun to make, and I think I am going to make a few more, just for fun.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013 04:02:28 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3714 on: November 09, 2013 05:16:32 AM »

Those wooden ornaments are beautiful! I can't imagine the skill that goes into making those.

I have another finished project I can share now that it has been received!! A tacky Christmas party dress!! A variation on the ugly christmas sweater of course. I found a thrifted dress and spent 4 days embellishing to my delight. It was hard to part with this one  Grin My only regret is that I couldn't work in working lights somehow. Next time!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #3715 on: November 09, 2013 08:08:58 AM »

*applauds sheepblue*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #3716 on: November 09, 2013 09:07:34 PM »

fantastic goodies....esp love the wood and knit ornaments and that rockin' xmas dress!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
yoopidou

« Reply #3717 on: November 10, 2013 12:00:30 AM »

Pinokeeo, thanks for the answer. I need to find better blades.

Great job on the dress, it's epic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #3718 on: November 10, 2013 09:30:27 AM »

Two more things for my list, a necklace and a journal I sent to a swap partner. I'm glad she took a pic because I forgot. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428443.msg5120851#msg5120851
I have more things made, but haven't taken pics yet. Frantically amassing stuff for craft fair/art show. Yeah,I think I'll hit 50 items this year. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #3719 on: November 11, 2013 01:20:24 AM »

I've had a really busy but productive weekend. So busy in fact I haven't managed to upload all the pics yet!

Challenge entries
Holiday gifts/Warm item - I have finished my big knitted xmas pressie for my mum & fully washed & blocked it. Click the link here if you want to see it : MUM dont click this!!

Holiday Gifts - I have also finished some knitted bunting for my dad's xmas. Pics to follow  Grin

Traditional recipies/charity make - I made a batch of tablet to sell for raising funds for my choir'stour to Praugue next year - I cant go on the tour but want to support my friends going.

Gifts - I made up a little pair of peg doll kits for my friends birthday. She lives quite far away from me and will get her 'big' birthday pressie when I see her at xmas.

Gifts - One of the girls at work is getting married this week so I knitted her a little wedding favour/xmas ornament as a gift.

I also made a xmas ornament/wedding anniversary gift for me & my DH. We got married at the end of novemeber and every year since I have made an xmas ornament themed on our wedding. of couse I forgot to take a picture before I wrapped it! will have to post that pic in 2 weeks Smiley

Dont know which challenge these will fall into - sorry AIMR  Grin Life has been a bit hectic recently

I have also finally updated my list. That now brings me to 49 of 50. Given that I am knitting socks for my sisters xmas I will 'just' make 50 Smiley  so sign me up for next year's craftalong  Grin
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013 01:39:10 AM by bushbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...