A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 301,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 467526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2013 11:12:04 AM »

I LOL every time I see those beards and yours Jilly are the BOMB!  The look so Viking-y Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2013 11:45:18 AM »

The beard for my BIL was a hit!  Here is him wearing it Friday night:
 They are way too much fun!  Plus, I have enough yarn left over to make at least one more black beard and one more brown beard.  ^_^  I want a red/brown one for myself.  So far 2013 has been very beardy!

I have wanted to dress up as a flashy bearded lady for the last three years. This is the best beard I've seen yet. So awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2013 12:55:38 PM »

So Jilly, how does one make a beard that fantastic?  Ive been thinking that my step dad needs one for his birthday this year.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume.......
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2013 01:05:19 PM »

AlishaMisha - lip balm is a good idea! I haven't made any in ages... need to see how much supplies would cost since that one is not in my current stash...    I am sure that your aunt had good intentions, but, yeah. That would have been a mess!!
Another thing that works well is Lotion Bars. Same ingredients minus the flavoring oil/essential oil. I have to do the math on supplies too because I am running low and I plan on making a bunch as part of party favors for a baby shower that will be at the end of July...

Which brings me to another thing....
I am going to be an Aunt again! I have a 1 1/2 year old niece and she is now going to be a big sister. I have been keeping it hush hush for a little over a week now. Only my parents and I know. My sister-in-law's immediate family still don't even know yet. Anyways, I figure you guys could keep a secret  Wink  So that is probably why some of you have seen "BabyM" on my list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2013 02:09:34 PM »

AlishaMisha - lip balm is a good idea! I haven't made any in ages... need to see how much supplies would cost since that one is not in my current stash...    I am sure that your aunt had good intentions, but, yeah. That would have been a mess!!
Another thing that works well is Lotion Bars. Same ingredients minus the flavoring oil/essential oil. I have to do the math on supplies too because I am running low and I plan on making a bunch as part of party favors for a baby shower that will be at the end of July...

Which brings me to another thing....
I am going to be an Aunt again! I have a 1 1/2 year old niece and she is now going to be a big sister. I have been keeping it hush hush for a little over a week now. Only my parents and I know. My sister-in-law's immediate family still don't even know yet. Anyways, I figure you guys could keep a secret  Wink  So that is probably why some of you have seen "BabyM" on my list.

It seems as if everyone is pregnant or just had a baby.  My brother-in-laws wife and I have two cousins(3rd cousins) that are pregnant.  Then, 3 other realitives of mine just had babies within the past year.  And my sister and brother-in-law are going to start trying this summer.  Im glad that they are all excited about the baby mania, but I sure would hate to have to start all over again!  Our kiddo is almost a teen, and he has been a fantstic kid.  But the thought of starting over-dear hubby and me are like 'oh no no no no!'  With that being said though-I have plans to make some baby gifts this year.  I have bibs on my list already.  Im also thinking of some embroidered onesies as well.  And I want to make a deer hat for one of the babies too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume.......
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2013 02:30:06 PM »

The beard for my BIL was a hit!  Here is him wearing it Friday night:
 They are way too much fun!  Plus, I have enough yarn left over to make at least one more black beard and one more brown beard.  ^_^  I want a red/brown one for myself.  So far 2013 has been very beardy!

I have wanted to dress up as a flashy bearded lady for the last three years. This is the best beard I've seen yet. So awesome!

So Jilly, how does one make a beard that fantastic?  Ive been thinking that my step dad needs one for his birthday this year.  Smiley 

I used this tutorial found here:  http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Grow-Your-Own-Epic-Dwarf-Beard-In-One-Eveni/

Its pretty easy to do, and super fun!  Hope to see some more yarn beards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2013 02:38:47 PM »

I'm going to be an auntie for the first time too!!!  I am soooooooo excited!!! Its hush hush right now too here and just like you my sil hasn't told her family yet, just ours, lol.  They're not going to find out so I'm going to be making alot of neutral baby things!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2013 02:43:41 PM »

It seems as if everyone is pregnant or just had a baby.  My brother-in-laws wife and I have two cousins(3rd cousins) that are pregnant.  Then, 3 other realitives of mine just had babies within the past year.  And my sister and brother-in-law are going to start trying this summer.  Im glad that they are all excited about the baby mania, but I sure would hate to have to start all over again!  Our kiddo is almost a teen, and he has been a fantstic kid.  But the thought of starting over-dear hubby and me are like 'oh no no no no!'  With that being said though-I have plans to make some baby gifts this year.  I have bibs on my list already.  Im also thinking of some embroidered onesies as well.  And I want to make a deer hat for one of the babies too.

In my family there is ALWAYS someone pregnant. Usually 2 at a time. It has been that way my whole life. Right now the youngest generation in my family (the one below me) is going to have the first of a new generation. So, currently my SIL is pregnant and my cousin is pregnant. And let me mention that only half the 28 of us cousins have had kids. Now that one of their children will be having one it is a whole new generation to start counting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2013 02:50:00 PM »

I'm going to be an auntie for the first time too!!!  I am soooooooo excited!!! Its hush hush right now too here and just like you my sil hasn't told her family yet, just ours, lol.  They're not going to find out so I'm going to be making alot of neutral baby things!!!
Congrats! Too funny that it is the same situation! I have to make neutral baby things in the mean time. I think they will find out. Last time they were going to find out but not tell us, but they gave in the same day they found out. I plan on making a cotton green hat for it and then if we find out it is another girl then I will probably crochet a flower to put on it. We will see... She is only 6-7 weeks along right now, so I have time. Though I have already planned a lot of the details for the baby shower. It's going to be Bee themed Smiley I figured it is gender neutral and my niece loves this bee song that she gets all excited about...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2013 03:50:39 PM »

thanks for all the apron love!

This thread is going so fast! So many cool projects, have to give a shout out to those beards Jilly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Megan Moore: The Revlon Makeover Challenge
Marianna Hewitt: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Marianna Hewitt: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Serein Wu: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...