A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 533445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: April 04, 2013 10:28:23 AM »

The spoons take about one to two hours, depending on the type of wood that I am using.  Decorative spoons take a little longer.  I am currently working on a love spoon that seems to be taking forever, only because I'm not practiced enough to just zip through it.

Not all of my projects are wood, or take a lot of skill.  I have also been doing some fun things with paper.  We cleaned out our files for the new year and I found a lot of paper that was printed on only one side.  I usually use this kind of paper for origami practice.

Here's a project that was done with this kind of paper.  Some of it has lines and some doesn't.  There are no fasteners of any kind.  The journals are held together by the folds.  Not real practical, but they were fun to make.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 62 done
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1911 on: April 04, 2013 10:31:41 AM »

What lovely spoons!  and, practical as well!  Do they have to have any type of finish or do you have to be careful not to let them sit in dishwater, etc?

Thanks for the crate link!  What a good idea!  I have a lot of milk crates left from college that are just ugly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 04, 2013 10:45:08 AM »

I don't put any kind of finish on them.  And I don't put them through the dishwasher or even put them in dish water.  I usually wash mine in hot water with a scrubby, and rinse immediately. 

And if you stir anything with tomatoes in it, the spoons have a tendency to turn orange. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 62 done
skittlebub
« Reply #1913 on: April 04, 2013 02:40:01 PM »

So far behind.... Only 63 pages to go though. I've had a look at all the pics. Nice work everyone.

I've lost track of how many items I've made. I got really busy with markets but, I have pictures on my phone so hopefully I'll be able to transfer them to the computer & upload them at some point  Undecided This is where an app would be really handy so I can upload pics straight from my phone as I was taking them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
misskohaku
« Reply #1914 on: April 05, 2013 12:34:03 AM »

So many pages to catch up on and projects to take photos of and post pics. But here are my most recently finished ones that I just had to take pics of!

First up, the 2.5 year 1up blanket!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422343.0#axzz2PZU1A7dE My post on it with a bit more on the story.

And some Easter egg dye dyed yarn!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=326.0#axzz2PZU1A7dE My post on the yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1915 on: April 05, 2013 04:50:42 AM »

misskohaku- I LOVE that mario mushroom blanket!  I have seen a couple neat pixel mario blankets-I have even tried to make one.  But when it comes to granny squares-my mind just wont coporate.  Like i have adhd and I just cant focus at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1916 on: April 05, 2013 06:05:33 AM »

Kookaloo - I didn't think this one was that bad (Jalie 2911 I think is the number) but you definitely have to know something about sewing to be able to put it together with no words.  I would be a little hesitant to use it for something super complicated like jeans, but I would consider myself a still pretty beginner sewer and it wasn't that bad.

I wonder if someone like me who prefers to ignore the words on most patterns and only use the pictures would like it?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #1917 on: April 05, 2013 06:34:34 AM »

Love the mario blanket mushroom!  It amazes me when they are done with granny squares, too!  All those ends and planning!

RLB--I am much better at looking at the pictures for sewing but for knitting and crochet, my mind goes crazy reading charts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #1918 on: April 05, 2013 06:49:37 AM »

I have just recently learned how to read crochet patterns, so I bought myself a little clearance book on variations of the granny square. I think that 1up blanket it just too cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 05, 2013 08:02:46 AM »

RLB - Quite possibly!  I'm a a chemist by training, so I am pretty much hard wired to want concrete instructions that lay things out very specifically.  Luckily in sewing if I screw it up there's no chance of it exploding  Wink, but I still enjoy having words to refer to if I want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Light a Macro Shoot
Comparison Between Abstract and Pictorial Photography
How to Light a Portrait with Small Flash Units Part 1/2
How to Photograph Water Movement Part 1/2
How to Photograph Water Movement Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...